Why does Pitchfork write headlines like this these days?

Why does Pitchfork write headlines like this these days?

They're so pretentious... what happened to journalistic standards?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Music_journalists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Even as a teenager I could never take headlines like those seriously. P4k are Buzzfeed tier now

"musical" "journalistic" "integrity"

Imagine writing that.

Imagine the mentality that person goes through each and every day with.

Some of that is fundamentally true but my God they are so far up their own ass with how important they think they are by promoting certain music.

Pitchfork was bought out by Forbes and since then has become even more shit.

It's become more of a trendy culture venue than an underground music platform.

I thought it was Conde Nast? Or does Forbes own that network?

go back to pol
No sane person would have an issue with either of those pieces

If that actually mattered to p4k, they would hail Pere Ubu as the greatest group of all time.

Stop reading Pitchfork.

OMG THIS IS JUST SOOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT
UGH SO ICONIC

omg that is so cute!

Music journalism never had standards

prove me wrong

Lester Bangs

>Music journalism never had standards
Uhh...

>No sane person would have an issue with either of those pieces
yikes...

t. not woke

I gave up on p4k years ago, now I don't even go there for music news, I won't ever give them clicks again.

lol literally two front page articles about some generic rap single hitting #1

this journo push for top 40 music to seem interesting or respectable is quite sad, but i guess hip hop clickbait pays more than sad pasty white indie features

Dog this has literally nothing to do with hip-hop specifically and more to do with the fact that P4k as a publication has gravitated towards mainstream pop sensibilities in an attempt to gain more clicks and thus produce more revenue. You thinking it's about white v black specifically seems paranoid. The more likely (and cynical) scenario is that they're capitalising on the gullibility of their readers for mad $$$$$$$$$

i guess you're right. though i can't help but feel that p4k (and others, like noisey for example) often treat black musicians as court jesters or something, compared to sewious white ones. like there's a palpable difference in tone and terminology that goes beyond mere genre descriptions

not american btw, so i might be reading more into this than what's actually there

what's with pitchfork publishing non music related articles now? besides pushing their agenda.
they just put out an article about how jordan peele is making a TV show about "hunting nazis". nothing music related whatsoever in it. didn't mention anything about any musicians lending their talents to the score, nothing. a while ago they put out an article about world peace getting canned - again, nothing music related.
they're trying to push (((something)))

why does he get so close

Well I don't think it's really a problem for a music publication to post non-music related material, especially if they're seeking to branch out to other mediums of entertainment in one way or another. Of if they're trying to become a generically cultural publication. Rolling Stone did that sort of thing in the '90s, and it was a relatively smooth transition. It's just that P4k are so abrasively preachy and self-important that it is VERY hard to take anything they publish seriously.

Hell, I agree with their ideology for the most part. Their "agenda" or whatever. But this is all too much for me. The substance of their pieces just never matches the vitriol and weight they presumably hold. That's a big problem with 2017 P4k.

>They're so pretentious...

>implying they haven't always been

They seemed a lot more earnest and straightforward in the past. And not in the recent past. I think they were degrading in quality before even the Conde Nast purchase.

How the fuck is that even a Sup Forums statement when a bunch of what's said in that piece of "journalism" is factually incorrect.

Nice combo, but frankly police have gotten away with shooting unarmed people - black or otherwise - after being captured on video. Maybe they were discharged from the force, but it's so hard to convict officers of murder because they're given more leniency for their actions. They're expected to use force in certain situations, obviously, and that gives them more leeway than a civilian.

I just think P4k using that to promote an artist by saying they're "important" in such a shitty time is exploitative and stupid.

yeah that kid a review was really straightforward

I love Brent DiCrescenzo, you shut your mouth. His verbage was always colourful, playful, interesting, and I could always tell he actually cared a lot about what he was doing even if it seemed like an incoherent mess at times.

critic/historian, not a journalist

>critic/historian, not a journalist
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Music_journalists

music needs an armond white
scaruffi doesn't count

Chris Ott could be that if he wasn't an autist

younger christgau is kinda close
ott's stuff is more focused on analyzing trends and parts of the industry than just giving out reviews

>the cadbury egg creamy center of a Sup Forumstard mind

BUHHHHRAWK