Looking for opinions. If I went to the media with a story about how a lot dentists don't really care for peoples teeth...

Looking for opinions. If I went to the media with a story about how a lot dentists don't really care for peoples teeth, but how to gain the most profit from them. Do you think it would gain any traction? It's not like I can prove it black on white. Or no, I guess audio recordings ect ect, but that's, I don't know.. It would feel like "pointing the finger" at a few individuals, when it's so much bigger than that.

I've been a practitioning dentist for ~6 years for a private firm. And time and time again I've been told by colleagues to recommend unnecessary procedures to patients. At first, I simply thought it was a difference of opinions, and went with my older and more experienced colleagues said. It's become more and more obvious lately that it's not about what's best for you, but what's best for our pockets.

The most recent thing, and what makes me sick of this is a young teenage girl who came in with severe acid erosion and decay on pretty much all of her teeth from doing some apple cider vinegar diet. It's not gonna be cheap for her/family to fix, but I know I can save all of her teeth. However I'm being told that extractions and dentures is the way to go forward, alternatively implants. I've questioned their recommendations before and been dismissed without any real reason. One guy even told me "We gotta make a living too, legit rubbed his fingers and laughed...

Losing all your teeth makes a bigger impact on persons life than I think most people realize, and I'm not gonna do that to a young girl with her whole life ahead of her when I don't need too.

Don't wanna lose my job, but I sure as hell ain't gonna ruin peoples lives either... Wanna make this common knowledge, but who will care, or take it seriously? Just stuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

gcaustralasia.com/Products/93/Prevention/GC-Tooth-Mousse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tl;dr.
But that first paragraph, no they wouldn't, it goes against their big pharma narrative.

I am however glad to see there's one honest dentist around.
They're hard to find. I had to search for one all over, as a child my grandma was a hypochondriac and I had many unnecessary procedures done by doctors.
Very painful procedures.

Most doctors do this because people are fucking stupid, that's why they don't clean their own fucking mouth.

Of course dentists are scum, they're all salty they couldn't do proper med school and they engage in malpractice to pretend they're real doctors based on salary

That's the basically the thing. Even if I were to record people, show x-rays that contradict written decisions ect ect ect. It's me (and a few other people in trouble), against a massive billion dollar industry. Not worth more than this post on Sup Forums.

Practitioning? Sure thing, asshat, we believe you're a dentist.

There are far more than me, but people unfortunately usually go with what the first one the visit say.

Negative ass karma from lying , making matters even worse, profiting from all of that. Yeah, tell your colleagues to prepare themselves to pay back all that karma, it's gonna be painfull

I will say this though, what I have seen as a first responder has jaded me. A lot of doctors have to do unnecessary procedures to protect themselves legally.
Say you save her teeth. All except 3. Those teeth become abcessed and she has to have surgery and get it irrigated whatever. You save all her fucking teeth but 3 and her family sues you for malpractice, from something that stemmed from her own fuckstupid decision that anyone who pays attention to fucking anything ever should know not to do and you lose, your insurance premiums go up, you have to let your assistant go, you can't buy new equipment for a while all because of one retarded girl and her self serving family who thinks you are rich.

So yeah, doctors get jaded, they hate people.
Ever watched a mechanic work on a car? kicking the fuck out of it because it was designed to break and intentionally difficult to fix?

You're a dentist, how many people don't actually know that brushing your teeth is more than doing the brushing motion, and it's actually just cleaning your fucking mouth and you should spit and rinse profusely during the entire duration?
None of them, maybe one guy who's 80 and still has his teeth.
People are stupid, milk their insurance unless they take care of themselves.
I could get in a lot of trouble but I'm an emt and really don't waste too many supplies on people who got farmed trying to rape someone's wife.

I understand that logic, and what you're saying, but it doesn't make it right! No matter how you spin it, you're looking out for your own best interest. That's not why choose to the professions we did.

You're a good person, I don't know what to say but do what is right, and good luck. My teeth are wrecked and my life is ruined, don't let it happen to others.

Maybe if you came out anonymously then there won't be much impact on your career. Have you read "White Coat, Black Hat." It echoes the same things you've been experiencing except only in medicine.

If I were to do what was right, I'd be jobless and and have nothing. And nothing would change from it either, so pointless all-in-all. Appreciate it tho user!

You're a good person user. Open your own office when you can. You'll have a lot of patients if you are a tender Shepard.
also advertise tho.

And for the record, if you get capped in a gang shooting we aint gonna try that hard to save you if it's not easy, people's grammy's are having heart attacks and shit.
So no Dentist mafia.

You'd have to factor in a lot of circumstances. Depression, idiotic ideas like "lemon and baking soda = white teeth", bulimia ,ect ect. It's not pure laziness all of the times.

I completely agree. Have really bad teeth from not taking dental hygiene seriously as a kid. I don't have the thousands of dollars to shell out for these "better" procedures so I just want the teeth pulled and every time the dentist strong arms me pay thousands more just to save a single tooth. I feel like I have to argue with them every time just to convince them that I'm sure I want the tooth pulled. I guarantee you a lot of people feel the same way so yes, do your story.

Fuck the tooth jew

This, OP. Start up your own place, then when you expose the other dentist you can use the media attention to promote your new place. Throw them under the bus and steal their customers.

Hey now, i brush with baking soda.
You're just not supposed to use it like a fucking scouring powder. You'll be fine.
And holy shit people are dumb. any kind of strong acid on the teeth is no.
But I do want to know, with no factor of stupid ideas, how many people actually clean their mouths correctly?
Stink breath bothers me and I can't be around fucking mouth breathers who can't be bothered to fucking clean their mouths walking around like apes with breath to kill a fucking water buffalo at 100 yards.
I apologize for my intoxication.

If you're in pain, and it's deep, you should get it/them pulled. However if they can save a few, it's worth it! They can anchor dentures to the healthy teeth, and it'll make a worlds difference.

Definitely go with it OP! Find other like-minded people, help each other expose this bullshit

I'd say around 10% clean their teeth properly. They either brush too hard, floss too hard. The other side do not brush thoroughly, and the molars get attacked. Extreme cases are pretty rare, yes.

brushing with baking soda. intoxicated.

and then making fun about all the "dumb" people.
reflect on yourself for a second.

Rinse with peroxide every other day and rinse your mouth out after eating, germs eat what you eat.
You can cure mild cavities with baking soda and irrigating with peroxide often. teeth heal, contrary to what the ADA tells you.
But mild cavities though. If it's dark black you might have to get the drill.

and i'm medic user, not dentist user so take this with a grain of salt. but I have done it.

m8 there are brands of toothpaste with baking soda in.

But restoring all of her teeth would make you shitloads more money than extracting and making dentures. Something not adding up here.

go away fag. I don't take the fluoridated jew.

Baking soda was used to clean teeth for a fucking millennia before toothpaste was a thing in the past 40 years.
But you don't read so you wouldn't know that, nor would you know how to actually clean your teeth with baking soda without causing damage.

I haven't had a cavity in 10 years.

>how a lot dentists don't really care for peoples teeth, but how to gain the most profit from them.
No shit, you don't say?

>10%
Just fuck my shit up dental user.
I don't know why this bothers me so much.

>can't into greentext

Some people take good care of their teeth and still get bad breath and shit. I have asthma and the meds fucks with my mouth something wicked. Gives me a dry mouth and bad breath. I figured out how to stop it with regular salt rinses but still gets annoying sometimes

Lucky i still have nice teeth as opposed to my crack addict brother, hes fucked kek

True as well! Disagree with the healing part, unless it's a very light enamel damage, mild cavities, I guess.

If you went out on your own and started your own practice you could use the fact that everyone else is a rippoff merchant to increase your own reputation.
I run a tree service and encourage my clients to get a second opinion and then tell them " see ya soon"
I dont lose quotes

>very light enamel damage
Well yeah, it's not going to regenerate a chip or anything but yeah.

Not even close. Filling and repairs will be pricey, yes, but not as pricey as pulling them. Considering her age, she'd go implants as well, so it's $10.000 difference we're talking.

Dude. You're a good man. Don't change anything about yourself. I don't have advice beyond that, but it's just good to know that there are people in the world who still care about other people.

Do it. My dentist didnt want To operate me To get my wisdom teeth removed. I thought he knows best. Week later i was at The mouth hygienist who immidiatly Made An appointment To Get Them Removed. The same for my teeth erosion. Got An appointment at another Dentist who right away made sure i got An appointment for a procedure To get it fixed.

They're called wisdom teeth because only the wise get to keep them.

This

>get it fixed.
That's the thing. Too often it's "gotta pull it", when it can be fixed. Good on you, user! Always change them up. And when you find the one who want's to do the least, he's usually the most honest one. Never heard of a dentist who would do less than necessary.

Fuckwad young punk dentist thinks he knows more than his elder peers.....imagine that! It takes a huge ego to make it through 4 years of college, then 4 years of dental school. You need to check yours.
Yeah.....go head a rct/crown every tooth for $60,000, are you going to address her diet and habits? Or are you going to convince her to save every tooth and when she runs out of money on the 3rd restoration are you prepared to do the rest of your heroic work for free? Let's say she can afford it, but old habits creep up again and year after year her crowns rot out and you are the one extracting that fine work you did 3 years ago......you're the champ ain't you!
Who the fuck are you to not offer all the options? If I have someone who rotted her teeth out, an all-on-four would certainly be an option.......but most likely you don't know how to restore that so it's not an option for her.
But what the fuck do I know......I have only been doing this for 19 years!
Continue your education asshole and start treating your patients better

i had a dentist recommend four crowns on good teeth to change my bite to prevent grinding and that i'd eventually need crowns on my front teeth from wear

since that sounded fucking retarded i got a second opinion and that dentist repaired the grinding damage with bonding material and said i was fine with a $30 nite guard

i found my old dentist has a reputation around town for doing sub-par root canals and one he said i needed right away failed and i lost the tooth

looking back, i'm not sure i even needed the procedure in the first place

You sound like someone I wouldn't recommend anyone to go.

>are you prepared to do the rest of your heroic work for free? Let's say she can afford it
I actually would. I make enough. Then again the issue becomes, "why don't you fix everyone for free", and I couldn't. I'm biased in this case tho, yes.

>Who the fuck are you to not offer all the options?

She's well aware of the options. Only my option isn't considered for some reason.

19 years in this and you sound like... I don't even know. Why did you even become a dentist? Do you even really care?

Suggest gold fillings and never worry. ezpz.

how many people do you want labor & time from for free?
what techniques offer the best dental care?
what techniques ,tools,and approaches to dentistry prevail no matter the country?
allopathy who are the beneficiaries of allopathy?
pharma, trial attorneys,law firms that take a piece of allopath pie and a slice or 2 to those affected or not by allopathic remedies.
drug companies advertise on public transit a new one each week,intended to reach the primary customers the poor indigent hourly workers who board buses at 5 am & again at 430,
an investigational medicine,,,,,,finish it.
pharma rules medical schools universities,and its monopoly is protected by government so they can get pensions & bennies the liberal pols have been awarding them for 50 years,
there are a lot of dentists who never use mercury amalgams,never do root canals,are against flouride in water & toothpaste,they cost,,altdentistry can be provided could have been provided 40 years ago,shitty shabby 3d world healthcare is a conseuquence
of 35-40,000,000 government workers teachers unions in the UK & US

Guys, I'm well aware I'm way out of my league here. Going to media/news, whatever will lead to fuck all. I'm happy to see that a lot of you are aware of the foul play tho. Not sure whatever other questions I could aid to. Thanks for all the positive and questioning feedback tho.

I would need your recommendation, I get enough from my patients. Hopefully your boss gets wise and understands that you have burn out and your a drag on their practice. Wish you the best. I understand your mental anguish, but you have some growing up to do

No worries, I don't think I'll stay in this business for much longer. It's more than mental anguish tho. Its about having a fucking heart! I understand that nothing comes free, but to cheat people out of money, and unnecessary suffering is just low in my opinion. At the end of the day, cash rules, yeah. Have a good one.

A real dentist who can't even spell "etc." properly? I don't think so.

dentistry is extremely corrupt, nothing new here and not much you can do about it :/

Liar! it's just like the tail off a cat. It grows back if you cut it off

Give me the knowledge user. Sure i can google it but I want to hear it from someone gruff.

Peak response would be local evening news piece

this

you're better off spreading and reposting on here, Sup Forums, and reddit so it can gain traction

fuck mainstream media, they're too pre-occupied with posting the same story about how trump dropped 2 scoops of ice cream in a koi fish pond or some other inane bullshit.

Start, or join a labour union so you can protest against the industry.

While you're here and you seem to actually care about peoples teeth, mind giving me some advice?

So my gums have been receding slightly and food tends to get stuck in the pockets. Because of that, I floss and brush lightly twice a day.
When I went in for a check up, my dentist said I would need a deep cleaning and insinuated that I didn't floss when I have been.
They also didn't find a popcorn kernel shell that had been stuck in my gum and making my gum bleed. Since then, I have zero trust in my dentist and refused to let them pull my last few wisdom teeth out.

Regarding my gums, do I need the deep cleaning? Food only gets stuck in the top row and its not like its a lot of food.My teeth aren't loose either. Just some of the root is exposed, but only hurts when i put direct pressure on it.

It's funny you say that.. in Australia being a dentist is something you do ON TOP of being a doctor..

>Britfag here with perfect teeth - Yorkshire has so much Viking nearly every fucked does. Southern mess breeds have fucked up tussy pegs

My dentist is really good, and advises against surgery unless it's absolutely neccessary. Fucking rape me with the dental hygienist and teeth polishing they "strongly advise" though.

Yeah you do need to have a deep clean, it helps to stop the onset of gum disease. Just keep flossing, stop smoking or make an effort to drink more fluids.

Better start saving up, that shit isn't cheap.
Never smoked, so I'll just keep flossing and I don't drink anything other than water anyway.

Experiencing gum recession, tooth decay and cavities I brush at least twice a day, up to three times a day and wonder whether or not I'm actually damaging my teeth in comparison to people who smoke and drink

A former coworker who used numerous drugs and was prone to making all sorts of bad decisions has pearly whites and ironically no criminal record, ironically despite making honest efforts to avoid jail and make good decisions I'm the one who has been to jail

Want my advice OP, smoke, drink and eat as much candy as you can, tell your dentist to fuck off and don't brush your teeth. The whole thing is a conspiracy

Who knows though perhaps by making all those bad decisions you'll attain healthy teeth

If this case is actually severe enough to consider a full clearance or something close to it I think it would be very unlikely you would be able to save all her teeth. Nevertheless if you did perform a treatment plan against your better judgement is it on your shoulders since the patient under your care.

Ignoring the guarded longevity of restorations in a high caries risk adolescent (I have no idea if she is 13 or 18). I think the pit fall is going to be the occlusion/function if she has been drinking lots of acids the front teeth would be heavily worn (and decayed?) you won't be able to recreate anterior and canine guidance without the restorations shearing off or chipping regularly.
Maybe placing a few crowns on key teeth would be the more conservative option but then we go to the issue of cost and being a ((merchant)) as opposed to a dentist.

If you're not comfortable with extractions AND dentures I'd ask you to consider if the option of quick caries control followed by a temporary overdenture (or suck down retainer) would be worthwhile. This would give time to work with her OH (shouldn't be to hard since she seems to be health conscious- going on a diet and actually visiting a dentist to improve her health) but also retrains the jaw to open the occlusion so your restorations won't end up wafer then.

What do her third molars look like? If they look like they will be impacted (17-19?) you might as well extract a heavily restored tooth and let her have a sound tooth instead. Case selection is key .

If you do have ethical qualms about your employers I would probably stop earning them money and find a more honest or humble dentist- increasing competition and Americanisation of healthcare makes the unscrupulous business the increasingly successful one. Public health is a mixed bag but something I was always proud of. If you are American- I once read an article about the Concierge GP, try find a place that has a similar long term personalised care approach.

In Australia that is only for a certain speciality. Lots of the better schools are postgrad but there is no requirement to do a med degree.

The problem is that the bacteria that does the most damage to the gum can't be flossed off since it has taken up minerals from the saliva so it is like a chalky material stuck to the tooth (called calculus and tartar). The gums should NOT hurt when you apply pressure to them (fingernails are always uncomfortable though)- this would indicate that there is a small amount of inflammation/swelling (small to you but this would be considered significant for a small tooth).

"Deep cleaning" is a lot easier and cheaper when it is not so bad. If the tooth is loose or the bacteria spreads deeper and deeper cleaning the roots of the teeth become very hard. This is a problem for you because it would then require a specialist to clean it $$$ and it might need to be done surgically $$$$$.

Not OP btw but I have a day off and if one condems himself to a life of discussing oral health might as well enjoy it.

I've always wondered this since I've had a lot of minor work done. It was all definitely needed, but I did spend a lot of time in their chairs wondering how easy it would be to lie to me and get away with it. My current dentist is practically a Saint, but he's getting closer to retirement age every day. As long as his replacement is as good at numbing me as he was, I might not even question what they say.

My gums don't hurt unless a fingernail isn't trimmed and is applied to it; its more like the gum covering the roots has receded and the exposed nerves hurt when the come into contact with anything.
I used to brush incredibly hard and I have lightened my brushing since then and the nerve sensitivity seems to have greatly reduced since I stopped assaulting them with a brush. I know I clench my teeth in my sleep and that can cause gum recession. But I haven't gotten around to getting a mouth guard.

My teeth aren't loose nor do they feel lose. Although the chalky material is there.
My current dentist said im at "Stage 3" or something like that and offered around $500 to deep clean my whole mouth. Is that the standard or should I look for a better rate?

Google Amleiogensis Imperfecta and see if that is what your teeth look like.

Your coworkers teeth may have problem just not ones noticable at a glance.

I have found that people to drink a moderate amount sometimes look like they have nicer teeth just because the beer dissolves the bacteria so it looks clean. the problem is that it also dissolves a bit of the tooth *makes it look shiny* but in the long run will lead to worn out teeth (sort of like what OPs teenage girl pts has not as aggressive).

>My gums don't hurt unless a fingernail isn't trimmed and is applied to it; its more like the gum covering the roots has receded and the exposed nerves hurt when the come into contact with anything.

This is an optimistic sign. What it looks like you have is "Dentinal Hypersensitivty" the symptoms is that cold stuff is colder.
This can be exacerbated by brushing to hard with a brush that has hard bristles (the roots of the teeth are a lot softer than the white enamel of a tooth).

Clenching doesn't cause gums to shrink.

I don't know what "Stage 3" means I'm used to the diagnosis of "Early" "Moderate" and "Advanced" Periodontitis.

If you have Advanced Perio and being treated by someone who can get reliable results (a specialist) 500 Dollarydoos and appointment is about right. Easier scalings and root debridements (deep cleaning) can cost around 100 Dollarydoos for someone who isn't in bad shape but needs regular treatment to keep them from deteirorating.

The big thing with gum disease is that unlike a filling which can be placed in a single appointment and doesn't need to be addressed in the forseeable future (trivia: the average filling lasts about 5 years- the reason for this is due to the nature of placing an artificial material onto a vital tissue), the gums will need to be cleaned (maybe for $500) regularly since the chalky stuff will keep growing back; hopefully not as deeply and not as much since the aim is for the gums to attach themselves to the tooth better so you'll be able to keep the area clean for longer.

Scares me. I had a bridge put in once. A dentist was filling a cavity and cracked the tooth, so that one got yanked out, most painful experience of my life. The bridge process was long, it was always loose because the temporary glue was shit, I had nightmares for years and contemplated suicide. I still hate dentists to this day. I had so many "cavities" as a kid. One time they told me I had 7. Seven! I think my moron parents got duped and I paid the price. Now I find out fillings fall out after 10 years and need replacement, so now I'm in for a lifetime of cost.

I want to be a serial killer targeting dentists. Whores, whores are nice, they give sex, they don't hurt anyone. Jack the ripper was a faggot. Dentists, now, those are shitbags on the level of lawyers. Dentists deserve to be tortured to death.

Thanks dumbass parents. They didn't even sue the dentist for malpractice. Who the fuck cracks a tooth on a routine filling? Piece of shit got mad at my dad and did it on purpose. My dad may be an asshole but what did I do to you? Nothing. I was a kid. A kid!

Now say something happens to one of these teeth holding the bridge. And it has to be yanked. I would have THREE missing teeth in a row because one dentist wanted to be a malicious kike.

So dentalanon, you can help me hate dentists slightly less. For one, I want to make my own toothpaste, is that calcium powder recipe legit and can heal teeth and regrow enamel?
Second, I get this weird banding of brown on my front teeth, where there are also streaks of bleach white. I'm told this is because my dumbass parents didn't give me a medication correctly as a kid. It was something that apparently causes permanent chemical damage to teeth. Thanks dad, you shitbag. So I couldn't get a dentist to take me in because no insurance, and I got pissed at the brown stain streaks and scratched gently at them with metal tweezers by the edge. And it came off and looks fine now, pearly white. Did I damage my tooth doing this, and is it fine to do in the future? I'm finding out now that the "clean and polish" dentists do takes off a layer of enamel and is bad,so I reckon what I did can't be worse than that, since I did a super gentle "spot treatment". The brown stains come back about 3-5 months after a polish. Is it fine to continue using the tweezers to (gently) scrape it off?

Seriously, when I was told I needed that bridge I contemplated throwing myself in front of a truck. So help me out.

also what I'm concerned about isn't the calcified bacteria you can see but the ones below the gums right next to the ligament which attaches the tooth to the bone. (when there isn't enough of this to support the tooth it becomes loose, assuming you are younger than 30 any looseness if actually very bad where as a little bit of wobble for a 70 or 80 year old isn't so dire). This is because we have to consider how quickly the gum are receding because a very small amount of it happens over time (sort of like a receding hairline or why the phrase "growing long in the tooth" refers to someone growing old)

i brush but with out using toothpaste.
havent gone to the dentist in 10 year accept for 6 years ago when i broke a mauler on corn flakes.

i have some sensitive spots and should get a good cleaning.

you dont need dentists.
the spot that bothers me the most is one mauler. dentist (owner) added some filling as i had a abrasion on the underside, it didnt fit it was to high.
so he took some of my top glaze "it has thicker glaze on it there" he instructed to the girl following him around.
he took away the glaze of the top and increased the height of the underside causing grinding of the top increasing decay

then there is the warranty until you leave the chair thing, meanwhile insurances pay for this all

Advanced periodontitis is exactly what it was they said I had.
They said that it normally costs more, but will charge me less because I need the dental care as soon as possible. Sounded a little suspicious to me.

To make sure we're on the same page, can you post a pic of the chalky build up?

Like I said, none of my teeth are loose. The don't wiggle in any capacity.
How would I be able to tell if calcified bacteria is forming under my tooth? My dentist sure as hell didn't say anything about it

Good luck I'm behind 100 drop bears. But on the brightside situations like yours are becoming a lot less common in my experience because of a change in doctrine where the patient is encouraged to take a more active role in understanding what is going on. The mass production of intraoral cameras makes this easy since I don't need to tell a child he or she has tooth decay I just let them hold a toothbrush shaped camera and let them take a look for themselves.
If the tooth cracked the filling wasn't routine but the risk of it cracking would have been explained to your parents. 7 cavities for a child in public health wasn't exactly rare for patients from more remote and rougher areas but is rare in the more metropolitan areas.

Almost all professionals (more so in the US) do this. It's because they can and, as you said, they "have to make a living too." I'm in a profession as well and those student loans need to be repaid somehow. Also, many people doing professional work spent many years going to school and working their asses off to get into that position. If I went through my whole life working to get to some place, you bet your ass I'm going to take advantage of every single thing I can to cash out on it.

I saw go for it. At least try. And fuck your superiors, go with your gut every time.

I believe it. Went to the dentist with tooth pain, felt like a cavity, reacted to sugar like a cavity, they couldn't find a cavity. Instead they made me get my wisdom teeth removed, obviously didn't fix my problem and I developed TMJ and cavities on the other side of my mouth because I stopped eating on the original side due to pain.

People don't already know dentists try to shill products to them? My dentist keeps telling me to buy a water pik and use some oral b electric tooth brushes. Like cmon try not to be so damn obvious

On a side note, I would think twice before going to the media about this in the current political climate if you're in the US. The media is really getting slammed hard right now by Trump and Trump supporters. I've honestly considered seeing if maybe I can get a few of them to bandwagon removing some red tape for my profession since I don't like dealing with all this ethical bullshit. If you start this whole "dentists are bad because of this," you might very well end up helping them make it worse by allowing them to say "the media is bullshitting again" and "we have a right to make profits" etc.

Man anyone that knows a little bit about teeth or is willing to google abiy realizes that most dentists are literal cancer jews trying to rip you off.

I'm very glad you are taking your stand and have a righteous moral to love by.Tell that teenager parents what they have to do don't make that poor little girl go through implants I beg you I have seen what it looks like and what has to be done to get implants and shit is scary as fuck please man.

>100 drop bears
But when you use mouthwash upside down it comes out your nose? How are there dentists in emuland.
I'm just still skeptical of 7 cavities in one visit. I had so many fucking fillings done as a kid it was ridiculous. I wish my parents gave half a shit to ask questions.

>Almost all professionals (more so in the US) do thi
Accountingfag. We have legal obligations to act morally and within the law. Unlike you fucking savages. Even financefags have tons of red tape and legal obligations now. We need a dental version of 2008 to get you assfags in line I guess.
Let's tie a medical professional's pay to the number of procedures they perform, yeah great thinking there. I say flat salary the lot of 'em. Watch 50% drop in procedures needed, what a miracle huh? Stop making excuses for being a kikey thief and mutilating children for your own profit.

no

They will just rush true things even more.
i had a dentist who ran a office, he did a check up in less then 10 secs

In toothpastes the only active ingredient is the Fluoride (makes the teeth more acid and decay resistant but mostly turn men into soy boys ).

There is a new toothpaste out.
gcaustralasia.com/Products/93/Prevention/GC-Tooth-Mousse
Costs about 10x the price of regular toothpaste try rip off what they are doing here.

They way this and other toothpaste work is basically because a tooth is a crystal. The tooth dissolving is a equilibrium reaction which can be reversed (yes you can heal back the early signs of tooth decay which is the crystal becoming more porous but when it becomes a cavity it is already to late).

The brown bands can be due to multiple things. the most common I see are from people who as children (while the teeth were still growing) taking either too many Fluoride tablets or taking Tetracyclines- this is very common is remote areas and people from developing countries. If you were taking Tetracyline antibiotics I wouldn't hold it against your dad - it may have prevented your death since they are not prescribed lightly. If you were taking flouride tablets on the brightside a tooth that has been affected by flurosis mght not lookas nice but is stronger than a non fluoridated tooth. It can be microabraded off... ??but it seems like you've done that yourself?? The brown staining that is comming back is probably due to pigments from tea, coffee other foods getting caught in the tiny surface imperfections caused by the tweezers. This accumulation of pigments can be slowed by brushing and taking a very close look in the mirror for early signs of staining and brushing those bits a little bit extra.

I think brushing a tooth takes of like 30 microns of enamel or something (it has been a long time since I read that paper) but compared to not brushing the tooth decay would be removing a lot more natural tooth. Compare the tooth volume lost for a filling vs regular brushing.
(cont.)

My dentist said I grind my teeth at night so I needed a mouth guard. I bought one and now I don't remember if I close my teeth or have them open normally when I slept. Feels weird

Slightly off-topic but how do i get rid of discolorations from drinking coffee and tea? I do their cleaning procedure every 6-12 month and it doesn't do shit. I brush with a special toothpaste once a week, no result. I drink my coffee black, does drinking coffee with milk make a difference? I'm pretty fucked because when i talk all my teeth show and it looks awful.

My doctor said my teeth top and bottom teeth shouldn't ever be touching. Is that really true? Having them touch should be okay, I just shouldn't be clenching right?

>Had a root canal done about a year ago
>Area of the molar got infected so had to take medicine before the root canal
>Dentist numbs my gums and waits till its numb
>Starts drilling then eventually hurts like a bitch
>Numbs again but still feel it
>Try again still not fucking working
>They ask if I'd like to have it done by some other doctor who would put me under
>Fuck it let's continue, I can bare it like my dad did in the old days
>Finally goes in to deaden the nerve. >Takes multiple times before I couldn't feel anything
>Finally builds up to put on a porcelain crown
>After that they said I'd have to get all other teeth with fillings
>Costs $1300
>Fuck that I'll get another opinion since you fuckers did a "great job" with that painful root canal
>Still every now and then I feel a twitch pain in that tooth from time to time
>they also tried to get me buy their dental credit card which was pretty much bs and not worth it

I have a strong indication they're fucked up. How come they just noticed I need fillings on all teeth after inspecting already?

I like to be nice to my patients since I figured a healthy patient who comes regularly for preventive care is easier than seeing emergency patient. (I've also become out of practice at suturing and cutting drains).

Though I had the grades to not need to pay much so I'm not under pressure to pay off the compounding interest of a large loan so I can be more relaxed than you.

tbh for a case I'm familiar with I can make the dx when taking the history or for a pt coming in for a regular check up give em the thumbs up in about 10 secs. So the dentist wasn't necessarily rushing. But I feel a bit bad if my patient has driven over an hour (and past maybe 100 other dentists) to see me so I pad out the time with conversation or cleaning the teeth.

Dentists here are like dentists in the US (probably becoming even more so due to insurance companies opening up their own practices creating conflicts on interests -sort of stuff I saw in a documentary called "Sicko" by an American name Michael Moore. Like any profession (cop, laywer, politician, construction, clergy) you can never have a profession that is clean of people who do bad things. I've probably done many things that have crossed the line in my career but I rationalise that by telling myself that they were things that benefited myself and my patient at the cost of a (in my opinion) crooked insurance company.

I got a buddy who is a dentist.

Many dentists are good people but there is PLENTY of fraud out there. Which is what you are describing.

Quit the practice and call the news. Do an undercover interview where you explain all this.

Be a hero man. I'm totally serious.

Pretty much this.

Wondering this aswell because one of my front teeth touch, the upper and lower right lateral.

A person should have their teeth slightly apart at all times (unless eating). The problem with night grinding (nocturnal bruxism) is that you're not doing that when you are asleep. Wearing a mothguard (I personally prefer hard splints made of an acrylic like material) will prevent you from wearing your teeth down as reduce wear on your jaw joint (give it a few decades you'll notice). If your grinding your teeth at night your teeth will be closed since you are grinding, you don't know this because you are asleep. This was probably diagnosed because your teeth are abnormally worn down for your age.

see above
it places unnecessary wear on the joints and teeth.
Also when I said joint pretend I also mentioned chewing muscles. feel around your jaw a few cm from your ear and then clench and relax your teeth, you can feel the jaw closing muscles tense up. In severe cases this can result in what feels like headaches- I instantly refers these since the topic of this post is very complicated and it is so hard to do research on it that there are better thing to do with grant money

An infection will reduce the effectiveness of anaesthetic (which sucks because that is why you need to be numbed up). There are way around it but it may risk permanent nerve dmg (probably not as bad as the guidelines suggest but when you weight up the risks of injecting more vs injecting against the nerve I can understand why other dentists opt for it).

When I see a pt in pain I;ll look around to make sure nothing else major is going on (other infections, pathology, trauma) but I won't bother looking for little thing like tooth decay, tiny chips or fillings that need replacement (often due to the tooth having tooth decay again).

Mostly because I want to concentrate on reliving the pain and also if I need to show th pt that they need other work it is probably easier to disccus what we can see while the pt isn't in agony. I'll say "You need other stuff done but I I think we should focus on your infected molar first."

Just feels weird since I've been keeping my teeth together closed(not clenching or grinding though) since I was little.

>your a drag
I would pay you to stay OUT of my mouth.

>practitioning