How is the job market and/or economy in your country?

How is the job market and/or economy in your country?

>Canada
>NOT good

Yep, it's total shit here, isn't it?
This past year (May 2016 - May 2017) I've only had a single month of employment.

I beat 200 other applicants and got hired as labourer making $18/h, could be worse I know people with engineering degrees working at Best Buy

>Iceland
>Good because can always be fisherman

>Spain
>You really want me to answer that question?

Yeah, I did the same thing during my sole month of employment.
I beat something like 280 other applicants to do hard labour for $21 an hour
All of my co-workers there had degrees in technology or commerce. Some of them held really prestigious white collar jobs at oil companies or software companies, or ISPs. Some of my co-workers were really old too, so it was hard for them keep up physically. But they had to keep going because they had bills to pay. I remember this one middle aged guy passed out from exhaustion in the middle of his second week and we had to call EMTs. I learned he kept going for another 3 months before his wife made him quit and he took a pizza delivery job.
I'm young and in pretty good shape, but I didn't go to college to do hard labour, so I said fuck it and I quit. I still live with my mom and dad, and I don't own a car so being a NEET isn't too bad.

>had degrees in technology or commerce
That should say "degrees in STEM or commerce"

Pretty good since I live in a relevant city. Shitty elsewhere though

Mediocre to ok i could say, at least for my economic zone (mexico valley), theres plenty of job opportunities but the pays are meager due to rise of prices because of oil prices and inflation, its been a rollercoaster since Donald "Happy Merchant" Trump got elected

Man, living next to these idiots is insufferable

>All of my co-workers there had degrees in technology or commerce. Some of them held really prestigious white collar jobs at oil companies or software companies

Do you live in Alberta? At my labour job like half the people here have some sort of STEM education but can't find job in their field, shit's depressing

Damn, and i feel like shit by being a NEET just because i wanted to move cities but lend my savings to my parents

you can only have a job in Brazil if you have "connections"

>Do you live in Alberta?
Yep. I assume you're also Albertan?

which city is that

Edmonton

Calgary.
Most of the young guys at my labour job made the Dean's List/Honor Role every year at UCalgary/UAlberta/SAIT/NAIT too.

top kek

NAIT dean's list forklift operator reporting in

Pretty good but I am in tech

>tfw hired as an english teacher over the summer for 15 hundred loonies a week

I don't get why everyone in this countries constantly complains about how hard it is here. I turned down two 18$/h job offers just to accept this one, but from the way everyone talks you'd think Canada was a third world country where people are starving to death on the street.

anything under 20 bucks is pretty shit, bro

Its still a comfortable starting wage. With 15 bucks an hour you've got rent, food, some extra cash to go out, and enough extra money to make small investments while you work up.

But all the time I hear people fucking complaining like they live in god damn Haiti because they've got a car, a cellphone, eat out regularly, go drinking every weekend, pay rent, and are only living paycheck to paycheck.

It's not bad here in BC. Plenty of seasonal positions in the tourism industry. I've got a great paying job working at a campground this summer, and can easily find something this winter at a ski hill. Or just live the EI life.

>tfw even entry tier jobs require from 2 to 5 years of experience

n-not good

the county and city I live in has an unemployment rate of 2.1%. You have to practically be not looking to be unable to get any sort of job here.

I know people with computer degrees that can't find any jobs.

One of my mom's friends has a son who has a degree in chemical engineering and he had to take a job as a construction worker

let me live with you. ill let you suck my dick and lick my toes.

It's the Second Great Depression here, and the government can only make things worse.

i'm in Mexico city and getting a job here isn't difficult, the problem is that you will be paid poorl and work long hours

The value of the worker in Japan is a new college graduate.
The manager does not employ a person if not young even if understaffed.
A youth is obedient, and this is because the wage is cheap.

Only if you pay me 15+$ an hour

>Canada

Since I'm in the IT profession the jobs are certainly far from limited, but the cost of living here is fucking ridiculous (lower BC if you're curious). I have to commute about an hour since I couldn't find a cheap place to live within Vancouver.

isn't it bad all the time everywhere? people are never satisfied

How come?
What kind of degree do you have?

What about moving to US?
Aren't there more opportunities to get employed?

Fairly good, except me.

canada is already planning on importing poo in loos by the 1000s to make sure your niche of gainful employment goes down the tubes as well.

some of us actually want to reproduce and have children you know.

Canada and the U.S are essentially the same you need experience to get a good job. Most University students fuck up and don't get an internship and then have a horrible time getting a job.

Industrial instrumentation & controls

>Most University students fuck up and don't get an internship and then have a horrible time getting a job.

Not true, I know lots of engineering students with multiple co-op work periods and they're all unemployed, the economy in Alberta is so bad right now companies don't even hire interns anymore, so even if you want an internship you're fucked

Take a drive across the border and apply for some jobs then. Here they just care about previous experience and competency.

You really think you can just cross border and work in the US? You have to go through immigration etc just like everyone else.

Dude you've been posting this for a year.

Are you still a fucking neet? It's time to stop blaming the job market.

We're shitting jobs here now thanks to the US deal

Alright, I get approached by 3+ recruiters a week on LinkedIn.

You can chill for about a 2weeks if you want and apply for jobs. If the grass is greener then just do the paper work. Employers help people out if they have the skills required.