Ask a Canadian Native man anything

Ask a Canadian Native man anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PnX_xL35bL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would you say your people have more in common with american natives, or eskimos?

How drunk are you?

Isn't it true you get your skin colour from sucking maple for thousands of years

What kind? Ojibway? Sioux? Cree?

I'd say we're more in common with American natives. Eskimos are very very different.

how does it feel to be literally lower than niggers?

niggers at least manage to make accomplishments in sports, music, and the entertainment industry

Kaska, it's a Yukon/BC clan

It honestly feels shitty but hey what can you do :/

Got any spiritual beliefs? Is it true you guys can take the form of a moose, but only to serve the greater good?

Get fucking raked leaf

OP answer the trips faggot

There are legends of Shapeshifters but that's more South. I do believe in the Creater tho, also black magic to a certain extent.

how many animals do you poach per year?

I'm not sure... but there are some legends involving maple syrup that are pretty damn funny.

It's popular believe that we take without care but most here only take what is needed. In the Yukon/NWT at least

What do think of the current state of native/non native affairs and do you belive in bigfoot?

I hate how we are treated differently but I don't care, also I believe there was a Bigfoot but haven't seen him lol

What would you like to see happen to address some of the issues your tribe in particular and even first nations at large? And what causes you to say that there 'was' a bigfoot, are you implying that it no longer exists?

WHO LET U OFF THE RESERVATION

if i posted child support applications or a job application would you get spooked and turn whatever laptop you stole from a white person off?

How do you feel about the nation of Neanderthals your ancestors murdered and took the land from.

You do understand that there is zero evidence of Neanderthals in North America

First, the community i live in is very corrupt and poor. Though fuelling the stereotype, I think we need more help from the government. I think we deserve it even on a national scale. Something to help natives with addiction, because that's probably the biggest problem. Second. There have been legends and stuff but no ones really seen him here or even in the past 100 years.

No lol

First thing lay off the sugar, why do you think your woman have such huge gunts. All that bannock.

Canada is a country that is recently held in high esteem for it's progressive values but the oppression runs deep.and dark. What are the best tidbits and stats to present to people in everyday conversation?

Where I live, natives definitely hate it and would rather not talk about it but when we do talk it usually gets people pissed on both sides.

What is your opinion on the AFN and what role do you see them playing in addessing the issues you outlined

I agree, you'd be surprised on how many fat natives there are just because of bannock and booze.

I don't think anyone will fix anything tbh

I dont want to poke at an open wound but can you get into specifics.

So you are basically of the opinion that first nations are fucked and theres nothing to be done about it? It seems, to me anyways (a white ontariofag) that there have been some pretty major moves towards trying to normalise relations with first nations and attempting to undo the centuries of awful things inflicted on first nations writ large

It's a big misunderstanding in the whole whites vs natives thing. It all boils down to the government and the state of the world at the time. We get blamed for being savage and childlike (drunks, need the government, etc) but it was the residential schools and the government that made us like that. Literally killing us for land we shared as one because of greed. While our children were forcefully turned "white". It's the tourture we experienced that makes us this way.

It will be a struggle and I'm just out of hope so maybe we will eventually be normal. I doubt I'll be here for it tho.

Residential schools forced a foreign language on my peoples youth. Everytime we'd speak the only language we knew we'd be punished and we were taught to hate our own people and way of life. The government encouraged this.

Personally i hope every fiber of my being that you are wrong on that front but I cant help but share your pessimism.

Bump

Could returning to cultural and spiritual roots help with this? We can all agree that what was inflicted on first nations through residential schools was monsterous but I cannot come up with one good idea on how to help heal those wounds

We didn't have a chance to heal but I think I'll just take time. I also think it's a good idea to be in a cultural area and not a more city environment. We need to be proud again. Learn the ways again

you said you believe in black magic to an extent, have you tried opening your chakras and become good wizard?

It's said you're born into it. It's also a taboo to confront a magic user but apparently they can make things happen out of spite or respect. I've witnessed magic before.

Way better than niggers because they have their own reservations, also they don't have jews promoting them

I think the reservation councils are the biggest issue facing first Nations

I don't know much about them since in the Yukon the whole place is different from the south. But they are an issue

oh keetaguy

I would love to see that but what worries me is that a lot of those cultural areas are so far out in the sticks that there are almost no chance of economic activity in those communities.

How different is it in Yukon compared to anywhere else?

Why are you so goddamn rude? I'm half native and I deal with natives all the time. You're rude in person and on the phone. Not only that you try to blame the White man for goddamn everything. Denied service? Must be the White man. Even though all the employees are native and told you several alternatives.

I unfortunately don't know a lot about fixing natives :/

How many pre pubescent boys do you rape in an average year?

I guess it's a lot of ruined childhoods, depression and repression. There's always that one Native.

If you did that here you'd probably get killed

I dont think anybody does unfortunately :(
I love my country but the issues first nations have to face fill me with an overwhelming sense of shame.

The way it should be anywhere in the world imo

The Yukon is small compared to everywhere else. Half natives half other people. Some hate goes around but for the most part we are friendly. Not a lot of gang action. Cozy and calm no terrorism, no mass killing

I had a ruined childhood too but I'm not a fucking sav.

Unfortunately Ottawa is more concerned with foreigners than it is with actual citizens who live in places that feel like it's the third world.

I don't know dude, some natives are just rude.

Why not get off reserves and stop segregation. Go to school, get jobs, stop preaching for the right to poach, pay no tax, try a China Town concept. Be part of the solution instead of the problem. Our natives need better leaders. I’m from NB, East Indian, you want to see racism? Come here for a bit.

I wouldnt nessicarily say thats the case, refugees are easy to help all they need is to be brought in and they take care of themselves from there on out. They move to metopolitan areas where jobs and housing are easily had. Its far more difficult to to bring such opportunity to a community that is only accessable through portage or float plane

I believe you. We need to stop laying around and do something. Better leaders and shit

how does one start to better leader?

It was exactly those types of attitudes that lead to this situation in the first place and comparing the racism you experience and what first nations experience is apples and oranges.

Motivation, will and a good way with words also the ability to actually do something for the people, i guess.

They're brought here, found housing and jobs on the people's dime. I knew a woman whose job was to hand out visas to immigrant families. The White guilt was written on her face.

And it goes beyond that. A lot of native communities, even the hubs, have shitty drinking water. Shit for jobs. So few ways out.

It’s up to this generation, and the next. I worked in willow lake NWT months with natives ona major oil spill, kids who wanted out, school, trades. But they were afraid to leave and be shunned by their elders. Not a good concept.

youtube.com/watch?v=PnX_xL35bL4

Christ, this girl is so awesome :3

Canada is one of the richest nations in the world. We can afford to bring in people who were living in hell on top of what is needed to start addressing the myriad of issues facing first nations

I ain’t clickin that link wagonburner

OMG ive been wanting to ask you so much.

Much respect man, sucks what my ancestors did to yours.

all that aside. do you actually care or are affected by all this "reconciliation" and commitees set up by our government?

it seems to me that these reconciliation initiatives do nothing to help naitive Canadians at all and just do things to create more government burocracy and optics.

If I were prime minister I would for sure do something to help the individual naitive Canadians.

Where I am in Vancouver naitives make up a disproportionate amount, of low income, homless, and substance addicted people on the downtown east side. why is this? Its obvious, you aint ment to live like that. Noone is, my ancestors have been adapting to capitalist society and teaching their children its ways for hundreds of years.

your ancestors have not. your ancestors have been teaching your parents how to take care of the land, and now that white people have industrialized and capitalized all the land. your traditional skills and culture are irrelevant.

But there is a place for these skills and naitive values.

I believe that the answer to this most extreme white (and other capitalist ethnicities) privilege in Canadian society. Is not to force our naitive peoples to adapt.

true reconciliation shouls start with naitive values and culture, and then We sould have to adapt our capitalist values to IT!

Idk what I'm getting at but I feel for you.

ANd TBH, I'm happy I'm not naitive, I'm so happy I'm white. I feel bad for you tbh, maybe I shouldn't I don't know you, your probably richer than me. I'm poor as fuck. But I'm white, and I'm thankful to be on the winning side.

I don't mean to be an asshole, that's just my honest feeling.

A shame it doesn't actually happen, except for importing terrorists. Our PM would rather cry or wear another culture's hat instead of doing any actual work.

That's how it is for most people that are white, why wouldn't you want to be white lmao

You do understand that not a single refugee has been charged or even accused of being a terrorist. Every single one is born and raised in Canada

actually I should correct myself, my ancestors came here recently and did nothing to yours, But other whites fucked shit up.

I shouldn't feel guilt for other peoples ancestors lol.

and you shouldn't have me just because I look similar to someone who fucked your ancestors

Says a lot about protecting them from being charged. In any case being born here doesn't keep someone from being involved in a dangerous cult that seeks the destruction of everything we hold dear.

Do you have a strong personal sense of Naitive and tribal pride?

or Do you have a sense of shame of colonization?

or do you feel a bit of both?

This guy has some good points, especially about the traditional skills first nations have with regards to managing the land. They did an impeccible job of it up to the point where the Europeans came around. Having them help manage places like provincial/territorial/national parks and even crown land in the ways they had for before would not only have benifits economically but would help the enviroment too

Oh i see, you're just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks

Got any smokes?

I still have pride in who I am, most do. It's just some elders that feel ashamed of the future of their people, not all tho.

A very common addiction that a lot of people suffer from not just natives

Why do you only shave your left goose egg?

Electricity ran out before the right one could get finished.