Hey, Sup Forums. I’ve been here for about four or five years now...

Hey, Sup Forums. I’ve been here for about four or five years now, and I just want to tell you that you may be a bunch of elitist, dumb, memeing, contrarian, critic-dick-sucking, waifufagging shitposters, but despite all that, I can never stay mad at you for more than a second. I don’t think I’ll ever forget all the great moments that have come from this board, and I can’t thank you enough for giving me the steps to broaden my tastes in music and find some good shit.
This might seem like a dumb, short, poorly-written letter, but I’m about to fall asleep, and I just wanted to thank you for being such good friends.
Love y’all

Quick before you go to sleep, what was the best year in the 80s for heavy metal?

Aw shit! Sheddin' tears! When can I expect a sextape user?

1971 was the best year for meddle

word up dumb frogposter

1984 obviously.

Why? I like Ride the Lightning but that's about it.

Here’s pic of my benis

at least it's just shitposting on here. /lit/ is completely serious with their pretentious faggotry.

lol at anyone posting on Sup Forums in /lit
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
just lost my fucking mind that theres even a lit board

You kidding me bro?

Anything else? I'm listening to Bathory right now and its ok. I assume this is the first time this exact vocal style was ever used.

Also this

Also this

I'm actually a really big fan of the live album that most of these songs are on.

Also TWO FUCKING PEAK MANOWAR ALBUMS (I just GISed it)

Descent to Acheron is one of my favorite songs. I guess we're not getting a new album this year?

Also a bunch of other good shit, and fuck yeah Bathory. Also Spinal Tap came out that year. Too bad that year's Saxon album was not so great, but those Manowar ones make up for it.

Any more questions?

Is Sign of the Hammer basically a b-side for Hail to England? Looking at the release dates it looks like Hail did well so they quickly released the rest of the session.

I wonder if that's a coincidence that the first song on the later Manowar album is All Men Play On 10

Oh lol I don't know shit about Absu (although maybe I should), I just GISed the two Manowar album titles, this was the one that had both.

Also I should mention that you asked specifically about "heavy metal", other genres were better in other years. But for pure concentrated cheesy ass heavy metal, 1984 was the APEX year AFAIC.

Metal in general