youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaI2IlHwmgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qku2WZ7aRYw
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A
youtube.com/watch?v=n6RTF4OPzf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hey, me too!

Take some time, sample source material he has used. Try to make it sound as nice as he does. Post here. We'll judge

you must be new to the idea of sampling
thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/track/pared-back-to-the-minimal

Fancy word for stealing, nothing more, nothing less.

so you just dont think it sounds nice or you cant enjoy the atmosphere? Or are you a moralfag?

nice meme rockist scum

i disagree that sampling is simply "stealing". the difference with the caretaker for instance. is that i wouldnt listen to his music if i knew what the source records were and could play them myself. however in other cases samples are included and add to the artists work. i view caretaker as sort of a compiler

>rockist
I don't think you know what that word means

Is this supposed to put down those genres?

The source material and what caretaker makes are very different. Theres a completely different feel than just listening to an unfiltered classical tune. Atmosphere is completely lost

>original is boring kitsch
>gets at least a bit interesting by distortion
checks out in many cases

except that painting never became interesting with some shitty effects thrown over it

did niggas ITT just discover V/Vm test records and Histoury Always Favours the Winners?

He's been doing this stuff for decades. It's all available everywhere for free.

youtube.com/watch?v=I9LmhcTtyYU

get the album sick love from slsk

youtube.com/watch?v=rioRQosAnQY

leyland kirby is another one of his nom de plums

youtube.com/watch?v=WR4WAotlShg

Yes, but do you like the lawsuits that go with it?

update

Why are you /classical/ morons always bitter at other genres?

Don't mind me, I'm just sampling this wallet.

Goddamn, you're either old or a complete idiot, or both.

Cos NIGGA DEAD!

Except when you sample, the original sound is still there, dumbass.

welcome to plunderphonics

I said that, bish.

Sorry if I don't agree with the idea of stealing. Are you by any chance a nigger?

So tell me, if you worked your ass off to create a piece of art, you wouldn't mind if someone literally took the piece of art you made, adding or changing something on it, and calling it his?

Are you one of these whyte dumbasses that thinks your soul is being stolen if someone takes a photo of you? Nigga PLEASE

My original art would still stand, so i wouldn't give a fuck. Once you create art, it belongs to the world, not you anymore.

JEsus christ

I get what youre saying, but you sound stupid when you phrase it that way. it sounds like some stupid comie "music should be free man" shit. i think it would be better and more accurate to say that anyone who doesn't realize that the propagation of digital information is inevitable and really a good thing with regards to the spread of ideas

misphrased what i meant but you get it

I don't get why people hate sampling, I mean look at this:

this is bad sampling: youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaI2IlHwmgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qku2WZ7aRYw

this is good sampling:
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
youtube.com/watch?v=HIrKSqb4H4A
youtube.com/watch?v=n6RTF4OPzf8

not because these songs are good or bad, but the first 3 are literally the original song, with POWER being the least bad because it's just a small part of it, while look at me and pump it is the same shit as the original but with some shitty lyrics on top. リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー is the worst of the last 3, but it's still very different from the original, with the original being a shit pop song, that was transformed into a spacey vaporwave song that's still shit but is different. Get Got just samples 1 second of the original and repeats it throughout of the track, and one more time is similar to Get Got sample-wise, but it samples much more than a second

all 6 of those examples are shit

good sampling is stuff that takes the source material and treats it as an instrument to create something completely different to the original, like half of oldschool hip-hop and technically all of jungle

There's a fine line between samplingand stealing but there's a big difference

DJ Shadows made some amazing music but his sampling is almost stealing in some cases