I'm feeling like having an existential crisis today, who's with me?

I'm feeling like having an existential crisis today, who's with me?

nobody. nobody has ever been with you. nobody will ever be with you. you are alone.

No shit sherlock

>I'm feeling like having an existential crisis today, who's with me?

Nah. Hungover and high as fuck. Going to eat a cheeseburger in an hour. Nap and watch football. With my cat sleeping on top of me.

if you had a button that could turn everything into nothing would you press it?

all the pain in the world would go away
and all the happiness will not be missed because there's noone left to miss it
there never will be

so, do you press it?

It only gets worse OP. The fact is that we killed God, By killing God, we gained a lot of freedom. The problem is that this freedom is not absolute. Even worse, what are we supposed to do with this conditional freedom. The death of God means that nothing deserves to exist and that chance plays a huge role on whether you succeed or fail. In essence, nihilism is the case and that is very scary situation.

Silenus, the demi-god of Dionysus would say, "Yes, press that button." He said that the best thing for a human would be to never have existed. The next best thing for a human who already exists is to live a short life. When you add all the good times you will have in this life versus all the trials, tribulations, and heartbreak, it is better to not have existed at all, even if you were born a prince or to a wealthy family.

if there is a god who created this universe its a cruel god that deserves no worship

gotta figurei t out make a change do what u l oev find a very good purpose in life OP

I know what you mean user, I been in this crisis just some weeks ago. Then I found job in a big city

The problem is that it is very likely that there is no god. We live in a universe that saw the rise and fall of many gods that many people lived and died for. At one time the Aztecs and the Incas were sacrificing many people each year in the name of gods that we now know are fictional. Yes, if a god exists, it is probably a cruel son-of-a-bitch. But, in a way, it's even scarier the reality that seems to have become clearer and clearer -- that is, there are no gods and the universe in which we live in doesn't mind if we kill each other in the name of a god that isn't real.

I, for one, enjoy existing in a world without purpose.

will i be free from this hell?
or will i reicarnate?
i know the population of earth has increased a lot so reincartaion doesnt make sense
but maybe there's a cosmic limit to the amount of concious lifeforms living in the universe at once

we may increase our population but an alien species might suffer a great holocast
and so the balance remains

i hope i will dissapear though, living eternally is hell

Here, hopeless and with that problem since 2 years ago.

Your beliefs are shit tier.

The problem is that not is there no purpose, but the universe is indifferent and hostile to what ever purpose you desire. There is a 100 percent mortality rate for everyone that has ever or will ever exist. This mortality can come just as you are getting everything together. Just ask Boethius.

I always thought that we would be reincarnated but in different time periods

>reincartaion doesnt make sense

Unless you consider the soul to exist outside time and space.

You're better off just enjoying the fact that you exist to begin with, instead of taking it for granted.
It's amazing that we're able to have this conversation if you think about it ! I myself want to keep on living to see what will happen next; life is a series and I'm hooked.

Can confirm.

OP, chill, you'll make it.

It seems likely that you will go back to that place where you were during the civil war or during the rise and fall of Egyptian, Greek,or Roman empires. That was a place where you didn't exist, and you didn't mind that you didn't exist. Science is showing that this illusion that is our "personality" is nothing more than a bunch of chemical reactions. Just think about this: Do you laugh at the same jokes you laughed at when you were 7? Are you entertained by the same toys that you were when you were 10? In other words, even this "personality" which you believe is set in stone has changed in the mere time of life you have lived. Without a personality, what is it that you expect to be reincarnated after you die? To mother nature, a human life is no more valuable than an insect's life; yet, as humans, we don't believe insects will reincarnate.

perhaps i am god inhabiting a host im interesested in

i cant imagine the pain a lot of people suffer

i've seen the videos if cartels cutting of faces and shit

maybe im spared from that by choice
maybe those are just the reactions of the body but there's no soul to feel the pain

i doubt it but i hope that's the case

Thinking about it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that all we are is a sum of memories. We have no such thing as intrinsequious values, we're just a heap of experiences, real or imaginary.

That has some other implications too. For what we know, the "you" that started reading this is already dead, and another "you" simply took its place in your mind. You'll never know exactly what you are because you'll stop being it at the moment you figure it out.

Don't know about you but that messes with me a good bit

All consciousness is one, and eternal. You never had to wait to exist, and you never will. Death is therefore an illusion.

Schopenhauer speaks of a story that was told to him by a scientist who witnessed a very grim scene at a beach. In this beach, some turtles come from the ocean to lay their eggs. However, some wild dogs have gotten clever and realized the time and place when these turtles come in from the ocean. These dogs flip the turtles over and eat the turtles alive. However, some big cats have realized what the dogs are doing and start hunting the dogs. When it is all said and done, the beach is a bloodbath of dead turtles and dogs. To this Schopenhauer asked, "What have the turtles done to deserve such a cruel fate?" The simplest answer is that the turtles haven't done anything and that they are slaughtered because the universe does not care about the turtles or dogs. In the same way, the universe does not care if you are kidnapped and slaughtered by drug cartels. The universe treats the life of a sea turtle and a human the same.

If I hadn't read about it, I would have never known that Elvis Presley was only filmed from the waste up during the 1950's or that the Beatles invaded the United States in 1964. I was unconscious of these events, even after I was born and would not be made aware of these events until some time later. Thus, I cannot accept that consciousness is eternal. As far as I am concerned my consciousness begins when I was born and will end when I die -- perhaps even earlier, i.e. Alzheimer and other dementia. Unless I've written down, what I have learned will not be passed down by an eternal conscious.

my grandpa died of dementia
we all kind of mourned him as i got worse during the years
he didnt recoginse me or my father only old photos from his youth

when he passed away i didnt knopw how to feel
i felt terrible during the tim he got worse
i wish id talked to him more and gotten to know him
the guilt was horrible but when he died i felt a kind of relief
i was still sad that he died but i was relived that my gulit was over so i didnt know how to feel

i dont want to die that way, losing everything you know, becoming nothing while still concious

im afraid i will have tthe same fate