How do you believe?

How do you believe?

There's so much evidence to the contrary. It would seem nice to believe, but there's no desire, no necessity, nothing.

So how do you go from nothing to something?

i believe in myself

believe what in ayyy lmaoz?

Damn, he nutted!

you're missing the object in your phrase

Well believing requires a certain spirituality. It can be reached through a variety of things like meditation and you'll only get there if you don't reduce them to physical labor but search within yourself for something more then the physical movements of your body.
Once you're there you're open to consider religion.
With a continuation of own spirituality and aspects of religion which you integrate into your life you can become more and more religious.
The last step to "truely believing" is probably impossible for most people though.

ayys or gods or conscious universes or higher powers.

to me it seems random, pointless, cosmic accident.

it'd be nice to know it wasn't, but the key is knowing. and i know knowing isn't believing, but every journey starts with a first step and a first step is some sort of genuine evidence. something explainable.

You don't need to believe. Use your brain instead.

well thank you captain pedantic. hopefully you're not too much of a retard to get the gist of the request.

>Big Bang
How do you go from nothing to something? The belief of god is just as far fetched as the laws of physics just happening to exist.

not really. a black hole collecting mass and exploding into another relational existence is at least mathematically feasible. A skyman saying "let there be light" and declaring a bunch of whiny hook-noses to be the chosen ones is another thing entirely.

pic related.

/someone else
I still like the idea that aliens basically pranked humanity with a little influence here and there though.

And I could get behind that if there was even an Iota of evidence.

I mean, you take faerie folk and aliens and only a slight conceptual shift occurs.

We don't really know if the Big Bang happened the way we think it did, that's just the best explanation we can come up with from all the evidence we have collected, and don't have anything big that contradicts it. Likely there was something here before it, but whatever it was has had all evidence destroyed by the event that caused the universe in it's current state

Do you really think we humans have even a .00001% understanding of the true NATURE of our universe? It would be very arrogant and foolish to believe that.

There could be beings existing on a micro level. There could be beings existing on a macro level. Far from our understanding of how they exist.

It is entirely possible that there are 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th dimensional beings all around us. We can not interact with them, but they are there.

That is not a chad...he has a girlfriend and i not, fucking life REEEEE

I like the theory that our universe exists in a much bigger environment they call the multiverse. Their own different contained universes not necessarily having the same physics as our own. They could all be wildly different from each other.
Sometimes these universes touch, they smack into each other, creating a brand new universe. That would explain our own universe and the "bang" in Big Bang. The catalyst.

But, you're god, god is in your interior.

No, but there's a lot of people who believe in it and it never hurts to ask the hows and the whys.

If I even get the .00001% it'd be somewhat worth it.

I like to watch TV shows on the topic.

You ever watch the "Through the Wormhole" series? It is fascinating. It talks all about this stuff. Then there's lots of YouTube videos with PBS space documentaries dealing with black holes, worm holes, Pulsars, Quasars, Galaxy formation, the Multiverse theory, the heat death of our universe, the composition and types of stars, Magnetars, Gravity, Space and Time and their relationship.

It is so god damn interesting. It's food for thought. I highly recommend looking for that stuff. Papa bless.

I believe in god, but my concept about "god" is diferent to the concept about god what has the rest of people. I think god is all and all is in god...in resume, i'm follower of the Hermetic Philosophy

>A skyman saying "let there be light" and declaring a bunch of whiny hook-noses to be the chosen ones is another thing entirely.
You’re just missing the point completely of what a diety could possibly be.

Because all the evidence to the contrary is not entirely persuasive...

I saw it, but I still don't see any evidence.

Randomness is just a partiality of it.

I'd like to believe, but there's no evidence of it, or anything greater.

I know, but to their credit it does feel kind of empty. Pointless. Granted we can all determine our own existence, but it would be nice to know there was *something*.

Nisi credideritis non intelligentis and all that.

I just do. Faith, man. Ya know?

It's great to know that even in my worst moments, when everyone has forsaken me in life and things are just at their worst, I still have someone who can say "I love this man here, for he is mine and he is good" not because of anything I can do for him (cause it's nothing, I am useless without the gifts he has provided me) but because i choose to believe he is real and that he sent his one and only son to die for me.

There's a lot of relief in knowing that you're never alone and that no matter what happens in life, you're always loved.

>I just do. Faith, man. Ya know?
Not really. No. And I gotta say it's painful. But its needed. A demonstration. A method. A reality. A fantasy. Something.

I'd love to feel it. To Know it. To believe it. Everyone does. But before I can, I need the element of proof.

And before you guys start, you gotta give the "there's a miracle in every tree, in every cloud in the smile of every child" bullshit.

You claim a supernatural power/deity. Then give an ounce of proof. It'll cure a pound of belief.

> mathematically feasible
> but mathematics was made by humans
> and humans have never interacted directly with a black hole or another existence/dimension

still, more feasable than someone 6000 years ago saying "magic skyman did it!"