Why is Sweden so good at pop music?

youtu.be/1jSrBdN4b5c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lbZ7BG1adGI
youtube.com/watch?v=TKD03uPVD-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Lybk3syf9z8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

U R wrong

They really are one of the very few Continental Euros with an actually not dead music scene.

This song was average at best

>fast food musica foda-se REEEEEEÃÃÃÃÃÃÃO

youtube.com/watch?v=lbZ7BG1adGI

Why is Korea so good at pop music?
youtube.com/watch?v=TKD03uPVD-Q

Singing in English on their own volition. Yet another way Swedes cuck themselves.

>name is salvador (savior)
>warns people to stop listening to fast food music
>they don't listen
>22 dead in manchester in ariana grandshit concert

OUR GUY

Why the fuck would someone not sing in English and reach a several thousand times larger audience when they have the ability to do so?

>Koreans sing in their own language
>Korean band won the last billboard award
majority of people don't care about the lyrics anyway, might as well do quality stuff in your own language, create some art in it. 95% of non American/British/Australian singers singing in English just butcher the language.

The last time Swedish was heard in the Eurovision Song Contest, it was sung by an entry from Finland. Yeah, talk to me about 'cucked'

Salvador didn't call out any names in his winner speech about fast food music, but Robin felt the need to answer on instagram lmao

The romanian dude (who can't sing for shit) also criticized Salvador.

Loved the salt desu

Finns are cucked too. Most of their major musicians sing in English as well.

lmao

wait, what happened? what's all this talk about fast food music?

>Scandinavian peninsula
>continental

>majority of people don't care about the lyrics anyway
But presumably you're one of the few enlightened lyric connoisseurs? Get off your high horse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2017. This Portuguese autist won the contest with an old-timey ballad, runs away with the jury and popular vote.

When he gets the mic for a victory speech, he calls his victory a victory for 'real music' and a win against "disposable... fast-food music". Overall a very ungrateful speech and an ultimate-fuck-you to countries that take the contest seriously. He was evidently talking shit about the other top 5 contestants, namely Sweden

For the record here is Portugal's song
youtube.com/watch?v=Lybk3syf9z8

>he calls his victory a victory for 'real music' and a win against "disposable... fast-food music".

he did and they applauded him and that makes it funnier.

I often do care about lyrics, yes. But vast majority of people I meet just want the beat to be good.

Lol. Tbh I like those old-timey ballads, but his is kinda bland. I think it's a good thing though that this type of music, sung in a language other than English has won.
And if they applauded him for that,then that really is funny.

>But vast majority of people I meet just want the beat to be good
Perhaps, but so what? If that's what people want then who are we to stop them?

>He was evidently talking shit about the other top 5 contestants, namely Sweden
But he liked Belgium and never mentioned Sweden, not even once. His criticism was mostly towards the music industry in general and the mainstream radios, not eurovision.

then why not just sing in your own language?

A part of me now wishes that a disposable Swedish song wins next year, just so Salvador has to hand him/her the trophy.

that is actually a good question. i was told that even kpop/jpop labels have swedish producers. i mean holy shit.

this, tho

You're all continentals to us.

This song is incredibly bland.

Because it isn't a binary option where people either care very much or not at all. People care enough about lyrics to prefer music in languages they understand. At that point you're faced with a very simple choice: either you reach around 10 million people or 1 billion people. For many it isn't even a choice of that, for them it's either pursue music and sing in English, or do something else because there's no way they'd be able to afford to do music exclusively in Swedish.

If you dislike foreigners making music in "your" language, then simply don't listen to it.

Why is the US so good at pop music? Why is the UK so good at pop music?

cultural hegemony

because good music can't be a massproduced good but a rare occasion.

Implying these artists reach such massive amounts of audience. Maybe only those goth rock/metal bands you have in the scandi. America and Britain produce enough pop to satisfy the World's need for English music.

What do you think musicians eat and pay their rent with? Good wishes? Praises from Sup Forums users?

It really is just a result of economics. The potential to earn money is greater with English lyrics so naturally that's where people will go. It really is that simple and whether or you like that is completely irrelevant.

It's about the potential reach. I didn't it was necessary to explain that, because it's pretty obvious.

>America and Britain produce enough pop
I don't even know how to respond to this level of stupidity.