ITT: albums that blow your mind the first listen, then get progressively worse the more you listen

BoC sounds like shit from the very first listen

>listen to the album a thousand times to try and re-experience the first listen
>realize telephasic workshop, sixtyten, and pete standing alone are the only good tracks

yeah this only sounds good to someone who doesn't normally listen to instrumental music. I was bored to tears from the getgo

this exactly

agreed

It's just not that good anymore.

yep. it was more or less my first "math/instrumental" album after years of 90s/early 00s alt rock like modest mouse, pavement, built to spill.
nowadays i only listen to gloss drop, haven't checked out their new record yet.
but can't be bothered with mirrored anymore. got stale real fast. was a nice opener to new music for me though

>*deletes roygbiv*
ahhh that's better

American Football

>*deletes everything but roygbiv*
fixed

They were my favorite band for a week

roygbiv is one of the best tracks, also triangles and rhombuses

Oh to be 14 again. I'll throw on my vinyl copy once every year or so but the magic is gone and never coming back.

i can relate, but with another band.
hadn't really listened much to this kind of metal before, came from power metal

What did you think of The Suburbs? I still think they're good.

Anything

Olson is unironically one of the best tracks on there

sad but true

yeah I'll kinda agree with this, the album as a whole felt really great on the first few listens but then you start to realize that some tracks are just terrible. tout petit moineau will always be one of the best openers to a breakcore album ever, and vegetable soup is still amazing though

no better example imo

I still think this album is amazing

"No!"

all bopular music

After the first listen, this album took a massive tumble

bleb

Golden

You must not play guitar

>tfw this never happens to me because I actually pay attention to the album the first time I put it on

Every Manchester Orchestra album
That Temper Trap album from a couple years ago
Every Death Cab for Cutie album

for me it was the complete opposite, for a long time I thought it was like the blandest thing I've ever heard and then it grew on me

I'd like to see what your favorite band is now.

Objectively wrong

Die

I always thought Richard D. James Album was overrated desu
It's got a lot of his best songs but it's just not that consistent of an album and isn't weird enough to hold up against something like drukqs

Yeah, it's a surprisingly boring album after a few listens

Great albums, but definitely decline after a while of listening

I don't think I could agree with this in the slightest. The vocals put me off initially, but actually it's just a really well written and recorded rock album.

i relate to this

opposite for me. at first I was like "what the fuck is this? it's so repetitive." by the 5th listen I was like "uhhhhhh yesssssssssss *drools on self* *gets totally lost in the drone*"

>isn't weird enough
really? I always considered it his "weird" album