Napoleon, one of the greatest generals ever, failed

>Napoleon, one of the greatest generals ever, failed
>2nd reich failed
>3rd reich failed

Is it at all possible to invade Russia and hold it?
Hard mode: doing it in the winter

Kaiserreich managed it kind of, Brest Litovsk was harsh on Russia.
However Versailles undid it all when they lost in the west.

Hitler should have done the eugenics first and then invade.
He was an egotist dying of parkinson's so he had to invade too early or he would die before he fulfilled his dream.

To be fair Napoleon did hold moscow (after it was burnt by the fleeing russians). Hitler never even reached it.

They could have technically held it longer had they chosen to. There just wasn't anything really worth salvaging.

Food storages and fields were destroyed by Russians, so he had little to eat and there weren't going to be any crops for about 10 months from the time he reached Moscow. So no, he could not hold it longer, that was the plan.

>he could not hold it longer, that was the plan
Of course, I'm not trying to make it sound like it was glorious or anything. It was pyrrhic by nature. Pretty sure napoleon found the city destroyed when he came to negotiate and at down for like a week or two.

You can argue the russians "won" if you like, but they literally made the call to burn their own capital. Either way the point I was making is Napoleon was at least "physically" there holding Moscow, Hitler never did anything remotely close.

Also OP completely forgets the golden horde and the khans that raided proto-russia for like 500 years before the moscow aristocracy rose to prominence, before the tsar era.

>Step 1: Be Mongolian.
>Step 2: Wreck that shit.

No there are too many Slavniggers to fight

I debated whether or not to add them, but decided not to since russia didn't reallly exist as a nation then

Fair enough. I guess the only real things I can think of are that all of its Eastern Neighbors were weak, so they never threatened it and that it's kind of stuck in a corner. Even if you conquer it, it doesn't really open up any new trade routes or conquests.
In order to get to Russia you pretty much had to go through a bunch of 'literally who' countries with nothing worth conquering. In the process you'd end up having your supply lines stretched pretty badly and ultimately every winter gives the Russians time to regroup.

This.
The final part of the east front in ww1 was the germans and austro-hungarians hopping onto trains and travelling station by station capturing the towns as they went.

You can conquer Russia if you are Polish
Easy mode; be a Mongol invading from behind

Btw
>Napoleon fought against Russia AND THE REST OF EUROPE
>Hitler fought against Russia AND THE REST OF EUROPE

it was on fire and the literal majority of people had left the city. french forces held it for a short time before deciding it's literally worth it to just turn around and go home, then paris was occupied. who is the victor in this scenario?

Why the sudden drop in the 2q43?

So from the west it's near impossible? Let's say it's 1v1 no other nation interferes and you have to occupy moscow for 3 years minimum.

That's when they started winning.

Calm before the Battle of Kursk

You forgot
>Carolus failed

>2nd reich failed
Check your history, Davido-kun.

No that's a fair point actually. That's why I mentioned pre-tsar era. I'm not a buff on russian history but from what I understand there are 3 keypoints you can start counting down : (1) from Daniil Aleksandrovich (Daniel of Moscow) in 1261-1303 after he establishes an independence from the khans and grows his territory - basically russo-tartar era ; (2) from ivan the great in 1462 does all his expanding - the beginning of the tsars; and finally the "imperial russia" with peter the great from 1721 onwards to the revolution.

If we talking about the tsar era here, then I think Napoelon is the only one who was able to "bully" russia to an extent. The russian people were less centralized in the previous era and had to wait til Danil of Moscow to really get the ball and court intrigue game going.

>tfw no worthy successor

The show melted and it was muddy and shit the germans tried to reorganise their troops after their defeated in stalingrad and the soviets tried to reinforce their frontlines cause they suffered great losses in the battle of harkov

It's a literal wide open road. There are no mountains, there are no natural borders, there are no obstacles at all. There's nothing.
Russia is a tiny country, the entire Russian core (entire industry, all ports, city centers), literally all of it wide open.

Russian government would run behind Urals (the only natural defense they have) and would attack from there, and they would burn everything before leaving, you would starve and have to fight.

The only way to invade Russia is to plan a 10 years of food and ammo for every invading soldier. You would have to understand that you are sending your soldiers in a place where there would be nothing, absolutely nothing, other than ash and dust, they would have to carry every singe thing they need from home.

>Is it at all possible to invade Russia and hold it?

Jews invaded Russia from inside

USA could invade Russia anytime if it didn't have nukes

Dmitry donskoy and lithuanians fucked their shit up.Mongolians only captured split ruthenian knyazholds, not a big deal.Didn't even vassalize Halycia-Volhynia for a long time.

With the technology of back then no, but today you could conquer it.

>who is the victor in this scenario?
please learn the definition of the word pyrrhic. there was no obvious victor. that's the point. besides from what i understand napoleon was on his way there to pressure the tsar into stopping arming the brits with supplies, and when he arrived to the meeting he found the city burnt and abandonned. Both parties got BTFO in this story, russia did it by choice though.

the people from the steps dont count. you give them some rocks to throw and point them in the right direction they could probably fight a alien invasion and bring it to a draw within 2 years

Dat German K/D ratio

They can nuke everything into oblivion, atomic arsenal, so no, you can't.

>Asks how to invade Russia
>Is from country who succeeded in doing so
I don't know, you tell us