I'm not going to eat food for 2 weeks

I'm not going to eat food for 2 weeks.

Christmas is in just over 2 weeks. I will eat nothing and only drink water for these days. From what I've researched the first 3-4 days will be the worst, then ketosis will kick in and i should be fine.

195lbs at the moment, i'll get back to you on the 24th to see how it goes.

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/11/one-month-without-food/508220/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP will die
f for future respect

I'll try not to die. OR DIE TRYING

But why

Because i'm a fat piece of shit that needs immediate results

You won't do it, first off. Hunger strikes are incredibly tough to stick to. Your body will crave food and that will be all you think about. Also, your thinking will become very slow, foggy, and you won't be able to complete simple tasks without a lot of difficulty. So hope you don't have to work or study or do anything productive

You're not even 200lbs. Just diet like a normal person.

nope. No study or work till january

Pretty much just need to find a nice long video game to keep me occupied and have a gallon of water handy to graze on

I'm incredibly short

Stupid, unhealthy, and ultimately ineffective. Enjoy the weight you gain from the eventual post-fast binge.

>I'm not going to eat food for 2 weeks.
>Christmas is in just over 2 weeks.

You know you have to ease out off the fast right? Hope you're not just going to sit down and end your fasting with a traditional KFC christmas dinner.

Water is your best ally against hunger, just keep a big jug by your side. If you can take a couple of pictures.

this is im-possible

>Christmas is in just over 2 weeks. I will eat nothing and only drink water for these days. From what I've researched the first 3-4 days will be the worst, then ketosis will kick in and i should be fine.

Been doing the same since end of November, you'll be stunned how quickly ketosis kicks in if you are a fat fuck like me and give up everything except water.

They say you can tell by a metallic taste in your mouth, but to me it was more like over chewed chewing gum.

I read the books about healthy dieting, yadda, yadda but most of this bullshit about permanently fasting is propaganda from the health lobby, ignore it.

Fastest way of losing a lot of weight is absolute calorie restriction, supported by water and super strong vitamins (to keep your body running as you lose weight).

Your fat is enough to supply the energy, so as long as you've got vitamins and water you will be okay.

I'm losing roughly 2lb's every day at the moment (exact amount varies), but the hard part is the gnawing hunger...fucking hard man.

Switched from plain water to peppermint tea with nothing added and that helps.

The continuous weight loss and taste of ongoing ketosis helps more though. Still a long way to go until I reach my target weight of 154 lbs (68kg)

Ignore the fucking naysayers and weightfags, they are just trying to keep you fat.

Beware of things like headaches (water and salt depletion), keep an eye on blood pressure (avoiding hypotension if bp too low) and keep a diary of each day.

Also make sure you measure waist, chest and neck as you will lose inches even if you are not losing lbs.

You might look and feel like death, but it will be worth it in the long run. Once you have lost the weight you can worry about other shit like lost muscle mass etc.

True

ketosis is not a magical thing that will eat up your fat you stupid fuck, you need to keep a special diet for ketosis to help you lose weight. fucking stupid fat americans.

Just become a breatharian OP.

>ketosis is not a magical thing that will eat up your fat you stupid fuck, you need to keep a special diet for ketosis to help you lose weight. fucking stupid fat americans.

Ketosis is exactly this you dumb fuck. It is the by product of the body having to convert fat stores into energy.

>reddit spacing
>lies

just kill yourself fatty

You'll lose a shit ton of muscle along with fat. And then when you start eating again you'll gain a shit ton of wait cause your bodys in starvation mode. You're gonna fuck up your metabolism OP

>just kill yourself fatty

Sure, I may be a fat fuck, but at least I am doing something about it and not just bitching and binge eating.

I've tried other ways and none of them have been effective, this is the only alternative I have left.

Fuck you bro

>You'll lose a shit ton of muscle along with fat. And then when you start eating again you'll gain a shit ton of wait cause your bodys in starvation mode. You're gonna fuck up your metabolism OP

I don't have any muscle to speak of, as for my metabolism, it's already fucked up because I am carrying around the weight of another person everywhere I go.

How would you know if you died OP?

F

fuck off back to where you rolled from

>How would you know if you died OP?

Not OP, just some other fat cunt doing the same thing.

If I don't shift this weight then it will kill me in the long run anyway and the fat fuck I see in the mirror really isn't me.

Shit or bust I am afraid.

Got to say that every morning when I hit the scales and I've lost another 2 lbs or so it is an incentive to keep going.

Getting sick of Peppermint tea though.

If you want to keep the fat off you need to make permanent nutrition changes or you will get fat again.
have you ever fasted before?

kek gl op.

>If you want to keep the fat off you need to make permanent nutrition changes or you will get fat again.
>have you ever fasted before?

I don't really eat that much anyway, just working in an office doesn't burn the calories that I do eat.

I know people talk about stuff such as continual hunger pangs, food obsession and other physical symptoms, but although I was worried about all of that it has been less difficult than I thought it would be.

The worst time is just before bed, but I find that if I go to bed I sleep well and wake up refreshed and not hungry (as if sleep fed me), just like a normal day really.

One thing they don't really tell you is that most of the stuff you read about diets is written for, about and on behalf of women who have different experiences and different reactions to men.

The food obsession thing is almost exclusively a female problem, for myself I don't see food and don't really think about it.

When I've finished the calorie restriction phase (probably in about another 2 or 3 months to go), then I will move onto a low carb / high protein diet, but I'm not thinking that far ahead.

I'm not worried about binge eating / cheating either as I don't really have an addictive personality, for the most part I can take it or leave it (again that is a female problem rather than a male one)

Not eating at all will cause you to loose muscle mass instead of fat.

how long does this take? I'm doing intermittent fasting, eating during an 8 hour period, fast during 16. I've just noticed some changes in my face but nothing else.

>Not eating at all will cause you to loose muscle mass instead of fat.

Fucking heard it all before matey. What muscle I have is nothing to write home about and all of the bullshit about "blah blah blah only do x, y, z under the supervision of a licensed nutritionist blah blah blah" is just fucking rent seeking by the medical lobby.

That you parrot their bullshit illustrates the point.

It's really dead simple, your body burns a specific number of calories per day pretty much regardless, for me that rate is about 2,500 - 3,000 calories.

If you eat less than 2,500 - 3,000 calories you will not put on weight.

If you eat essentially nothing then you have a 2,500 - 3,000 calorie deficit every day.

Obviously this has to come from somewhere and muscle mass will be affected, but your body is also forced to lose fat as well (hence the ketosis which is a by-product of fat burning)

>fasting for 2 weeks
are you a jew?

Ok. Talk to you in a couple weeks.

Good luck

>how long does this take? I'm doing intermittent fasting, eating during an 8 hour period, fast during 16. I've just noticed some changes in my face but nothing else

I actually started off doing the intermittent fasting thing, but I just didn't really have a problem with the fast days (hunger pangs aside) and just kept on going.

The first week was the worst with headaches and stuff, but once I massively upped the amount of water I was taking and added vitamins to the mix it balanced out.

Going well so far, just getting into my stride, very much a marathon rather than a sprint though.

I've noticed some physical changes, I am very pale normally, but positively ill at the moment (although I feel fine), I look like I haven't slept in a month when I'm sleeping well too.

Strange.

>I'm sleeping well too

This is another one of the changes I've noticed.

>This is another one of the changes I've noticed.

Any other tips / advice? I'm currently feeling hyper positive about it all.

Don't think I could do this if I was working though, the will power required is a job in itself...

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/11/one-month-without-food/508220/

I used to eat shit food and sodas at night, after a while I don't feel the need to. Even some sweets like cookies just don't taste good anymore. I guess we eat a lot of stuff out of habit.

You are fucked in the head. Just eat right and work out like a normal person. why? because you will still be a fat unhealthy piece of shit after the 2 weeks. You didn't learn how to diet properly and exercise. Just grow up kid, this is not how you lose weight and you will never change if you think this is a good idea.

Extremely easier way to do this, do as follows and you will lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks guarenteed u fat fuck:
Eat one meal a day at 5 pm drink nothing but water until then and eat a granola bar at 3 before u jump rope for ten minutes. U will lose weight as ling as u burn more than u eat , ur thinking too hard about it fatty. Anyways u and I both know if ur already fat then u don't have the willpower to not eat when ur hungry

>You are fucked in the head. Just eat right and work out like a normal person. why? because you will still be a fat unhealthy piece of shit after the 2 weeks. You didn't learn how to diet properly and exercise. Just grow up kid, this is not how you lose weight and you will never change if you think this is a good idea.

'Cos yeah, fat people deserve to remain fat forever.

>Anyways u and I both know if ur already fat then u don't have the willpower to not eat when ur hungry

Which is why I am doing this on my own and not announcing the fact to the real world, because the world is full of fucking naysayers that don't want people to succeed at anything, even if it is literally losing weight to save their life by avoiding diabetes, heart attacks and strokes.

Thanks for your lack of support user.

You need to try my special protein sauce. It’s a root serum.

>'Cos yeah, fat people deserve to remain fat forever.

That has nothing to do with my post. Op is not going to change if he thinks not eating for two weeks is a smart idea. He will just go back to eating the same old crap he was before. Get the fuck off Sup Forums if you think this is a good idea. You underage heterosexual.

I can whip you up some

>That has nothing to do with my post. Op is not going to change if he thinks not eating for two weeks is a smart idea.

How's about this for a scenario then? Maybe like me OP finds that while it involves some discomfort it is not as hard as everyone says it is and he imagined it would be?

How about that?

Then extended two weeks to however long it takes to hit whatever weight goal OP needs to hit (ideally the healthy BMI for his height/weight)

Having an attitude of "you can't win, so don't try loser" is a typical attitude that I've encountered previously, which is why I have said nothing to anyone.

Just because you and others have failed doesn't mean success isn't possible, as for the willpower thing, preventing death is a fucking excellent incentive.

u seem really mad about this
calm down lmao

What in the fuck? YOU will put the weight back on you because you DIDN'T LEARN HOW TO DIET! Worse you might even die BUT who cares about that right? You sound like you're trolling but OP sounds legit.

Dude the time after the fast is going to hurt. Make sure to be careful or else your digestive system will kill itself because of the food

Ur a pussyfart, stop worrying about what other ppl think so things for urself

Fasting is terrible for ur health and slows metabolism thus adding more weight when it's done, losing weight is lifestyle changes not just starving urself when ur not feeling like a 10

>YOU will put the weight back on you because you DIDN'T LEARN HOW TO DIET!

It's not like learning fucking calculus matey.

Equally, although many fat people are fat because they are gluttons who comfort eat, that was never my problem.

As I said, some people just come out with the tired old rhetoric of "You can't succeed, so don't even try".

By that logic no one would ever succeed losing weight ever.

Most people don't lose weight by not eating for 2 weeks. THEY diet and work out. You are fat because you do stupid shit like this.

>target weight of 154 lbs

lolwut
Why 154? Why not 153 or 155? What makes 154 the perfect number?

>Why 154? Why not 153 or 155? What makes 154 the perfect number?

Its well into the "Healthy" zone for my height, but more importantly that target weight feels right.

It's about gut feel as much as anything else

This has got to be the dumbest shit I've ever heard... OP just invest into a gym membership and eat healthier proportionate meals. Stop being a little bitch and looking for an easy way out that could do more damage than good. Seriously just cut your calorie intake and stop drinking anything other than water and you will see quick and more permanent results.

You didn't answer the question though. What specifically drove you to picking 154? Why not a round number like 160 or 150? Why did you choose that one specific number?

>You didn't answer the question though. What specifically drove you to picking 154? Why not a round number like 160 or 150? Why did you choose that one specific number?

Well for starters, I'm only quoting retard units for the benefit of the Americans on this US based board, as a Europoor, I normally think in kilos.

Having said that, 70kg felt like it wasn't enough and 60kg felt like it was too much.

Ultimately, as long as it is in the "green zone" for BMI, that is what I see as important, ultimately the goal is just that.

If I get to 68 and feel like continuing then I shall do, if by then every KG is a monumental effort then I won't.

We'll have to see where we end up.

>Seriously just cut your calorie intake and stop drinking anything other than water and you will see quick and more permanent results

Which is exactly what I and OP are doing. How retarded are you?

The weight loss you get from your fast won't matter unless you don't eat like a pig ever again afterwards. Weight gain or loss is calories in vs. calories out, as you know. If you ate like you did before, you'll just get fat again.

So you have to either eat less, or exercise more. Preferably both. This still requires a long term change in lifestyle and diet. Otherwise all this suffering you're going through right now will be for nothing.

>the doctors are all wrong/lying
Famous last words.

Most of my problem was not related to diet, it was alcohol which I have given up entirely for more than a month.

It was more routine than anything else, I never really craved either food or alcohol, not having a compulsive personality.

Since I can either take it or leave it (and I have most definitely left it), I don't think long term stability afterwards will be an issue.

"We'll see" as the Buddhist master says in the parable.

>the doctors are all wrong/lying
>Famous last words.

Not really, the docs have been proven wrong in study after study, in addition their own line of bullshit has been proven not to work.

They are gradually being forced to change their tune (but only gradually), simply because they are being ignored by their own patients.

The doctors espousing what, exactly? Be specific.