What do you use?

What do you use?

only this deodorant

Are you the same guy who did this thread like a few days ago? Also thinking of buying this and the greyish/black version, do you recommend?

And by "this" I mean your cologne, not mine.

i only wear whatever greasy italians wear

diesel and gucci guilty

nothing, because I shower every day and prefer to smell like a human being than a chemical spill

So you're a faggot ?

bet you are a vegan and have no gender

Wtf I have that exact cologne, got it for Christmas a while back. Love it though, it's nice

This. Smells so good. Or dolce and gabbana

are you trying to say you're not?

not him, but tbh, fags usually wear some sort of subtle cologne.
i work with a few

the ones that smell like sweaty b.o. that's fruity wear this shit

Creed MI
Roja Enigma
Pineapple Vintage Intense
By Kilian Back to Black
Parfums De Marly Layton
Xerjoff Mefisto
Amouage Jubilation
Amouage Reflection

My rotation.

Buncha plebs up in here.

>bragging about sinking thousands of dollars into perfume on an anime imageboard

>being poor

Often complimented, invest.

Pineapple Vintage is better, more reliable (no “batch variations”) and cheaper. Aventus is the OG, but PV does it better. Plus, Creed are jews who keep raising their prices.

You're too right on the inconsistency, it can be a minefield. I just find that when Aventus is good it's DAMN good. The prices are ludicrous but then I'm never the one buying it (praise gf)

I bet you smell like fucking garbage and B.O.

quads tbf

I like to smell like a winner

Well, Parfums Vintage is a company started by people from basenotes who hated the batch inconsistencies, so they decided to make their own Aventus, basically. They currently offer 5 versions of Pineapple Vintage: regular, Noir, which is smokier. Intense, which is more fruity, Noir Intense, even smokier, and Beyond Noir, which is super smoky.

So, you have your preference of Aventus batches, if you like smokier or fruitier, you always get the one you want, and it smells 99% the same. I even think Intense is better than Aventus, myself. It’s also like 1/4 of the price or less.

If you’re an Aventus guy, it’s very worth looking into.

>Four hundred dollars

God damn

Hey man, thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check that out!

New to the 'cologne scene'. Wanting something inexpensive that still smells good and unique. Any suggestions?

that's good shit bro

JOOP!

Stetson original

I tend to get 50ml-100ml at a time, not quite $400

super-satan is correct.

Oh, that’s nothing. Look up Roja Haute Luxe. 2,500 British Pounds for 100ml. The bottle has gold leaf in it, it’s the cheapest thing in the bottle.

Yeah, just google Parfums Vintage or a Pineapple Vintage, you’ll find it.

They have nicer bottles than Aventus too, IMO. Creed does kinda cheap out on their bottles.

I usually use ~100$ tier cologne. Smells decent and doesnt fade totally during a night out.

Got to try an expensive one once and holy shit i want to smell like that all the time. But i can't really justify paying a shit tonne for a 20ml bottle.

Has anyone tried making their own? There are plenty of online stores that sell fragrances and extracts, and the ingredients themselves typically go for ~ounces/$10. I doubt it would be that difficult to reverse engineer an existing cologne (i'm a chemistry student and have access to basic equipment that can separate and detect various compounds like HPLC), and I get the feeling the markup is >1000% over raw materials

>tier

>talks about money

ITT: fags

I get some balls sweat and rub it around my neck before I go out. The phermones and musk really does something for girls. Absolulely serious but I also shower everday so its not a nasty smell.

highly recommend this one

I have, with everclear and essential oils. It smells pretty good, but I have to use a larger volume than I would of storebought stuff, and it lacks that kind of alcohol-cool smell that designer stuff has. I'm not sure what ingredient that is, aldehydes? idk

I use this as well. Also use related pic. I get compliments on both quite often. The CC No.1 is a fucking pussy magnet though. The last time I wore it was in Miami when I was going to LIV every night with some friends. At the end of every single night, I was taking at least 3 girls at once back to my hotel suite. The last night I was there I let me friends wear a bit of the cologne, and we managed to get 14 girls to go back with us to my suite, and we had a huge fucking sex train orgy with them. Bitches can literally smell the fucking money in that cologne.

Any of the YSL line is great for a sub $125 cologne. Good choice.

Been using this one and Bulgari Man

>thinking cologne makes you smell better to anyone but yourself

>alcohol-cool
menthol or menthone come to mind. Aldehydes typically have vanilla- or cinnamon-like scents but it really depends on what specific chemical it is. What oils did you use?

trash/joke
good

I made three different batches. One, my first one, was an attempt at making straight vanilla, and I put some vanilla extra as well, and it didn't really turn out how I had conceptualized. Instead of smelling straight vanilla-y it smells too much like a bakery lol. It's still wearable tho, just didn't live up to the concept

Second batch, probably the best one, I went a little ingredient crazy. I can't even remember off the top of my head, a lot of lemon and bergamot for the top notes, uh, I wish I had written it all down now, I just assumed at the time that I would remember everything perfectly, but this was months ago. Cedar base note, I think. And a bunch of other stuff.

The third one was kind of risky in concept, I was going for a sweet smelling gourmand, could've easily overshot "unisex" and made a perfume. It's vanilla, cinnamon, anise. Gotta be careful with that one, the cinnamon oil isn't diluted enough and it can irritate the skin lol. It smells good tho

*vanilla extraCT

It does, though. You’ll learn this if a woman ever lets you within 50 feet of her.

That's not cologne, it's eau de toilette.

Mojo by Austin Powers

I looked up the ingredients for my second batch (I still have the empty bottles of essential oils) and it was: lemon, bergamot, white grapefruit, cedarwood, patchouli, vanilla

I wash.

kekek i buy james bond stuff because it will make me sexy to women just like they are with him.

Next time dont go with the brand and the crowd and buy something cheaper what probably smells/tastes better.

So do we.

Then why wear the cologne faggot?

Because it smells good and girls love it.

Why wear anything? It’s a fashion accessory.

Faggot.

I really really fucking hate the smell of axe, it's incredibly stingy and mostly used by people who skips the shower.

neat, thanks for sharing. I think I might try it some day but will probably go with woodier/muskier scents instead of citrus.

The chemicals in those bottles literally cost maybe 50 cents.
Have fun choking on corporate dick.

Axe is what you wear when you’re in high school and can’t afford/don’t know about a decent cologne. If you use axe past 20, reevaluate your life choices.

The threads in those clothes literally cost maybe 50 cents. Have fun choking on corporate dick.

That’s how shit works, dumbfuck.

Buying expensive clothing is equally retarded.

smells good, but that bottle/advertising

it's too closely associated with homosexuals, you'll smell like a gay bar

Dude, literally everything you buy costs significantly more than it cost to produce. That’s the foundation of capitalism.

i don´t know. using it for years and still love it

Agreed

Le Male is a clubbing scent. Grills love it.

Good and unique, well, without breaking the bank, the best non-niche I have is Gucci Guilty Absolute. It's nothing like anything else on the market (Guilty included), strong leathers, fantastic. Not a woman magnet, in fact the only girl I know who likes it is my gf, and that's only because she associates it with me. I wear it for myself.

I think it smells overly sweet, but my wife likes it.

I understand that.
But the reason perfumes were invented was so rich people didn't stink due to bathing being more expensive.
Nowadays people wash their bodies and clothes, so what's the bloody point?

Bug spray, sweat & wood smoke

A fine choice

Who the fuck is tasting cologne?

Because it smells good and girls like it. Seriously, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on a date and the girl would tell me how good I smelled. I actually got laid once because a girl on the subway asked about my cologne and we wound up exchanging information and eventually fucked.

Also again, it’s an accessory. It’s an affectation you use to influence how others perceive you. Scent is our strongest scent, scent can create very powerful psychological associations.

When I want to impress at work (in a negotiation usually) then this and only this. It has more class than anything else on my shelf. It demands proper attire and rectitude.

Dior Homme has class too, but a more casual, relaxed, easygoing, friendly class.

please fuck me right now!

Still unsure why people consider cologne to be for men, and perfume to be for women.
If you want to go technical it's just the difference in oil concentration.
Many western languages doesn't even have different words for it. Here we just call everything perfume.
We still have the super manly ones though (wood, metal, fire, diesel fist etc.) but they're still just perfumes.
Just go with whatever smells good.
>inb4 feminist.

I know women that fucking hate it, which is purely anecdotal evidence, but I would agree.
If I'm meeting a woman and she's sprayed herself with perfume it very much detracts from the experience.
I don't like make-up on women either so maybe I'm the weird cunt in this discussion.

Cologne and perfume are essentially synonymous. People just colloquially use them as masculine or feminine. People who are actually into fragrances don’t usually call them that, as you said, a cologne and an eau de parfum simply indicate the concentration.

Basically, it’s a layman’s simplified designation.

Cologne is a difficult thing to do well. You have to find something that compliments your natural scent. But then different women like different things, so what one woman likes, another one may hate.

Today, this. Vetiver, patchouli and oakmoss. Love it.

Once I've used up an old bottle of Ralph Lauren Safari, this freeing space on my shelf, I'll crack open a bottle of YSL Rive Gauche La Collecion. That'll be my ladykiller.

So I can wear that cotton candy perfume I've been seeing down the womens perfume isle and not feel un-manly?

Just some axe dark wood deo. Works really well and is cheap.

Well, nothing is ever completely universal. Everyone has their own preferences. In my experience, though, if you wear a nice fragrance that suits the event (ie. don’t be a dipshit and wear like 10 sprays of some heavy, spicy, arabic smelling shit on a first date), it tends to get pretty positive reactions. Again, though, everyone’s different.

I also use 007, grey bottle w/ a red knob on it.

Good talk.
Same time next week.

This

For me it's Luna Rossa Extreme from Prada, Diamonds from Armani or Nuit D'issey from Issey Miyaki. All extremely good perfumes.

Sure, why not? If you’ve got the confidence to rock it, go for it. I have a couple “women’s” fragrances in my collection. I like them, so I wear them.

This too. You have to know what works well on you, you have to know not to overspray, and you have to expect that some women may not like any given scent. There are some I’ve had nothing but positive feedback on, though. I’ve yet to meet a girl who doesn’t like a Creed Millesime Imperial, for example.

Still love the smell of this.

Here's my deodorant of choice