If the globe is rotating at 1,000 mph, how come we dont see that in videos of earth recorded from space?

If the globe is rotating at 1,000 mph, how come we dont see that in videos of earth recorded from space?

watch a longer video

/thread

Space doesn't know what an hour is

Or a camera pointed at the sky and sped up a bit. Shit looks like hyperspace.

>1,000 mph
from a distance we should be able to literally see it spinning

I'm not sure if you were joking or not but that's possibly the best explanation of relativity I've heard so far.

>If the globe is rotating at 1,000 mph, how come we dont see that in videos of earth recorded from space?

Good thinking.

You understand that a full earth rotation is 24hrs right? 1000mph or not.

>camera pointed at the sky and sped up a bit
clouds moving bc of wind?

Or a mile, and I wasn't joking

because space is vaccum and sucks in all speed

No I mean a clear night sky. All the stars go from east to west just like the sun, speed it up a bit and they turn into streaks of light. Go on youtube and search for "sped up nightscape" or something it looks really cool.

Because that's only 16 miles a minute, which is kinda hard to see the difference of. Doesn't help that any objects on the earth ALSO follow the earth's rotational velocity, including anything we launch.

so if u are in a hot air balloon floating stationary over one point, u should be able to see the earth below you moving 1,000 miles in one hour
>inb4 momentum

>in a stationary hot hair balloon
>stationary
>the entire solar system is gone before you can blink
>explode into the vacuum of space

Here you go:
http s://www. youtube.com/watch?v=wgdbZhnFD5g

Considering the Earth's size 1000mph is too slow to notice

If you drive on a highway going east/west you’re actually doing 1000mph + your speed

The mass of the earth, and also gravity.

since when hot air balloons can go up into space?

The "zero gravity" in space isn't due to a lack of gravity so much as it is due to the space shuttle or whatever else is taking the picture being in free fall around earth. The shuttle is moving at considerable speed, at hundreds of kilometers per hour. The apparent lack of motion is due to the surprisingly small difference in velocities between the two bodies.

This is also what causes such difficulties in re-entry - the significant speed of the craft is horizontal, rather than vertical. When you think about it, this makes complete sense: if the shuttle was in zero gravity, there would relatively little resistance to the earth's atmosphere if it was just starting to fall down, and the thickness of the atmosphere at lower levels would reduce the craft's speed. Rather than vertical speed, the craft instead has a large amount of horizontal velocity that needs to be reduced.

A follow up: orbital speed for a space shuttle is generally in the neighborhood of 800 kilometers an hour. This is also why objects fall into the atmosphere when they slow down.

most of the time the satellites that record it orbit at the same speed around the earth, thus giving the idea that the planet doesn't move.

Since it cant keep up with earths atmosphere, being stationary

That video is all Photoshop and CGI, I see no real proof here

>momentum

You're thinking of inertia. A balloon that's stationary(relative to the earths surface) is moving just as fast as the earth is. We don't feel that movement for the same reason we don't feel ourselves moving in a car, or on a plane, or on the surface of a spinning body like Earth. We sense acceleration and deceleration, not constant rates of movement or "speed" on it's own.

LOL,

What counts as proof then?
Any video I bring up can be called 'Photoshop and CGI'

Keep in mind OP asked for videos

What would count as proof is just a regular video with no CGI and "inspirational" music in the background. Just a standard time lapse video without the dramatics

yea i ment interia.
If you could stay in one spot within the atmosphere, we should b able to see the earth moving below us?

>inb4 retard
yes, i know

How do I identify CGI?

>how do you identify cgi
if the video shows something he either disagrees with or doesn't understand, it's clearly cgi.