setlist.fm/stats/songs/bruce-springsteen-2bd6dcce.html?song=Highway Patrolman
youtube.com/watch?v=xlUnbSS_FW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my favorite part of the album is when he goes "ehhhrRRRAAUUUGGHhhhh"

WELL THEY

BLEW UP THE CHICKEN MAN IN PHILLY LAST NIGHT

AND THEY

BLEW UP HIS HOUSE TOO

I just know him as something moms listen to. Is he secretly patrician or something?

Nebraska is one of the most patrician albums ever. In fact most Springsteen fans, which are retarded, don't know about its existence

>Shitty boring pretentious ass dad folk
>patrician
Get a load of this fag

Nebraska is genuinely a brilliant album

>Now I been lookin' for a job but it's hard to find
>Down here it's just winners and losers and don't get caught on the wrong side of that line

What a load of shit. I have never met an actual Springsteen fan that hasnt just listened to born in the USA on the radio, who hasn't heard of Nebraska. Its not an obscure underground bootleg you spastic it's a platinum record anyone can pick up at their local store.

Try Ghost of Tom Joad, its not got the same themes and sparse production but it's acoustic at least.

Nebraska [Columbia, 1982]

Literary worth is established with the title tune, in which Springsteen's Charlie Starkweather becomes the first mass murderer in the history of socially relevant singer-songwriting to entertain a revealing thought--wants his pretty baby to sit in his lap when he gets the chair. Good thing he didn't turn that one into a rousing rocker, wouldn't you say, though (Hüsker Dü please note) I grant that some hardcore atonality might also produce the appropriate alienation effect. But the music is a problem here--unlike, er, Dylan, or Robert Johnson, or Johnny Shines or Si Kahn or Kevin Coyne, Springsteen isn't imaginative enough vocally or melodically to enrich these bitter tales of late capitalism with nothing but a guitar, a harmonica, and a few brave arrangements. Still, this is a conceptual coup, especially since it's selling. What better way to set right the misleading premise that rock and roll equals liberation? A-

^This.

You didn't get my post you absolute retarded piece of fuck. Springsteen fans love Springsteen because of Born in the USA, Born to Run, The River, Darkness on the Edge of Town and a few others – maybe the most recent stuff. But the majority of them don't care about Nebraska, Devils & Dust, Tunnel of Love. They go to his concerts just because they love dadrock, but they can't sing a single lyric from the most patrician albums.

butthurt springsteen fan club spotted, kek

Me and Franky laughin' and drinkin' nothin' feels better than blood on blood
Takin' turns dancin' with Maria as the band played "Night of the Johnstown Flood"
I catch him when he's strayin' like any brother would
Man turns his back on his family well he just ain't no good

Springsteen was heavily influenced by Suicide apparently, but I really can't hear it.

You can hear it in Nebraska, especially in State Trooper

Check out

The ghost of Tom joad
Devils and dust

None of them are quite as lo-fi as Nebraska. D&D being the worst with the whole band being involved.

Eliot Smith Roman Candle is also a good alternative to Nebraska.

D&D is not bad at all

but if you just listen to the critics we can stop talking now

Wait so these concertgoers just like dad rock huh? Well perhaps there is where I misinterpreted you because then they are fans of a genre and not of Springsteen himself, which explains why they don't know Nebraska, which is not a dad rock album.

Sorry but most people that attend concerts of big artists are normies. Do you really expect the majority of people at a pop concert to know all the lyrics to obscure album tracks? People don't pay money to see Springsteen play highway patrolman (because he won't). I'm sorry but the majority of people that spend money to see him aren't fans of him, they just want to sing along to dancing in the dark.

setlist.fm/stats/songs/bruce-springsteen-2bd6dcce.html?song=Highway Patrolman

He's played HP live sometimes.

Yes man, you perfectly got my point.

I'm saying it's the worst out of Nebraska, The Ghost of Tom Joad and Devils and Dust.

D&D is not bad. It's a lesser We Shall Overcome which is one of my favorite albums.

The shouting in State Trooper

Only 4 times last year :/ would love to hear the whole album live one day

That dude is the cancer

>There are academic papers and courses on Springsteen's work
How does that prove he has any artistic validity though? This is just the argument from authority fallacy.

I've met some aging hipsters who worshiped Springsteen and U2. They were ok for their time but their music is very dated and there is no reason for Millenials to listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=xlUnbSS_FW0

So what you're saying is dont listen to any music older than 20 years?

except the first 15 years of springsteen and u2's careers were quite good

I love Bruce, but this album is more like an omage to others' work rather than some original masterwork.

How, exactly? It was a demo for an album he planned to record with the E Street Band, but later decided to release as is because the subject matter fit better with the folksy sound of the demo.

That's exactly why, it fit more with a classic sound, I'm not saying it's a bad thing it's just a recollection of simpler recording and composing techniques. Not to mention the suicide worship

his best album but its still like a shitty version of dylan

le suicide maymay
good album, simple music.
anyways back to music

But actually this is the most discussed Springsteen album here, i guess because it's "le sad and depressing :("
So i guess the most patrician Springsteen albums in Sup Forums are The River, DotEoT, GFAP, Born in the USA, etc. While for the Average Springsteen fan is the other way around.

YOU are a shitty version of dylan

Your argument doesn't make any fucking sense, mate

i wish

Born to run is the most discussed and widely loved Springsteen album here. By a country mile.

this is a great album, but anyone who pretends desolate folk springsteen is superior to anthemic blue-collar rock n roll springsteen is a chump