Ask a 27 year old who just finished reading his 300th book anything

Ask a 27 year old who just finished reading his 300th book anything

No novels,astrology, trivia etc bullshit useless books

27 and still seeking approval of strangers like a child?

Maybe some titles, you egoist?

how did you like Grant Cardones Sell or Be Sold?

hah
im on my 400th and im 24 nigga
>not even on my plane of existance
>implying doujinshi doesnt count
>implying you arent full of lies

what's your networth?
with 400 books I'd expect you to be around 300-500k

>no novels
>not experiencing the genius that is Steven King
>the stand, it, running man, the shining and more
>never read brave new world
>never read pig farm

You might as well kill yourself now. As Matt said in good will hunting, youre reading the wrong fuckin books

>>not experiencing the genius that is Steven King
Don't you mean Stephen King?

Please explain how to convert translational acceleration into torque in foot/lb units.

By my calculations, 400 books would cost free at a library so he could potentially be homeless you retard

Indeed I did

Name them

>read 400 books
>interpreting my words like a complete retard
>calling me a retard

you don't read shit kiddo. i see it in your attitude

How long have you been watching Rick and Morty?

Damn, that's a truth burn right there.

This.

If you just read a ton of non-fiction claptrap like ethics and history, but completely ignored the physical sciences you wasted your time.

Nope. I do got some bad news for you though. Everything written in those books wasn't discovered or invented by a book

i got 60 bucks in one account, but im down 10 dollars in the other

where do you work out

>cringeworthy reply incoming

How does it feel to have forgotten 98% of everything you read?

>blames other people because he speaks like a retard
You realize the purpose of language is to be able to communicate with fellow man. If people can't understand you, it's you not using your tools properly, or like a complete retard as you say

it's up to you how you interpretethis ;)

this.

This would be impressive in the fucking middle ages, but now its just sad

>astroLOGy

I think I'm interpreting those trips nigga, checked!

>Everything written in those books wasn't discovered or invented by a book

i don't get the point. so just because they're not the originators of the stated ideas means for you, that they're not worth reading?

Why do you feel the need to count how many books you have read?, is it so you can start shitty threads on Sup Forums trying to make out that you are some kind of clever cunt?

Who the fuck counts books

Finished my 300'th book by the age of 10... Faggot bragging about it when he is nearly 30...

If you don't read at least 1000 books by the age of thirty you are a waste of human life.

Are you mad that you wasted so much of your life when you could've just watched the movies instead?

>300th
A good start. But I prefer fantasy
>pic related

Has your vocabulary and conversational skills increased since then?

No, knowledge in your field is always useful. Wouldn't want someone ignorantly discovering gravity again. However, they aren't a measure of someones intelligence, nor are they even a measure of their knowledge. Nobody memorizes what's in a book besides retards with a broken brain anyway. Knowledge comes from experience in your field

Dude, you know you don't need a shelf anymore, right? Or the books, you can just steal them online... Or is this just a way to say you're a leet reader person?

Beautiful picture.
How do you like The Name Of The Wind? I heard it's being adapted into a TV show, but I kinda feel like a lot of the magic (ignore the pun) would be lost in translation from the two mediums.

How many books have you read?

Don't like digital. Fuck that.
I want my books physical, in my hands.
Also the shelves and books doubles as sound proofing so my apartment is super quiet.

Love those books. Rothfuss is an amazing writer. Really hope the third book comes out soon.

Not that user but I fucking loved name of the wind. I think you're right however I'd not thought about it until now. I don't really see myself watching it anyway.
Any idea when the 3rd book is planned for release?

300 books is an unimpressive amount to have read at your age.

nigga that looks so fuckin comfy
gonna save this one

>counting how many books you've read

lol, i have no idea if that's much or a little but i do know that counting them is autistic. Nothing wrong with autism tho, but getting a diagnosis might make your life easier.

the amount doesn't matter. what matters is to read the right books. if you read 1000 fantasy books, you won't have a better attitude and be able to sell more necessarily

>gonna save this one
>someone saves a pic of my living room
That's a strange feeling but you are welcome.

Its realistically probably not that much. I used to read these 300 page fantasy books called dragon Lance and another called forgotten realms and I'd chew threw each book in a couple days.

Lol these acoustic fucks think Sup Forums is running a "Book It!" contest

Read what you like and learn from them. But don't expect loot boxes for opening a certain number of them.

Congrats user, books are by far the best way to broaden your horizons imo. 32 and own at least 250 books and have read probably double that. Mix of fiction and non fiction. Since I have a family and don't travel anymore it's a nice escape.

so you're claiming to be able to read more than one Algebraic Geometry Robin Hartshorne (and understand it) per year?

Wrong board, you need /lit/. Sup Forums will only provide abuse, shota, rate my dick, and other useless spew.

A 300 page book is 1-2 days indeed.
Several of my books (room pic above) is 1000+ pages. Those are more like a week.

But people pay to much attention to amount and time etc.
Reading for me is fun. I enjoy the book, I get draw into the story. No movie gets me as locked in as a book does.

have you read and applied Sell or Be Sold by Grant Cardone?

>not reading the genius that is Cormac McCarthy
Why even live?

please read Algebraic Geometry by Robin Hartshorne

All that and not a single warhammer novel....heresy

will it help me to make millions?

cheers mate

lmao what is this meme

Why? I'm a fiction kinda guy.
That book would never find it's way onto my shelves.

Are they any good? Only had bad experiences with video game based books so far (Assassins Creed, Mass Effect etc)..

I kind of gave up reading when I started working and want to get back into it. I really like the Redwall series, most of Palahniuk's stuff, and Eragon was OK. Any recommendations to pick back up?

Yeah buddy. Ive been reading Stephen King recently and his stories are fucking long man, but I don't find myself caring one bit. When I recommend them to people though they do seem to find it daunting.
These days it takes me a lot longer than it used to since I can only read maybe 1 day out of a week but I still get it in when I cqn

Name of the wind got me reading again

Stick to Dan Abnett and Graham McNeil and you will never be disappointed

No. I'm saying that if by the age of 27 you've read only 300 books, that's unimpressive.

>When I recommend them to people though they do seem to find it daunting.
Haha yep, my friends are the same
>"but that's 900 pages, I can't read that"
Hahaha.
I'm the opposite, when I wander through my local book shops and see a really thick book my heart pumps a little harder, if it's fantasy and seem like a good book it's a complete jackpot.
Nothing better than coming home and unfolding a brand new book.

It may have too many large words if you are getting back to reading but I would reccomend "the road"

weak
you should be at 1000+ to be proud of something

Thanks for the tip, will keep an eye out tomorrow at the book shop.

By the time I left University at 20 I had read 1,147 books, some for work, some for pleasure and some because they are classics.

My question is OP, do your lips move when you read and your brow furrow, is that why it's taken so long for you to read all those books?

I'm guessing you're a yank and so the natural enemy of books and knowledge, I'm English, you know, like the language you're speaking and writing, speed up dullard.

Yes what's your net worth

It actually might, but I'll try and work through it. Thanks user.

I'll start with this book then. Thank you.

Anytime user, eisenhorn omnibus is a great place to start if your not familiar with the lore. It's also around 1000 pages so you won't burn through it in a day either.

Reading the Quran 1000 times doesn't count Ahmed.

Perfect, they have it in store so that's my first find tomorrow.

ok, cool. i want to do that once my job stabilizes out and i have some personal time again. ...but how much do you actually remember of them?

I can study something intently and even do all its exercises and pass all its included tests, but then 2 months later come back to it and have only a vague rememberance of what some of the words even mean.

300 books? So net worth about 250-350k?

>astroLOGy

Like others have said, if you are getting back to reading or starting new then the fantasy novels by Patrick Rothfuss called the "The Kingkiller Chronicle" is my top advice.

They might seem childish at first look but they are written in a very mature way with a dark sense of humor and a lot of gory details.
But most importantly, they never get boring. No long passages with dreary pointless pages, every word in these books keeps you entertained.

Also a tv show coming later based on the books.
Rothfuss is probably one of my favorite writers in the genre.

I said I'm English you retarded oaf.
I've never even met anyone called Ahmed, you sound like a Mike or a Paul, easily triggered idiots like you are the only reason I still visit this chan.

Pic related mate.

You don't sound English. More like someone with a very poor understanding of how English people talk.

This, so much this.

I hadn't read a book in probably 8-9 years when I got The Name Of The Wind at my airport before a long flight.
In the two 8 hour flights I finished the book and just wanted more. Got the second book the day after coming home.

more like how he says he hasnt met an ahmed
every cunt over theres a fuckin ahmed
dirty sand niggers everywhere
also
>trying o impress people by saying your a fuckin limey
noice

The point is that most people who read more than 500 books in their lifetime either never apply what they read or are just born timewasters

Agreed completely.
Number of people that those books have converted into the magic realms of books near me
>my little brother 13 years old
>big brother 33 years old
>sister 1 and 2 both 15 years old
>my mom (not joking) 54 years old
>one cousin 16 years old

I was a thriller and action kinda book guy before but after those books I'm a full on fantasy nerd.

never read that stuff, but did this book have a positive ROI or easier expressed: did his book make you any money?

Being a doubtful person by nature I wasn't sure.
Several of my co workers and friends said they were great books but they have recommended real crap before so took a while before I got the books.
No regrets though, that's some Tolkien level writing right there.

There's more to life than profits. Do you spend every waking moment pursuing more wealth? If so, to what end?

No?
I bought the book just randomly and loved it. So I got copies for my family last Christmas and they loved it as well.

Let me guess, you are single and dont understand why assholes get the girls but you are a nice guy and cant get any?

No it gave me something more important than money, happiness.
The books are pure joy to read. I actually spend 20€ on them. Would have spend a lot more if needed.

>only reading books to earn money
How does it feel to be dead inside?

you are depressing as fuck mate

real shit cunt, isnt he?

Jokes on you fucking losers, while you're out there enjoying yourself and finding value in things, the user you're replying to is spending every waking moment obsessing over finding ways to make the number of dollars in their bank account go up.

I think it was estimated to be at around 2020. He says that he wants to spend a lot of time on it, and the first two books did take a couple of years to perfect.

There are lots of fans who are pretty immersed and just want the third book, but given that I just finished the series recently, I'm fine with waiting for a solid finale to the trilogy.

Yep, fucking idiot if you ask me.
Caring that much about money is idiotic.

I'm 21 and read one book outside of school.