Which [spoiler]vinyl[/spoiler] record should I get to a friend that likes 60's music?

Which [spoiler]vinyl[/spoiler] record should I get to a friend that likes 60's music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BRE3kjL3Yjg
youtube.com/watch?v=EX_zWlUK57U
discogs.com/Various-Nuggets-Original-Artyfacts-From-The-First-Psychedelic-Era-1965-1968/master/85910
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Revolver would be the obvious choice dipshit.

abbey road, sgt pepper. Something entry level.

he has all the classics. Recommend new music.

Dusty in Memphis
Disraeli Gears
Surrealistic Pillow
Odessey and Oracle
Nina Simone Sings the Blues

Freak Out! if he doesn't already have it

Exile on Main St.

It's from '72, but fuck it why not

new music
60s
>>>

Nice thanks. Other Cream albums that are worth it? In case I don't find Disraeli Gears.

He likes Childish Gambino new album which I guess was heavily influenced by them and he has no Cream album.

He is saying that he wants to purchase new music,
for someone who generally likes music that is similar to what came out during the 60s.
its really not that unusual.

Fresh Cream and Wheels of Fire.
Gambino was inspired by Funkadelic's Maggot Brain, but it's from 1971.

Serge Gainsbourg - Initials BB

60s as fuck, also french

he really likes funk too.

Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsys

Last album before his death and jam packed full of funk.

youtube.com/watch?v=BRE3kjL3Yjg

Lemon Twigs do good 60s revival stuff

The Brian Jonestown Massacre would be something he would probably like. Psychedelic rock band in the 90's. Albums Recommended with their respective influences:

Their Satanic Majesties' Second Request - 60's Psychedelia
Take It From The Man - Rythm & Blues
Thank God For Mental Illness - Country & Folk

Another great band would be Spacemen 3 would recommend their album The Perfect Prescription.

thank you sir.

are the Girls albums good gifts?

Looking into buying one of the "Rare Mod" CD volumes. I would start with the first one, but it could be out of order if you'd like. These are CDs of genuine 1960s mod music, but few if any of them were ever actually released. I think these were archived for decades, instead, until being found and deemed relevant enough to finally release on CD. I like the "Rare Mod" collection, and it is also a very untypical choice that might give your friend something big to look forward to.

youtube.com/watch?v=EX_zWlUK57U

Revolver
The Velvet Underground & Nico
Time In (underrated Brubeck, some real bangers on there)
If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears
Bonnie and Clyde

And who could forget

Get him this, it's one of the best compilations of obscure 60's psych out there. It's an essential album for anyone into 60's music.

discogs.com/Various-Nuggets-Original-Artyfacts-From-The-First-Psychedelic-Era-1965-1968/master/85910