I don't know if it's what they were going for...

I don't know if it's what they were going for, but this album is a very accurate musical representation of what depression feels like.

It is? Depression rocks pretty hard then.

>very accurate
A very accurate representation of depression in album format will never exist because people who actually have depression (not you) wouldn't be interested in making it due to their depression.

I think it's more about being consumed by loneliness, and the episodes of extreme anger, apathy, and depression that come with it.

Don Aman describes social anxiety better than any song I've heard

One of the members attempted suicide I think, can't remember which

You mean because of how much it sucks right?

David Pajo, who has done lots of tremendous (if not better) work outside of Slint.

that's paco, he tried to kill himself a couple of years ago because his cheating roastie slut of a wife who i hope is drawn and quartered for what she did to him.

fantastic inaccurate bullshit explanation. There's plenty of depressed people who can function enough to create music despite them being debilitated by their mental health

That's when they're feeling okay. The stuff you think sounds sad or suicidal is actually them at their happiest.

Making music, any music, is inherently a joyful and energetic act. When you're at the bottom of your cycle, you have no mental energy. Definitely not enough to engage in an activity like that.

its pretty dulll stuff desu

>who is Elliott Smith

can tell that you don't make music at all and are just depressed. This is just flat out wrong

That's exactly who I was referring to here . Read up on what happened between Figure 8 and From A Basement On A Hill. Nick Drake is a similar case.

If that's Smith at his happiest, how the hell can you listen to it and not think he's depressed?

i'm severely depressed
on a bunch of meds
only leave house from school
very little social interaction outside of family
frequent panic attacks

i will make some music in this state and i will release it so you can hear it
it'll probably take a long time to make because it's hard enough getting out of bed

in no way does this record describe or feel like my depression

Wrong.

I think this album is more about trying to be cool and innovative when this shit has been done time and time again by much more talented musician.

When you actually like that album (not just to make fun of it because it's a meme) it's an indicator that you are a clueless misguided faggot

I remember one time I was at a used record store, and this ugly SJW with a lisp was talking about how much the loved that album, using "like" every other two words, the store owner was getting aggravated and told them are you going to buy anything? or keep spewing bullshit

I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes

fucking Slint
cringe

I like you

are you gay?

is this pasta?

agree

please stop gatekeeping, you’re hurting people.

Just look at all of the musicians who commit suicide.

Agreed, at least from my experiences. Obviously everyone handles depression differently though as you can tell by all the replies.

I need songs about sickness. Any help?

Brian McMahan literally checked himself into a mental hospital immediately after Spiderland's release.

grief is not depression

Saving this for pasta lad.

Nah, and it doesnt have any wit to be a potential pasta.

Mmm, it was witty enough to make you butthurt sweetie.....

cry more

Yep, they diagnosed him as retarded, sad.

Nah, he was depressed through most of the album's recording after a brush with death following a car crash.

LOL, this is arguably correct but so incorrect at the same time.

Im afraid the human brain is just not consistant enough for this statement to be true

What did she do to him?

Cliffs Plz, his suicide note was wall of text

Does that explain why it's such a shit album?

Not hearing it. Maybe depression is an element, but on a grander scale it sounds to me like alienation, anxiety, drifting through the mundane, being jaded, and analytical thought.

good bait
but low quality pasta, only one word needs to be changed for it to be about any album ever

its socially anxious and borderline retarded pasta!

bait so bland I felt asleep
kys cunt

this is some primo, A-grade bait. well dons

musicians kill themselves because they are severely narcissistic

Pic related