Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TTBEVgQVps
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why did you think you were funny

?

tonight i wasn't.
sometimes i am.
it's like anything else you get better with practice and tonight was rough

How long have you been doing it? How long was your set? What joke did you loose them at or why did you bomb? & how do I get into doing stand up no formal training but always been funny. Any advice for someone trying to get into it?

How akward was it on a scale from 1 to 10?

How big was the crowd

1. on and off for a few years. only seriously for about 6 months collectively.

2. it started off bad and never got better. i've been wanting to work on more like... in the moment shit. so tonight i went up without jokes, but just had topics that i'd thought about and wanted to try working them out on stage like how real comics do.

3. you get into it by doing it. go to open mics. preferably in bigger cities. show up and maybe dont even go up, just watch people bomb. sometimes its really bad. tonight i was one of 4 that bombed hard. i cut my shit short, the others didnt and just bathed in their bomb. i shoulda done that but i get so nervous i cant think sometimes. horrible stage fright

4. take a class at second city or io or something. honestly. or just go to a bunch of comedy shows and try to write some shit.
what i'll say is keep it short. any story you tell, you should try and get to the funny bit at most every 10-15 seconds. cut out as much fat as you can to the joke.

for me it was a 2. for everyone else it was probably up in about a 7 range.
i don't feel awkward ever tho tbh i just feel nervous.

probably about 20ish people at that point. hard to say. it was kind of a small bar and it was packed earlier in the night

oh and i was microdosing on acid. thats another detail lol

hit up kill tony on mondays at the comedy store

Tony will be happy to give you some pointers (and mock you)

im in chicago now but i was living in LA for a while and i miss the fuck out of the comedy store.

What kind of jokes do you use?
Personally, I like when people rip society apart, and make it humorous. What joke got the most laughs tonight?

Why don't you cut your losses now and try to do something productive with your life?

Thanks for answering & ya tbh ain't nothing but to do it and go out and try it and bomb hard then get after it again. I live in a big city so I'm sure I could give it a go. Thanks again user if you wanna drop a link or ig or some contact I'd follow

i normally do a lot of one-liners, but i've been getting longer jokes now the more confident i get.
mostly observational. sometimes i try to go a little like seinfeld with wordplay

i dont really go in on topical shit normally bc its so overdone but tonight i was going to say something about forest fires but never got to it

none of my jokes got laughs but there was this REALLY funny skinny black dude that was hilarious and super high energy

because then i'd be sitting home like you trying to make other people miserable

twitter.com/TheAndwee

>none of my jokes got laughs
Damn, sorry to hear that, man.

also do it!
its really fun and the people are generally supportive and nice if you're supportive and nice

Let's see one of your comedy routines.

thanks dude.

my favorite quickest little joke that i tell is

shoes are pieces of floor that you take with you and flip flops are pieces of floor with an attitude problem

I see why you aren't funny.

no wonder you bombed

meh.
it's context.
if you write down a lot of louis cks bits they arent funny, it's about their delivery and how he stumbles through the bits sometimes.

but yeah it's not really a like HOLY SHIT THATS BRILLIANT kinda joke. it's a short joke thats easy to type. fight me.

kinda hesitant to post it because this is b and my name is on it tbh but if you really care i'll post it.

Great how you ruined those people's evening. The next time they probably will consider twice if they should go to a comedy club because of the bad feeling they got when they listened to your gig.

THIS actually made me laugh, so you succeeded at the end.

Also, I used to play in band and I know the feeling when everybody in the room hates what you are doing.

Please post routine! I will give feedback

Why be satisfied with only that dude,
you want to be recognized?
Go beyond those simple jokes man, go beyond and make that HOLY SHIT joke. The only thing stopping you is yourself. Don't drown in mediocrity rise above that shit.

where at

wasn't a comedy club it was a bar that hosts an open mic.

in chicago.

youtube.com/watch?v=2TTBEVgQVps

go for it.

totally not about being satisfied man it's about making progress. you don't start videogames at the final boss

This is Danny DeVito. Fuck the haters here, I've been there and it takes practice.

Don't give up and don't take advise from the haters here.

i would not even be surprised if you were, in fact, danny devito. this is the weirdest place on the internet of course you would be here.

but either way thanks

i love your energy, my dude.
you rule.

Yeah because this is what Danny devito would do on a Friday night

So close but yet so far

This was pretty OK... When you get on stage you can feel that you are not comfortable.. A lot of uhms and ahms.. Work on the first impression, when you get on stage, just dominate it and be immediately present. That would help both you and the performance.

It should be noted that many of the big comedy clubs where people "catch their break" tend to be full up. You'll show up for an open mic in the afternoon, and the sets are dished out first-come-first-serve. You may not even get in.

Also, to the OP, while improvisation and wit can be seen as very entertaining and wonderful comedic qualities, even the best improv/off the cuff comedians have to have a pool of jokes to fall back on. People like Jimmy Carr, who have made their whole careers off of audience interaction, have a large pool of "stock jokes" that they can use if they can't think of anything immediately.

On Friday nights, Danny usually does your mom, but since she's sick with some STD, why wouldn't he drop by?

thanks for the advice dude!
i have a more recent one and i feel like i got over some of the hesitation but it didnt really go as well as this one.

just need to work on it.

So uh, what's the deal with airplane food am I right?

I thought the squirrel cemetery joke was hilarious

all true things

i fuckin love that joke. thanks for checkin it out dude

You're cute. Can I kiss you?

>A comedian who isn't funny is my role model

Are you a woman?

sure
time and place shnookums

wat
who is whose role model im confused

no. i am both a man in body and in spirit. i am man. incarnate.

You sound like a numale.

dont know what that is but cool

WHAT DID YOU OPEN WITH?

Holy shit. You stink, user. Not even memeing.

Kek

Gay faggot.