The Doors (1967) vs L.A. Woman (1971)

The Doors (1967) vs L.A. Woman (1971)
Which one is the better?

La Woman

The Doors are awful so whichever one is shorter.

Both are equally GOAT, but L.A. Woman has a more straight ahead "Bluesy" feel to it.

The doob but only cause big beat and king snake drag lawowal down

Self titled but Riders On The Storm is the best song they ever did by a mile.

Self titled definitely. LA Woman is still great tho

woah

LA Woman

The Soft Parade

OP here. Just listened to both of them. I've enjoyed L.A. Woman the most, but just by a little difference.
T-T-T-T-T-T-TOUCH ME, BABY

Strange Days > The Doors

Doors Mono>LA Woman>Doors Stereo

Morrison Hotel beats them both though
Their best song overall however is Spanish Caravan. Don't bother disputing anything I said

I have several contentions.

Don't bother

/thread

Soft Parade is awesome just for the title track alone, shit is insane.

YOU CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER

better in what terms?
preference? i'd say the debut album
but that's because i believe the first album of any artist really captures what they're about, their influences, and their raw sound.

LA woman is a great blues album, without actually being generic blues, it was the album they recorded themselves and had fun with, and there are interviews with them saying how much fun they had with it.

but to me, i like more songs in the first album compared to la woman

and to the fags talking about how great soft parade is, both the song and the album itself, you're nothing more than beatles fanboys that won't admit it, the soft parade was them mimicking the beatles because they didn't have the global appeal as the beatles

Soft Parade (song) only mimics the Beatles the way they splice up multiple songs and put them together. It's like the Door's version of Day in the Life, which isn't a bad thing. The rest of the album is up and down, not their most consistent. And by that point the Doors were huge and didn't need to copy the Beatles.

But yeah, nothing really beats their first album. every song on it is pretty much perfect.

Waiting for the Sun