What went wrong?

What went wrong?

The gap between big teams and BIG teams widened, the Romas and Valencias can't compete with the Reals and Bayerns nowadays.

berlusconi stopped spending money, mainly

>Still no arsenal

I believe OP is talking about the English dominance in the CL.

>Roma

Kaka and Prilo absoluely rekt United
Liverpoo got through with a dreadful team
Mou choked his best chance at a CL

United and Milan where probably the best two teams that year imo

*with Chelsea

>this season was the beginning of the end for the PL clubs

>roma can't compete nowadays
>when 10 years ago they got btfo 7-1

Sounds like you're a bit obsessed with us

They also made the QFs. They also won the first game. Nowadays Serie A has a hard time getting a 3rd team in the CL.

But if Roma is your problem, replace them with PSV, Villareal or any other team you want.

Ahh, the the year UEFA did everything they could for a Messi-Ronaldo final and succeeded.

>Nowadays Serie A has a hard time getting a 3rd team in the CL
And yet people think they deserve 4 teams. Are any leagues capable of getting 4 teams consistently through the group stages?

>PSV
I wish Dutch wogball wasn't ded

Football is cyclical. That's literally it, clubs/countries have dominant periods when they can manage to assemble a great team but eventually those players will get too old/lose form. I think Barca will be looking at a big rebuilding job in the not too distant future Iniesta, Busquets, Mascherano and even Messi to an extent aren't getting younger and they're not the kind of players you can just buy like for like replacements for and assume it'll work

>tfw we got refballed hard by the spanish cunts

>Are any leagues capable of getting 4 teams consistently through the group stages?

Spain

Twice in 7 years isn't exactly consisent

16/17 - 4/4
15/16 - 3/5
14/15 - 3/4
13/14 - 3/4
12/13 - 4/4
11/12 - 2/4
10/11 - 3/3
09/10 - 3/4
08/09 - 4/4
07/08 - 3/4

They don't get 4 out of the groups that much but it's still most likely the most consistent out of all the other countries

the Milan Liverpool rivalry was pretty great

How do we compare to that?

I like English football.

16/17 - 3/4 (Spurs miss out)
15/16 - 3/4 (United miss out)
14/15 - 3/4 (Liverpool miss out)
13/14 - 4/4
12/13 - 2/4 (Chelsea and City miss out)
11/12 - 2/4 (United and City miss out)
10/11 - 4/4
09/10 - 3/4 (Liverpool miss out)
08/09 - 4/4
07/08 - 4/4

I'm surprised, I expected less than that. It must be all thouse Ro16 and QF exits clouding my mind.

for me, it's psv eindhoven

>Real Madrid 0 - 5 Liverpool

Everytime

when did everything go so wrong?

When Benitez left

>5-0
>7-1
>12-1 on aggregate

Jesus fucking christ Sporting must still feel the assrape.

I think Arsenal are mainly to blame for being so fucking shite and pathetic in Europe.

Yes. That was an incredible shit team.

SHUT UP!

>Mou choked his best chance at a CL

Liverpool got some incredibly lucky refball to deny Mou his best chance at a CL*

It's worse when you remember that was the worst Bayern team of the modern age, with Klinsmann in charge and players like Lell, Ottl and Breno as starters and they got destroyed in the Bundesliga by fucking Wolfsburg.

they went bankrupt

almost went out of business but a bank bought them and saved them from administration

not really their fault though they had americlap owners who went broke

And an even shittier coach.

I hate Paulo Bento so much.

To be fair, they collapsed that season, and a lot of them where simply awful.
Team captain wanted to be transferred out to Porco, lots of players that where only good enough for 2nd league, some young but very inexperienced players in the team, one of the worse managers I've ever know (Paulo Bento)... the list goes on. We would end up in 7th place in the league only one or 2 years latter.

yeah from that stat it looks like this was a successful season for English football in the CL, while it was anything but