I believe religion and the concept of a personified "God" is going to be the driving factor in the downfall of humanity...

I believe religion and the concept of a personified "God" is going to be the driving factor in the downfall of humanity. Thoughts? Ama. Dickheads will be ignored.

I also believe The Bible is a description of humanity as a whole and a list of guidelines on how to live a happy, healthy, and meaningful life when viewed as an allegorical story Narratored by "God" about The Israelites (humanity as a whole) and their "Savior" (anyone that has a positive effect on the world no matter how insignificant it may seem to anyone person, as long as the Savior believes they fulfilled their "purpose")

t. "people who disagree with me are dickheads"
alot of people agree with this point of view it isnt new, but dont be a fedora about it

*tips fedora* M'OP.

God worship has been around longer than civilization. Might as well say breathing is what will cause our end.

Going to be? It already is, bro

I remember when I turned 14 . . .

No you can agree or disagree, I meant shitty people that post things with the intention of being a dickhead. I understand that. It was far more spiritual and based on individual understanding.
Example of a dickhead.

There's always hope.

The presentation of God as an entity of a single individuals understanding to large groups of people has only come since the beginning of "civilization"

Always? No. Now? Yes.

Fedoras look stupid as fuck in my opinion, I'm more of a snapback kinda guy. To each is own though.

Why do you think there is now? Why not always?

Nice b8 m8 I r8 8/8. You're 2000 years l8 tho

The beginning of civilization then. So you might as well say civilization is the end of humanity.

The point is, you can't act like something old enough to be basically human nature for all of history will suddenly cause a disaster. That makes no sense, there are much better aspects of modern organized religion to scapegoat for fedora club.

No bait. Just a presentation of an idea to gather input from others in an attempt to see if my personal thoughts on shit that ultimately doesn't matter have ever been considered by anyone else as a result of their own conception of said thoughts.
Well in a way, civilization kinda is the downfall of humanity. Every civilization that rose to the level of an "empire" has fallen causing major setbacks in the advancement of humanity as a whole.

When I say "Downfall" I don't mean "end". "extensively setback" may have been a better choice of words.

MY point is...Nothing can "be old enough to be human nature." It either is or it isn't. Human nature cannot be taught. That is exactly what human nature is NOT.

Tbh user the whole debate about the existance of God or gods have always been stupid to me. Instead of arguin how about who is right how about we work on bettering ourselves. There is no way to find an answer on the debate so there is no point. I might sound like a cuck or something but thats just me.

Well, sure, no big controversy there.

We see deer overgraze their habitat, then starve to death, it's the laws of ecology. But humans aren't like that, we've been given legal title to the planet by almighty God, and anything g bad we do is erased by saying the right words on our deathbed?

Yeah, that's not going g to end well.

No I agree completely. The words anyone chooses to describe existence and/or the universe is irrelevant. Words only hold meaning to whoever says them and determined by the intent with which they are said. Interpretation of words by others is always subjective and often incorrect as well as Judgemental.
No, your judgemental interpretation of my intentions is incorrect. I believe everyone should do whatever the fuck they want as long as it's not negatively impacting another human being.

And makes them happy.

Maybe I should have claimed to be Jesus. The thread would draw more attention, however I think the attention would be more negative than positive or indifferent. What can you do though? People are assholes, for the most part, in the world we live in currently.

At least we're "civilized" right?