Does intelligence (in the IQ sense) matter at all for musicians?

does intelligence (in the IQ sense) matter at all for musicians?

>anime

Fuck off weeaboo.

Found the brainlets

it matters for almost anything

It depends on the specifics of the task.
Higher IQ in theory means someone has the potential to do something more impressive but if you ever see a Mensa magazine you'll discover how fucking worthless people who value their high IQs actually are so far as making things.
Sure I'm in Mensa and I wrote this shitty post.
So long as you have something worthwhile to communicate and know how to communicate it then you're grand - that's all that matters in creative fields.

My IQ is 163. For those of you unfamiliar with IQ, this means I have "genius-level" intelligence. I also have synaesthesia, and absolute pitch. Things as diverse as math, music, and art come naturally to me and I get straight A's without studying much at all. I also am able to understand music at a deeper level than most people. While most people my age spend their free time listening to mainstream music, I spend my free time listening to works such as Hopsin's Ill Mind of Hopsin 1-9, J Cole's Born Sinner and 2014 Forest Hills Drive. All this and I'm still in high school. Ask me anything.

I must know the source of this pasta. Was the original post sincere?

Why did you waste so much time making that shitpost?

that's the thing, when i read about people with over 140+ iqs I never see anything relevant towards music

it sure seems like it.

Whoops, that was meant for you.

Not necessarily. Smarter musicians generally make better music, but being smart doesn't inherently make you a better musician.

intelligent people spend more time in their heads and detached from their base instincts, which actually might be detrimental in some styles of music

Source? Your ass I suppose.

Their time is too valuable for anything objectively useless like music.

Trap, no joke.

define objectively useful

I'm sure there are musicians with massive IQs, they just don't give a shit about it because it's not really impressive.

Absolutely but not as much as you'd think

Arguing about intelligence is actually the least intelligent thing you can do. Good job, Sup Forums, you all look like fucking 13 year olds.

>intelligence (in the IQ sense)
Why in the IQ sense? That's a pretty limited operational definition of intellegence

probably funk or r&b

>you all look like fucking 13 year olds
Most of neo-Sup Forums consist of them.

i'm asking specifically about the things that IQ measures rather than "intelligence", like spacial sense and non-verbal pattern recognition

Probably to some extent. Try your luck using some of those search terms on google scholar/sci-hub/etc