Just listened to this album for the first four times today. Like, it's a great album...

Just listened to this album for the first four times today. Like, it's a great album, but I don't get why people seem to think it's some really complex, multilayered, non-linear narrative with complex themes. It all seems pretty surface level and literal.

I can't get past his unbearable vocal timbre.

Critics only praise people like Kendrick, Kanye, etc. out of white guilt. Once you realise that everything suddenly makes sense

People only say that because they're trying to come up with any reason that DAMN. wasn't a disappointment.

Or maybe its because they are really fucking good artists?

Kanye hasn't been for years and Damn was mediocre

Nah, you white guilt as fuck

It's because they are the greatest 21st century artist.

You say people who praise artists who are black have white guilt but if anyone has white guilt it is the white person who disregards any black artist, kinda sad desu, not a real music fan

duckworth was the best song

See the thing is, it isn't that at all. Apart from untitled. unmastered. it's his most straightforward and simple album to date. He eschews the expectations of Good Kid Maad City and To Pimp a Butterfly to bring a really visceral, blunt experience to the listener. It's not so complicated, even if loving him is.

Cringe

Kendrick should just ghostwrite for somebody that has a good voice. He sounds like a mouse

I know I had to do it.

Sometimes you gotta do it to em

Kendrick albums are the oscar bait of rap.

I bet you listen to music for the lyrics

>simple
It sure is, lame ass production

The production isn't lame, really. Despite the songs themselves having a mostly simple structure, it's hard to think of a hip-hop album like this with as much sonic variety and depth. "Love" and "XXX" are two good examples of songs that have which perfectly match the tone and themes of what Kendrick is doing lyrically. He's spent most of his career doing this so well.

XXX is one of my favorite tracks off the album, but even in LOVE, what is there in production it lacks in vocals with Kendrick limping through like its a club Drake song. I think DAMN is just too inconsistent in terms of quality for me to say I really enjoyed it passed its opening week.

It actually reminded of Drake a lot, but I don't mind that a lot. I've kept coming back to songs like that and the album on the whole because of the lush production, the spot-on use of percussion synths, and the rhyme scheme he employs. It all congeals into a pleasant, emotionally resonant experience for me. Greg Kurstin (who does Tegan and Sara stuff) goes hard.

>for the first four times today

Not enough. You need at least 7 listens in a row to get the full experience.

This thread really affirmed that crazium is the worst tripfag on the board

Technically not a tripfag at the moment, also do you even remember when I last posted?

Unty and Swift S. Lawliet are worst tbqhwyf

Wow, perfectly summed up kendrick's career

Whoever claimed what the fuck you just said they did?

I thought it was good because it was good?

No it doesn't. Oscar Bait is designed from scratch to win awards and make people feel good.

Its pro-black anti-white trash