Is he, dare i say it, the most influential music critic in the world?

is he, dare i say it, the most influential music critic in the world?

I love Anthony Fantano

If your favorite album were a girl what would she be like?

I think he is a faaaaggooooot

I agree with you

Asian, androgynous-sounding, dead.

Guess!

He and P4K are pretty much the only music critics are pay attention to (occasionally DEHH I guess).

Pinkerton

I still don't understand how the fuck this guy got popular. He has no unique perspective to offer. He usually doesn't even say anything of consequence or interest in his reviews. He's just regurgitating shit he sees on the internet, and somehow he became not only e-famous, but like, actually INFLUENTIAL among young music fans. HE'S SO BORING.

All this applies to theneedledrop channel. The fantano channel is actually interesting.

Please be ironic
They're both good beginner sources but pretending they're the peak is a good way to stay a pleb for life
Once you stop needing to be spoonfed you'll learn how great RYM soulseek and discogs are.

He's just charismatic enough and articulate enough to express his opinion + he adopted the meme factor pretty well + he was a Sup Forumstant during the golden age of this board so was able to draw in a lot of fans and they've kept a wave going on Sup Forums that kept perpetuating the myth that he was a huge entity when it came to reviews that kept going until he actually was that huge entity.

Its weird how similar Fantano is to Beyonce.

what do you recomend big boy?

It's not like they dictate what music I listen to or what I think of it.

I just think they both cover a fairly wide variety of music that I can use as a jumping off point.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>you never been to england have you
underrated

Learn to read.
Fair enough, that's probably the best way to use them. Sorry for being kinda antagonistic.

Learn to be polite with other users. Good sire of the manlet shire

of all the things you can say to shit on the guy, you can he has no unique perspective to offer? any opinion he states is a unique perspective you chucklefuck

he actually used to have really decent taste and insightful things to say, but the actual depth of his reviews really plummeted around early-mid 2016. his "analysis" at this point usually just amounts to describing the music using the same pool of adjectives ("shimmering guitars", "watery synths", "trap-influenced beats/hi-hats")

honestly, given that he's so huge yet his team is so small, I think he's either out of ideas or he's overextending himself & exhausted

Please by ironic
RYM, Soulseek, and discogs are just as bad. Why don't you try forming your own opinions?

no unfortunately it's r*bert chr*stgau

Unironically he is.

More qualified critics and still playing the game in text or venture in being critics of things other than film.

He killed it by being on YouTube.

These

Loves sci-fi, a little bit drugged out, will play dnd with you if you ask nicely, and is some of the best hard sex of your life.

Maybe in 1977. Now he's just a sad old man with Bruce Springsteen's cock stuffed in his ass.

this made me cringe quite a bit

Made you cringe? Imagine what I had to go through writing that shit.

No, you are for yourself when you grow up.

sleepy, ethereal and beautiful

black, homeless, smokes crack blunts

Spontaneous, impulsive and just all over the place really. She'd probably be stoned all the time and dress really messily too.

The Money Store?

IT'S YA BOIIIIIIIII

>The fantano channel is actually interesting.
the few videos i watched on the fantano channel just felt like a giant waste of time. he was just reacting to shit and had nothing interesting to say. not to mention how annoying it is when he gets political.
Similarly to I think he's already reached his peak. His best videos were the ones from late 2014 to early to mid 2016. he really went downhill when he started doing those god-awful meme-reviews.
also, I remember he made a video I loved in 2015 about avoiding ideologues, so it's very funny how he became one in the last few years.

Long Season

Dir en Grey

yes, and yet he still has 0 influence

He's easily one of the best content creators on YouTube

>TRAP INFLUENCED BEATS

political and bipolar

Too bad he doesn't review any good music.

Way too American, tpab is not a 10

Does a shitton of cocaine, depressed when she's sober, likes pigeons

What about this guy?

Uh oh.

Not worth taking seriously, but I don't mean that in a bad way. He makes fun of dumb lyrics because it's funny for his audience.

Energetic, sometimes depressed, always hopeful.

feedbacker?

He's pretty thick for a vegan. I guess Oreos count as vegan food.

White, blonde, rich, laying in grass that exceeds the height of her legs, tanning, doesn't actually know I exist

Long Season

he did say he wanted to stop with reviewing, and the needledrop channel as a whole at some point,
he IS exhausted