Detroit Tigers (8-4) vs. Tampa Bay Rays (6-8) Gamethread

Fulmer vs Andriese

7:10 PM ET start

Lineups to follow if I am not lazy

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/9922289/detroit-tigers-hire-brad-ausmus-replace-jim-leyland-manager
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Think I'm going to have to shamelessly self bump this until 7 in fear of getting swamped by the refball threads

GO TIGERS
(am i doing it right?)

Yes.

B A S E D
R
A
D

>The game of baseball is a clean, straight game, and it summons to its presence everybody who enjoys clean, straight athletics.

yes, please save me

Bad calls happen, but we have video replay to correct a lot of them and bad calls for strikes and balls usually go both ways. Welcome aboard friend.

Thanks bud, looking forward to my first baseball game ever

Try to be a little bit more cerebral in future posts but otherwise it's a good start.

Please try to ignore Tampa's monstrosity of a stadium, fandom, and team in general. The Rays are a national embarrassment and shouldn't tarnish your first impressions of the sport.

>The club is a charter member of the American League
that is neat
>one of four clubs (with the Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox and Cleveland Indians) still located in its original city

BUT THAT IS AWESOME, dubs be blessed for ever

Yeah the local community is a big thing for Detroit sports actually. We are a sporting town, even if a lot of our teams suck at the time being.

No pro sports team has ever left Detroit

MIGGY GONNA MIG

NICE ONE

GO TIGERS

i really do like loyalty, gotta stick to the local community, that's how it should be

The Tigers are loyal to their players too. Ownership literally just views the team as a hobby and will pay shitloads of money to keep their star players despite the team only being an upper-mid market team. They spend Nee York/LA/Chicago levels of money to keep their best talent in Detroit.

Like that man you just saw crush the ball 415 feet.

This. Cabrera is an all time great and is a tiger. I love it.

And he will never not be a Tiger given his contract.

>chilling on the couch with a blanket
>watching the first game of baseball ever
>getting to know my new team
>watching ken burns documentary during breaks
>shitposting on Sup Forums

truly comfy

Is this a hot gun or is Fulmer throwing harder than normal today? Every fastball is like 96-97.

What is the difference between left and right handed? How does it influence the game?

Is that what got you interested in the sport, Ken Burns' GOATumentary?

And why did you pick the Tigers?

That's the best way to enjoy baseball. Shitpost and do other things between innings.

Screw you guys, Rays would kill a Tiger IRL every time.

I am giving baseball a chance, dubs decided my team. Divegrass is too corrupt (Fuck FIFA & UEFA)

Everyone recommended to watch the documentary, because i honestly don't know anything about baseball.

afternoon boys

I recruited him in one of the semen slurping refball threads with the power of dubs

It's easier for a right handed hitter to hit a left handed pitcher and vice versa because due to the angle you get a much better look at the pitch. So managers will play around with matchups lile stacking their lineup with left handed hitters when a right handed pitcher is starting for the opposing team or putting in a right handed pitcher late in the game to try and get a really good right handed batter out.

Some batters can hit both right and left handed in order to take advantage of this and are called switch hitters which is a sought after skill. Victor Martinez on the Tigers is an example of a player with this skill, not all hitters can.

wow you picked the best team to watch in all of baseball

if you need a rundown on ANYTHING just let me know. i got you covered on team past 5 years history, good/bad players, potential trades, farm system, thread drama and past/present tripcode users

Tigers are definitely a good choice. They're a good team that are always exciting due to an above average offense and near constant bullpen spaghetti.

And Ken Burns Baseball is fucking fantastic.

>managers will play around with matchups lile stacking their lineup with left handed hitters when a right handed pitcher is starting
aaaah i understand
>switch hitters
interesting, i like those tactical thoughts

I'll be home in 15 mins to post brads desu

Jones has been looking overmatched in recent games. Can't wait until we get JD Martinez back.

Mahtook has been garbage too.

>Tigers

thanks a lot bud, i will probably ask some stupid questions in the future as i start to like the tigers and the sport
Can you recommend another Tigers/MLB documentary?

do you think we can get the 14th game in a row with dingers off Archer tmrw? probably not tbdesu

Start with my long post to you in the general

Glad to see some genuine interest in the MLB outside of the US.

yeah you'll come to learn baseball really isnt too complicated outside of meme advanced stats that you should stay away from

There are also effects on the running game too: for instance it's easier to steal second when a right handed pitcher is on the mound than when a left handed pitcher is as the right handed pitcher will have his back to the runner.

Baseball is an incredibly nuanced sport strategy wise once you dive into it. As you'd expect for a game people have been perfecting for 130 years.

>boot up dynasty mode in MLB the show
>do tiggers
>first thing i do is try to make a package of sanchez/vmart
>no takers
FUCKING JUST TAKE THEM AWAY

Aight, thank you!

I'm probably not the best one to ask for movie recommendations desu.

Mahtook has always been garbage. Still don't understand that move.

good use of your leg there fulmer

Elite assist by Fulmer right there.

>That cheeky walk off

Major League is best baseball movie

My cerebral dubs got him to check out our team. Can I get a

B A S E D
R
A
D

??

relatively low-risk move to add some depth to the outfield. upton could have been moved and we'd have to rely on collins/jones to play there full-time which could be just as equally risky. plus, mahtook has a minor league option available so i'd imagine once JD returns we'll see him get sent down since collins/romine are doing well in the mean time

>our team
>I'm not a Rays fan

Still glad to see the interest.

I was born in (west) berlin, i had american soldiers in my neighborhood, having barbecues and playing baseball on weekends. I don't understand the rules and don't know much about the history. But this will change soon.
pretty nice, i need to learn quickly

MY
MAIN
MAN
MR
LEAFBRO

I don't know I'd rather carry Jimenez for an other bullpen arm than carry Mahtook/Collins/and Romine but I guess then you'd be stuck with Collins' dogshit defense late in games if you've already subbed in Romine on the infield.

First thing is first

pic related

The only Tigers doc i could find is on the 60s riots and the hand the Tigers played in calming detroit down. It is probably too much for a non-American because it involved a national cultural, racial backdrop that is interesting to learn about but outside the scope of "tigers fandom."

all you need to know is that one of the players named Willie Horton ran into the street with his uniform on and stood on a car and tried to get people to settle down and that's why his number is now retired. A year later, the tigers won the world series and supposedly calmed the city down

i would honestly rather take romine than jimenez at the moment, the bullpen is shaky but there's some wiggle room there. young kid still has a lot of work left to do, i realllly dont want to see him get rushed like rondon and turn to shit it would really suck

Familiarize yourself with this

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/9922289/detroit-tigers-hire-brad-ausmus-replace-jim-leyland-manager

fuck that sounded like it was out

reee kinsler

based brad

Close. Damn.

Fuck I thought that was gone. Must have got it on the label

thought it was gonnnnne

someone else will ding dong i know it

Castellanos' huge weakness is that breaking pitch into the dirt. Kluber raped him with it and other pitchers always get him to chase that shit.

I'm saying send Mahtook down, not Romine. Obviously you keep Romine.

And I don't think Rondon's problem was he was rushed, his problem is he's a fat lazy fuck who doesn't put any work in to get better.

How many times has he been sent down now for being a fat piece of shit with no work ethic? Two, three?

those pitches wouldn't be much good to hit even if they didn't break
he needs to learn, they all do this to him

saved
thanks for your effort, i will read about their history soon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIGGY

Save this one for when the bullpen inevitably begins to blow it

So Cabrera is really good, isn't he?

yeah just watch out when he drinks and drives

Damn you don't see him swing at pitches like that very often.

and this one

first ballot hall of famer

2nd best hitter since the steroid guys in the early 00's

One of the greatest right handed hitters in the history of the sport. That's not hyperbole, he's a first time hall of famer and a once or twice in a generation GOAT.
Nah he quit drinking after his wife beat the shit out of him, he's good now.

Damn i am really lucky, dubs be blessed

Seems like the perfect team for me

cmon upton

Who are you placing above him? Pujols or Ortiz?

reeeeeeeeeeee fulmer

poo holes. i actually forgot ortiz but he was one of the steroid guys too lol.

SHIT

Tim fucking Beckham lmao

Gay.

juicy fucking meatball lol

90 in the middle. welp

How is the center of the plate a cold spot for that guy?

fuck

fulmer with the beard looks so old, weird that i'm a year older than him lel

>harwell field

neat. Germanbro you should read up on our boy Ernie Harwell.

Because he's shit.

>harwell field
The hell is that? Did they rename Joker Marchant or something?

>Throw 1 (ONE) bad pitch
>Lose lead

Nah at Wayne State. We still have publix field down in Florida.

nah he let the guy on too. multiple bad pitches

baseball

leafbro, can you post the "brad enters" webm? I somehow have never saved it and I love it when you open threads with it.

V-Mart sucks

>For 55 seasons, 42 of them with the Detroit Tigers, Harwell called the action on radio and/or television. In January 2009, the American Sportscasters Association ranked Harwell 16th on its list of Top 50 Sportscasters of All Time.