Would you give money to the homeless? Would the homeless person buy food or booze?

Would you give money to the homeless? Would the homeless person buy food or booze?

I'd give them food instead of money

Yes, and probably. Sometimes I'll buy them a burger. Or give them some water if it's very hot out.

I'd give them nothing and laugh at their misery.

my dad gave a 100 to a homeless man once (yes he could afford to) and saw him the next day and he had a shopping cart with as much beer he could buy. as of that day i learned to ignore them

Eh I give money to the homeless like once a year esp if they’re not obnoxious about it.

The actual valuable thing I do is vote for progressives and on legislation that either taxes the rich or benefits everyone through social programs etc. that’s worth a lot more than a meal or two here and there.

Dont give them anything!

Youre only enabling their behavior. Most of them are mentally ill and some of them arent even homeless. Some people make over 100k a year panhandling. Why work 40hrs when you can $300 wondering around a big city or camping out in front of a walmart?

No.
/thread

My town has the most homeless in the UK, and we have posters up asking not to give money (heroin is rife). I offered to buy one a meal the other week and he shook his cup at me and said "MONEY!". Fucking faggots.

My ancenstors didnt stomp out generations of shitskins just t give away our fortunes to a bunch of crybaby losers

Hell no.

LOL

sometimes, mostly just enough to buy some food. I know whats it like to be completly hopeless and have the world take a shit on you, sometimes just an ounce of kindness can be enough to change someones outlook

Guy said he was hungry needed a dollar to get a hamburger. We were outside a Mc dorkles.
I said if you're hungry I will buy you anything you want.
He just walked away

Democratic programs don't work. (See : Baltimore, Detroit, Portland, etc.)

I buy food for the ones asking for food outside of the dollar store
Not the "stranded" skanks caked in makeup you see going car to car begging in parking lots though.

Having been homeless before: Money is a problem. Money is bad.

Food you can get. Most places will feed you a REALLY banging lunch for free, and it's stuff that, while not the tastiest, sticks with you.

Water isn't a problem. parks have drinking fountains, places that feed you will let you fill up containers. If you're in the midwest, QuikTrip is baller about letting you get a drink as long as you aren't screaming at the real people.

Let me tell you the best thing anyone ever gave me in my time of being a bum: Hand sanitizer.

Feeling clean made me feel human again.

Well at least were I live (out in the New Mexican badlands.) When ever I see a homeless person asking for change or this or that I try my best to help him. Not for some vain sense of "Oh im a good person so I must do this or that." Maybe im too naive and trusting of people for my own good. But I like to assume were all good some were deep down inside of of and sometimes we need a little help.

the fuck u expect him to do, the cunt has nothing to enjoy

may as well live a little

could have got a hotel room for a couple nights, some clothes from a cheap clothing outlet like goodwill, warm shower and bed, the list goes on

>This.
Even if someone gave you $200 that's still nowhere near enough to even pay a single months rent. Let's not pretend like we don't blow our tac returns every year on stupid shit we dont need.

But America is still worse than anything else, right?

I would, also Let them booze or buy drugs, why would I care?
they are homeless, doesn't mean they should feel shitty too.

So how did you make it back to be one of the normal people with an internet connection? Curious to hear your story.

Half the time you give beggars food, you can literally watch them throw it away.

The fuck are you on about? I couldn't give a shite about America.

No, I'm not enabling their laziness. In my country, no one has to be homeless.

i agree with this guy. if i really wanna do something nice ill buy them booze or give them a buck. they're getting rot gut though cuz im broke as shit too

Never, ever give money directly to the homeless. Give it to shelters, or assistance organizations directly (less administrative overhead than through your employer or United Way).

If you feel the need to give something to an individual, make it something than has little or no cash value, but is needed, such as food.

Yes, it is most likely they will take cash and buy booze. But there are those who not only buy food, but share it when they get it.

>homeless = lazy
Sometimes it just means your in a bad place with no family or friends willing to lend a hand. I'd say a good chunk of homeless people I've met seemed to be mentally handicapped and wouldn't even know how to get back on their feet.

Enjoy the brownskins, bums, and the rest of European filth mate. Here in USA you can beat them senseless with relative impunity.

>couple nights
Unless you're squatting in a crackhouse, a cheap motel runs ~50USD per night, before taxes.

>good will
Angel closet. Catholics throw clothes at you, niglet.

>shower
public pool sprinklers at night in the park, handsoap in public bathrooms.

This autist has it right.

So, not that interesting of a story, but here it is:

Back when I was young, impressionable, and stupid (as all anons are at any given time), I hopped a bus to Arizona to move in with my 'one true love'. You can imagine how that went, and with no cell phone, no money for a bus ticket home, and no gainful skills besides kicking ass at Smash Bros I became one of Phoenix's many social derelicts.

Bummed around, thinking I could get out of it. Could not get out of it. Eventually this absolute angel of a granny that worked at the soup kitchen discovered I was a retard, what I'd done wrong, and hunted down my family. They got together enough money to buy me a ticket to Amarillo, and I walked back to Oklahoma.

I grew up in Bradford, no one goes to the police.

as a former homeless person, i fucking hate the homeless. i lived out there for around 16 months. got a job on a bike. saved up. ate trash. and now i live indoors. it was fucking easy tbh. i still sometimes miss the feeling of freedom from living outdoors like i did. anyway, dont give them anything.

I always give them food or coffee, that way they can't buy booze or drugs

Yes. And if the person decides to have a drink on it, let him, must be hard to be homeless and I'd drink too if I were.

Of course i will give them money do you know how humiliating it is to ask a random stranger for money. I've been there before and i didn't panhandle because of the shame. Also who gives a shit what they spend it on, as if buying food somehow makes your money well spent. People who say shit like that are people who won't part from their money if it doesn't benefit them.