Mfw senior in highschool with a 2.4 GPA and 1410 SAT

>mfw senior in highschool with a 2.4 GPA and 1410 SAT

What were your HS scores? What are you doing now?

3.6 gpa 1240 sat

>34
>unemployed for last 7 years
>moved back in with parents two years ago

I got expelled from Highschool in 2012 and am now a behavioral nurse working on a masters to become a nurse practitioner.

Just go to community college, it's cheaper and if you fuck around like you did in highschool (like we all did) then you can prove yourself and get into a better school later. But you have to put in the work.

4.2 GPA (AP Classes)
1370 SAT (old style)

>20
>3.8 GPA
>HAS literally is a fluke

I'm currently trying to be a firefighter. Always wanted to be in a protective services/first responder occupation .

Graduated with like a 1.9 or whatever the fuck c- is. I got a shitty start but I'm 29 now and I'm a developer for a little place making good money. Just know that when you get out of HS life gets infinitely better if you put effort in.

2.7 with 1260 SAT, got into one of VA's top five colleges because they love my HS and accept anyone from here

2.3 GPA 1320 SAT. Currently at NYIT. Dude with your SAT they will want you purely because you will raise their average.

3.3 GPA
29 ACT

I'm 3 years out of Highschool.

I graduated as an "underachiever" but actually just had terrible life skills. Lazy social networking, lazy organization, poor work ethic, etc.

Dropped out of college after a couple of months.

Worked a dumb person job for a few months, got accepted into a year long volunteer program.

Volunteer program was great, helped me practice life skills, helped a ton with depression.

I'm back in college but going to a much less prestigious school and working towards a much less prestigious degree. I was doing Comp Sci now I'm in philosophy lol.
I really don't give a fuck about making money and will probably go for a graduate degree since I like school now. I want to work for a non-profit or religious group ( Catholic) in the future.

I guess it would be 1300 new 1920 old for the SAT

1380 SAT 3.7 GPA just applied to some schools for computer science let's hope I get in

career is over rated. just work one dead end job to the next. rinse/repeat til heart attack/ stroke.

Go to community college, actually try, and get an associates before going on to a 4 year college. That is, it your concern with the low GPA and scores is that you can't get into a good school.

Alternatively, get a trade and your GPA won't mean shit.

2.7 gpa ged 2012

my SAT is around 930 i don't give a fuck about school, the system is broken

How the fuck do I go about going to a out of state school? Anybody do this?

4.4GPA 34 ACT 1510 SAT. Case western this year. Cornell next year. Or maybe I'll drown myself in the finger lakes who really knows?

how does a retard like you know that the system is broken?

>1.8 - 2.63 GPA all through high school
>31 on ACT
>highest the school has ever seen
>to this very day it stands as the highest ACT score out of the school
>mfw I took the test in 1989

I'm still in touch with some of the teachers from back then since they were only 6 years older than me and every year they've told me "nope, user, no one has beaten it this year..."

>32 on act
>not close to highest even in that year
user confirmed for living in ghetto

if it's a public uni you're probably fucked unless you have a 4.0 and 30+ ACT or are willing to take loans.

For example I got into all public schools in the Midwest I applied for but for my own state tuition it was 10k a year but for the state next door which is actually less prestigious it was 35k, they a lot offered scholarships so it was like 20k.

If it's a private school it will be the same tuition no matter what. You can do research some schools offer a lot of financial aid like they might have 50k tuition but on average give 85% aid.
Acceptance rates vary wildly and they aren't as strict as state universities. Most state universities will just say if you don't have a 3.0 fuck off but some private colleges might be lenient towards students with high test scores.

If you don't have your heart set on a local state university you need to apply everywhere especially if you are OP with a 2.4. You will get in places but you will also get rejected places. They will let you know what kind of scholarships you can get and what you will be paying only if you apply.

The Common App is an application you can mass submit to a bunch of colleges so do that ASAP.

Finding "the perfect place" is no big deal. Find somewhere you know you can get school work done. Losing confidence and desire to do school work is what causes people to drop out, not their doormroom, not their roommate, not the Greek life or lack of, not the intermural sports, not the clubs.

if you visit the most important things to do are check out classrooms, meet a prof in your major, think about logistics of campus and getting to class, where to study, where you would live, if/where you would park, where you would eat. Stuff like new dorms, good food, etc is great but won't make you any more or less successful.

My last piece of advice is DO NOT OVERSPEND ON COLLEGE. Depending on your future career and cost of living taking more than 25k-35k on student loans can be brutal.

Your highschool is a fucking disgrace wtf. My sister went to a Bitch Academy that averaged 30.