Is it stupid to want to keep a relationship going after they left for the military...

Is it stupid to want to keep a relationship going after they left for the military? Had some up and down relationships that I didn't see as anything more than companionships in my life, met this girl and I saw a future, she wasn't my type at first but we hit it off and had a great couple of months together before she left for the military. Is it worth staying in touch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=npMiZYstIM0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Tell me what branch and post a picture user

Navy and I only have one picture, not the best, she had just finished working out. We were spending so much time together I didn't think to take more pictures.

OP here. A little background, I was in the Marines, so I understand the difficulty of relationships in the military, and finding someone who isn't just in it for the benefits is tough. Something just clicked between us, I gave it some time to see what faults she had, testing the waters etc, and she was super caring, I don't think I'd know 100% if I saw it, but she had wifey chararerisitcs, and didn't have any crazy dealbreakers that I couldn't deal with.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but even though the navy is a bunch of gay, ass pirates, once she gets to advanced IET, she is gonna get railed a LOT. Do yourself a favor and let it go. If she cares she will continue to try to be with you. Just save yourself the disappointment, because if you aren't married, there is such a miniscule chance it will work.

no.

If she's worth it to you, then I'd say go for it man. From what you're saying, you really like this girl. Why not make the effort? If it doesnt work out the it doesnt work out. At least it was good while it lasted.

Yes you fucking dick.
Youre sounding like a woman, usually women leave males in the military.
If you think the person is for you then keep her. Just jerk off jesus christ you douche

If you are a Marine, then you know the drill. Long distance never works and cheating always happens. If that is a bad picture of her, then you should keep your hopes at a minimum. If you do not marry by the time she hits the fleet, then she is going to be a cum dumpster for the cute guys in the unit.

Hahahaha, she's gone user let her go.

I will tell you this from experience:

>had a fiancee, she wanted to go to college, joined the national guard
>went to basic, I went to her graduation, she fucked another guy while I was there.
> Nothing is worth that shit,

Do what you think is right man, shes going to cheat on you, if your a cuck and can handle it then more power to you, I couldn't

Armyfag here. There are good wholesome people in the military who are very capable of maintaining an excellent relationship with their SO, but when it comes down to my experiences i just don't trust them, especially the women. I've seen so many married girls get ran through by dudes in the barracks while their SO is back home. Sad, but that distrust is something i will always feel regarding military women maintaining a faithful relationship, especially with a spouse that isn't in the military.

Hmm forgot about this. As a woman shell probably fall for someone in the military. Unless her parents are still on their first marriage. Usually girls from split families suck dick.
So disregard this post i posted

Unless you have a real reason that's not selfish then no. She's already in the hardest thing shes ever done and now her man is leaving her.

Falling for a guy in the military? Truly falling for them? Doubtful. Getting fucked by dudes and rotating out when they get tired of one. Highly possible. People don't fall in love anymore. Love is a fantasy my friend. It is nothing but lust in the military.

>Hardest thing she has ever done
>Navy
Kek

Keep the hot swimmer

Her Dad was Air Force, she grew up around the military lifestyle. She's introduced me to her parents, they were very welcoming towards me, liked that I had been in too etc etc. I'm trying my best to be level headed about it, knowing what goes on, but who gets some dude caught up with her parents and to the point where they trust me enough to stay at their house from time to time not expecting any future with me? It doesn't add up. Also I'm a couple of months from graduating with an associates, since I'm using my GI benefits to go to school it's not an issue relocating.

You don't understand how weak kids are now.

Hey man just keep it open ended. Stick it it out until you can't. Then if it sparks back up when she comes back go for it. Go with the flow of life

You could try, but unless you a willing to get your heart broken over some ass then godspeed to you lover boy

Dude if your ex military you know the problem with military women... as soon as they go through basic and AIT you know it breaks something in their brain. Women in the military are not faithful, they are not reliable, they will fuck other people. Answer your own questions? if you were ever active duty you would know this, women are fucked up when you put them under any kind of stress.

Trust me, i do my friend. The military has grown so soft due to changing and adapting with the civillian world and it's sad.

Alot of positive replies, I really was expecting the polar opposite. I'm still very pessimistic about the obvious "what happens in the military" shit, but I was not expecting any positive replies from people.

It's what some of us are here for man

No.
Long distance relationships are stupid
>couple of months
So you dated for 2 months. Get real. She will be in basic for longer than you were together, and after that you will rarely see her.

Have you talked to her about staying in touch?

Nail on the head
And with that
/thread

Yes, she brought up the topic. Before she left I took her out to a nice dinner, she had talked about if there was a future etc etc, she's really aware of the military stigmas of relationships from growing up around it and is very outspoken about disloyalty and how she had seen people her father served with cheat and how it bothered her, said something along the lines of "If my parents stayed faithful for so long, why can't others?" She was very outspoken about something in the future for us.

youtube.com/watch?v=npMiZYstIM0

We started dating in August

She's taking miles of dick right now.

Fair enough Sup Forums, I'll take your advice. Not what I wanted to hear but it was what I expected. Move on and what not.

Good point user, dunno what it is, but I know exactly what you're talking about.