This is my character. Her name is Yumi. Should I give up on drawing?

This is my character. Her name is Yumi. Should I give up on drawing?

no, never give up drawing, just strive to get better, and you will, op, just practice it daily

Never give up.

needs more coloring, you're not done yet

But I'm bad at colouring. As for the rest of you, thanks for your kind words.

Just try a little bit harder and you'll be there.

please stop drawing anime

On a different site, I posted this. A bunch of people said it looked like something a 6 year old would draw and it broke my heart.

Tf is this. U should motivate ppl to do other things not drawing. If u ain't good at it just leave it.

You think so?

the drawing is good but maybe trying something else other than anime could bring out your talent

Yeah I really think so.
Guys like these only lie to you. Let's be real dude. I've seen drawings on paper that r sick.

You're fucking retarded if you think that getting good at drawing just comes up on a dime or not. Whether you're 'good' at drawing in the beginning doesn't mean squat when it comes to learning the actual basics of art.

Practice makes perfect, but make sure after awhile of freehanding things, to try to branch off and learn the basics of art so that you can fully grasp how to articulate what's in your head into paper properly. Also, learn to take critism, if you get hurt to the point where you want to quit just because some people insulted how you draw, you should first learn how to thicken your skin a bit; and learn how to take what people say about your art, and try to utilize it to make it even better. Don't use it as a demotivator, or you'll end up crashing yourself out eventually and quitting. Then years down the road, you'll wonder 'What if I continued to do what I enjoyed; and didn't let others dictate what I enjoy just because I haven't done it well in their eyes?'.

Not saying you should just think your art is good no matter what, in fact you should always strive for the opposite. Always try to find what you can do to improve, and never think your art is perfect; because nothing ever will be. Keep on chugging OP; and learn to ignore douchebags who would rather tell you to fuck off and learn a different hobby even if you enjoy it. Also, never sign up for art college, that shit is a scam and a half. You can learn everything through tutorials in books, or online; or even other people. You'll get there bro, just keep striving to learn.

Also, try to do different types of art. Just learning anime won't help you in the long run.

Thanks.

>sees this thread
>expects a whole bunch of people shutting down OP
>its not
props to you guys for actually being supportive to op here!

Yeah, it means a lot to me. Anyways I haven't slept in a while. Good night.

Draw my pet mexican

Mods, ban this 12 year old.

I haven't slept much either. Just went to go and fap and found this thread. I know the feeling all too well OP, so I just felt like typing that out to you; especially since I wish somebody told me that almost a decade back when I gave up on drawing. Don't give up, and actually listen to the people who say your art is bad; and try to hear what they have to say so you can improve upon it. Don't just blot them out because they're 'haters'. In fact, you should listen to them MORE than the people who blindly praise you for your art being 'amazing' or perfect'. Other than that, there's nothing much else I can say to you. Sleep well, user. And I wish you the best.

Learn anatomy and draw moar. Never give up.

Keep practicing!