Can we predict the next main trend in hip-hop by following Kanye's discography minus five or so years?

Can we predict the next main trend in hip-hop by following Kanye's discography minus five or so years?

Graduation influenced Kid Cudi, J Cole etc.
808s was basically Drake.
XXXTentacion with their faux-deep depressed overblown persona seems just like an extension of themes set out in MBDTF.

Will Yeezus be next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5LPw7hXnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

xxtentation the screaming ape seems just like an extension of themes set out in yeezus

>Will Yeezus be next?
Industrial Hip Hop was already big when Yeezus came out

No. Dälek released a new album and no one even cared.

>big
Come on now

Who's worse, Kanye stans or Kendrick stans?

>XXXTentacion with their faux-deep depressed overblown persona seems just like an extension of themes set out in MBDTF.

how?
its more relatable to what kid cudi did on his kurt cobain album.

death grips

Big in the underground maybe.

>had a vr game on mtv
>underground
>played at coachella
>had radio play in LA
>underground
they are a probably netstream band

>big
lol no. If you think Death Grips being a meme means that industrial Hip-Hop was 'big' then you're very deluded and spend waaay too much time on the internet. Hell, you probably can't name more than 5 different industrial hip-hop artists without using google.

yeezus was a digital based album via the internet. which was kanye saying rip to cd's. why are you still mentioning things regarding irl radioplay. that format is dying and not the main factor of money anymore.
the fucking president of the us uses the internet as main way of communication.

You are an absolute idiot who missed the point ENTIRELY. Nobody cares about Death Grips. Even by Internet standards, DG isn't even that popular. They're literally more popular because they're a fucking meme than for their music. Type in "Death Grips" into Youtube, their most popular video only has 6 million views. That may sound like a lot but it definitely isn't when you're entirely relying on the internet and not radio for promotion. And you're so caught up with Death Grips as though Death Grips makes up the entirety of industrial hip-hop. So no, industrial hip-hop is not and was not "big". It's not big IRL, it's not big on the internet. As I said before, you're deluded.

Did they actually play Coachella? I thought they cancelled that. They're successful, but not mainstream. I wouldn't classify a band that draws 500 people in smaller countries as big. Like, seriously, here they drew as many people as Dälek.

they've played twice newfag
jfc just stop posting
youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5LPw7hXnw

Mark Stewart
Death Grips
clipping.
Ho99o9
Meat Beat Manifesto
B L A C K I E
Dälek
Techno Animal

What do I win

Nice argument bro.

>Nobody cares about Death Grips
>admits they have 6m views on yt
alright bud you took too many stupid pills today.

look its okay to be new. but when you can't even bother not knowing the simplest facts like dg playing fucking coachella twice. its time to stop posting

>doesn't give a fuck about burgerfests
>lol newfagxd
Should I call you a newfag for not knowing who headlined which nights of WGT2011?

i can just google and get your answer. but i guess newfags like yourself wouldnt know that.

And yet you didn't, so why would I? Sorry, no amount of shitposting will change that they aren't big. Sorry your favorite circlejerk isn't universally beloved.

6 million views is nothing on Youtube. If you think 6 million views on their MOST POPULAR VIDEO is an indication that they're popular, than you're not just deluded, you're also an idiot. If Death grips is the most popular industrial hip-hop act around (and they probably are) and the most they can attain is 6 million views over the course of 6 years, then yes, Industrial hip-hop is not "big". It's very far from it

i don't even like dg. im just pointing out how retarded you are newfag.

Totally believe you bro

Depends on how the success is measured. For example, clipping. were on network TV and national radio, but they probably aren't as well known as DG.