Why is dadrock so good?

Why is dadrock so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tj09Xr-6qyQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because we only remember the good stuff.

this is the only actually good dadrock

>Implying 1973-1987 Bruce isn't GOAT

Bruce is overrated as hell but this album is good

>tfw your dad would play Born in the USA on road trips and the whole album would play over like 4-6 times but you still loved it and you memorized every note and lyric of each track.

Off about dadrock in general but born to run just is a masterpiece desu

you mean 1973, then he faltered a bit from 1975-1984 then after that he made bland music

the most incorrect post on Sup Forums right now

dude his best album is the wild and the innocent. the first time I heard that I was shocked. His first album is awesome too, but the second takes the cake.
>Born to Run is great but Night/backstreets is filler
>Darkness is to bare to rock the way he wanted it to.
>The River would have been better if he didn't just has either rockers or ballads.
>Nebraska I personally don't care for, outside of the title track
>Born in the USA is a great pop album, super fun and his last great album.
>Tunnel is boring as fuck
>Human Touch and Lucky Town are boring
>Ghost of Tom Joad I think i need more time with
>everything after tumbs down.

it's overwritten and messy but it has its moments. I like it fine but I'd rather listen to Bruce do Bruce than Van Morrison. BTR is the magnum opus, with river and BITU hard seconds

>doesn't like nebraska or tunnel of love
listen again

>backstreets is filler
What the FUCK are you doing nigger? Backstreets is one of the five or six best songs the man has ever written.

>Why is semen so delicious?

The stories on there are great but the music is boring to me. Maybe it'll change in time, but I get what your saying. Also I think the production hurts Tunnel the most for me, it just kind a drags for me.

But I respect you thinking those two are his best, they are solid choices.

Also I typed it up and thought it was too messy so I was hoping the green text would break it up and make my points less nonsensical

I agree about E Street Shuffle, that album is insanely good. On par with Born to Run as his best.

I've heard that song a dozen or so times and can't remember anything from it. Seriously I don't retain anything from that song.

I just relistened to it, like after seeing your comment, and i think it doesn't do anything that Jungleland, doesn't do better. Though it is nice to hear that organ that I loved on Kitty's Back. And it kind of foreshadows Darkness a bit, in my opinion.

and as a side note, I prefer the live version from 1974 of She's the One

Backstreets hits harder on a more personal and intimate level imo. Lyrically, it's also much more focused and a better example of Bruce's style.

The lack of criticism over Born in the USA makes me skeptical about your other reviews.

>Nebraska I personally don't care for, outside of the title track
Opinion disregarded.

I disagree, I don't really feel that song the way I do Jungleland but to each their own.

I mean it's a solid pop album. It isn't the greatest album of all time, but it's a pop record. I figured pop album would be clear enough to convey what I was saying. It isn't bad. Like outside of a more I depth track by track review I can't really say more.

I think the lyrics are good, the music just flows together for me. I need variety to an extent. It can still be stylistically similar but the first few times I heard this the only songs that stuck out were Nebraska and Johnny 99 and Open All Night. Also I'm of the belief you can literally write the greatest song lyrics ever, but if the music is lacking at all, it hurts the song overall. Like your making music, if your more focused on the words write a book. If your making music you should also focus on the music. But again I get why it's the way it is, I just don't jive with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tj09Xr-6qyQ
Classic rock is the shit. Doesn't matter what the numales say. Their opinions don't matter. If this doesn't make you feel good you have some serious problems.

I’ll give you Nights but the notion that’s Backstreets is filler is absolutely obscene

Fly down a highway with the windows down and the song blaring and you’ll understand when you start screaming your lungs out instinctively

Definitely revisit Nebraska again later. Surprised the instrumentation of Atlantic City was neither impressuve or memorable for you...
It is one of the greatest American albums ever recorded.

That might be it. I know I didn't wholly "get" Machine Head until I did that. But I do also know I'm not a huge fan of wall of sound either but I'll give that a shot.

I was thinking of revisiting the album but it's almost 4 so I'll do it tomorrow. Though the most I've ever enjoyed the album was when I listened to it at like 3 or 4 am once the 4th time I heard it.

I could appreciate Springsteen better if he could play or sing worth a damn and if he didn't have his nutsack licked by the media every day for 45 years.

>I'd like this artist more if they made music I liked

Interesting.

I got laid off from my job on the assembly line in New Jersey and my old man got laid off after 30 years and...me and my girlfriend are loser poorfags (but at least we have each other) and...fucking government lied to me about Vietnam.

There. I gave you every Springsteen song ever.

Funny but
>he cares this much about lyrics

Well it's not like Bruce lays down any good riffs or anything to distract you from the lyrics.

because all the pretentious fags have fucked off.

Why do you even pay attention to the lyrics? How many of his songs have you listened to?

I tried listening to Nebraska but I almost fell asleep. It's pretty good lullaby music but that's about it.

>hurrr let me rip off dylan
>now let me rip off funk rock, oh and i have a new york accent now
>now let me rip off heartland rock, oh i have a midwestern accent now
>now let me rip off hard rock, oh i have a mid atlantic accent now
>now let me rip off a variety of different pop rock styles and varispeed my voice up to make it sound younger and more accessible
>now let me rip off folk and country and the band Suicide and write songs about rural people living hard lives just like me even though i have millions in the bank
>now let me rip off tom petty and synthpop, oh i have a southern accent now
>now let me write shitty adult contemporary synthpop and soft rock ballads
>now let me do the same thing again, oh i have a california accent now
>mix and match all of the above for the rest of his career
>oh i have an irish accent on this song for some reason
>let me write an album about 9/11 so i be relevant again and make $$$$$
>let me write an album about the 2008 financial crisis so i be relevant again and make $$$$$
Springsteen's discography in a nutshell. What a hack.

I never liked Springsteen's singing. He sounds like there's a brick in his throat and he's trying to scream, throw, or get it out of his mouth.

>how dare a songwriter express his feelings about an event through songwriting
Can you at least be consistent and say CCR was cashing in when they wrote songs about Vietnam?

He's not so bad on the acoustic numbers, when he tries to project is where he sounds like ear rape.

Springsteen is just horrible though. I hate his songs, his politics, the way he comes off as a "real New Jersey guy" with the wifebeater and the rest... ugh. His voice - everything. Awful. Don't get it. He makes my skin crawl.

I just listened to the entire Nebraska and here's my breakdown of it

>Nebraska
I'm a fugitive and I killed a bunch of people because the factory closed and I lost my job.
>Atlantic City
Atlantic City is a shithole. What a revelation. I really needed Bruce Springsteen to tell me that.
>Mansion on the Hill
We're poorfags or something and we're jealous of the rich capitalist pig who owns the mill my dad works in and exploits his labor for profit.
>Johnny 99
It's the fault of this exploitative capitalist system that my friend turned to a life of crime. Also the justice system is unfair.
>Highway Patrolman
Cops are corrupt--from the cop's POV
>State Trooper
Cops are corrupt--from the POV of the guy who gets arrested and tasered by corrupt cops
>Used Cars
My family is poor but someday I'm going to own a BMW 7-Series. Wow, actually admits he wants to be richer and have nicer stuff than his old man. How bourgeois. Also he says "asses" on the song which is at least worth a few points.
>Open All Night
My capitalist pig boss forced me to work the night shift. I need to get drunk and put something on the jukebox. At least he plays a little faster on this song.
>My Father's House
>Reason To Believe
Ok now he runs out of complaints about capitalism and instead starts in on how people who believe in God are stupid.

Yeah fuck Bruce Springsteen.

I think you're reading a little too much into his songs there.

Cause it's actual rock. What's called "rock" nowadays isn't really rock, it's some new thing that doesn't rock. Which is not to say it's bad, but it isn't rock.

It's shit famalampai listen to post-rock

What's wrong with portraying characters in your music rather than trying to be yourself?

LOL SAME

Holy fuck, stop browsing Sup Forums, dude. It's cutting off the oxygen to your brain.

>nostalgia
>I was born in wrong generation brain issues
>noise/lofi fetish

Because you were reading too many Youtube comments.

I mean I guess you aren't into his music. But if you've ever had to study music you'd be surprised how much people have been borrowing and building upon eachother since the beginning of recorded history.

The problem comes when you don't make it your own. I think Bruce has successfully been able to make his music his own, but feel free to disagree my dude.

To be fair to Bruce, he's had that " regular Jersey guy" label foisted on him, he didn't claim it for himself. He is responsible, however, for the wifebeaters.

I wouldn't say that Springsteen is "very polarizing"; in fact, he's probably one of the few working artists that most music fans and critics agree on as being an excellent performer and incredible writer. Even people who don't like his music very much acknowledge these things.

What? Not at all, his politics make him extremely polarizing. I can only tolerate Springsteen in limited doses.

i dont even like bruce but god this posts reeks of shit