I failed my first semester of college Sup Forums

I failed my first semester of college Sup Forums.

Do you want to know what the most soul crushing part of this is? I actually tried. I went to tutoring, I got help from other students, and I went to recitation.

Suicide. Any tips and tricks?

Street heroin > od

Join the military.

hey bro i just got out of the military and im back in my first semester in school (i'm 27 now) it was really hard to retrain my brain to doing school work and studying and memorizing everything. the trick really is to find out what the best method of studying is for every class. each one is different and theres many ways to go about studying for each one. Talk to the kids in school and not just about help with the work but help with how they study and what worked best for them for certain classes. Its only one semester don't give up that easily we all fuck up from time to time, all depends on how we go about it to do it right

Get a fucking grip OP. Dumb people do fine in life.

>Dumb people do fine in life
unfortunately

actually i failed too

chill bro

you are young

try again or go to a different college etc.

speak with your friends and family openly.

Dude, suicide is for the weak. Get a fucking part time job, take online courses for an associates in business management, literally the EASIEST course you can take. Then you can get a base level management position pretty much anywhere. 4 year college is literally overrated due to the sheer number of students versus the jobs available. There is a fairly sizable portion of graduates that never find work in associated fields anyways. Go for something basic and steady then work the rest of your life like most other people.

OP its never too early to ditch college and start robbing drug dealers

and by base level management, i mean one or two steps above floor workers in factories or retail.

Put a tool belt on like I did at 19. Became an electrician and I now work for the city of ny. I'm 29. I'm at $56/h

Well OP check it out. I finished university with a STEM degree and for whatever reason I'm not good enough emotionally to find work. I wouldn't say I'm ugly or beta. Pretty average. My issue is that I'm mostly emotionless. People instantly don't trust me or think something is off. I just can't fake the funk to get a good job.

Even when I do fake a personality and it works, I always end up dropping my guard and you can see the instant shift in demeanor.

I make $20 an hour now, but took me so fucking long due to my social disinterest and seemingly lack of desire to progress despite high work ethic and ability.

We all have our flaws.

Adderall or vivanse

I’m a CIS major and didn’t even read a book this semester, I have a 3.8. You’re just retarded OP

56 per hour is absolute shit pay in nyc

don't get dragged down by it user, some things just may not be for you no matter how hard you try
keep going, with patience and determination you'll do well.
you need a place to begin, think of a trade or something you can get involved in, perhaps even volenteer work to get a step upwards in the right direction

56 dollars an hour, not 56k a year.

life is about to find out how far you can go.
reaching the limit always hurts, but pushing the limit is what seperates the weak from the strong.
you are not the fastest, not the smartest. so what? become better at what you can do.

Don't trip, faggot. I failed every class my first semester of college. Look at me now, I'm just a semester away from earning my bachelors. If you can't find the strength to succeed for yourself, then do it for your parents. If you fail they fail. Who wants to disappoint the only people in their life who will ever actually care about them? Just take your licks and kill it this next spring semester when you're on academic probation. Your point of failing beginnings where you concede.

Go to community College for then first 2 years. It's cheaper by like 1000% percent so you won't bankrupt yourself, and you can figure out if college is even for you. I spent $50k in college tuition and I'm making $70k a year. Meanwhile the guy that did my ac work is a high school graduate that owns his own company and clears at least 3 times that.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that college is your only way to have a future.

College isnt for everyone. I was forced to go to university by my parents and now have a job I could be doing with just a Community College degree (computer repair). I wish I had stopped at community college and just pursued my trade, Id probably be making almost double what I do now.

*finding out
sorry, my bad

yeah OP this. You're just in a dark phase. You need to look in the mirror and accept what happened and work harder or change something.

What a retard, how the fuck do you fail as a freshman?

>I failed my first semester of college Sup Forums.
So? I graduated with good grades, doesn't mean shit. I have a lot of friends who went to trade school, got certs, enlisted, worked their way up in a basic entry job, etc

NYC is shit

Hey OP you could always sext this nigger

just write out notes fag, you can learn everything if youre not retarded. worst case you just learn to answer the stupid exam papers the way they want and youll scrape marks “for trying”

why

This, pretty much find your strengths and go with them. It's okay to be dumb, don't be depressed, in a way it can be a real blessing. You never need to worry about the big decisions.

Just because your grandma told every one that you were smart, you now know, you are not. College is not for everyone, in fact the people who know not to go are smarter than you. It was a hard expensive lesson....but you now know the answer. It's kinda like all those times you call someone a retard, then have that moment where you think...."maybe I am retard?". Good luck user.

lol... op... your forgetting one thing... the curve.

wait until those grades are posted... and when all else fails, talk to the prof or retake the class.

I get that you would embellish the truth for your mom or whatever, but don't lie to Sup Forums. You didn't apply yourself half as hard as you should have. Most of your time was probably spent watching YouTube videos and jacking off to trap por while you should have been reading for your classes. You waited until the last minute to do everything and that's why you bombed.

Dont feel bad, I'm in my very late years of life, and my genocide of the jews didn't pan out. I still have money and a beach house. Life's good mein dude

Transfer to a school that better fits you.

Don't worry, OP. I fucked up worse. I was expelled only six weeks into college for violence.

I'm surprised rats in new York city have the internet.

You don't need to read books in CIS you retard. That's like a gender studies bitch bragging that she didn't do math

Don't worry bro....completing my masters of science in chemistry was one of the hardest and most challenging things I ever had to do. You don't have to worry about that.....lucky.

Go to a shooting range and shoot yourself in the head. Using a stronger weapon makes your survival less likely. Sign up to be an organ donor beforehand if you want to do something good for other people.

But seriously you should just become a NEET and enjoy life.

>bragging about a masters in chem on 4cgan
Was the doctorate too hard for you? Get on my level dumb-dumb

Not hard, PI left for another school and took research with him. Got Job though.

Pfft, baby bones.

Rise and try again. If not college, something else. You can be a success if you have a vision and put your mind to it.

We believe in you.

Don't worry. Real life (aka work) is 10 times easier and full of people who don't do shit.

It's not hard to be better then someone not doing a shit or caring about anything!

Make sure to apply for jobs you find interesting and make sure to convey how motivated you are on any interviews and why they should hire you over some dickhead who studied but think everything in life is free and who won't make an effort or impact.

Real managers care very little about what actual education you got but are always looking for passion, motivation and a great personality which win over academic achievements 100 times out of 100.

this or whatever
I work in trading company where you can earn a lot if you're good at it, I'm about 60% when it comes to profit but I make up it up with quality I provide, always being on time, always being prepared
my point is the company is constantly hiring but leaving only the best employees, most of the people isn't good enough so they got fired after few months, not everybody is good for everything, you just have to find your stuff, most people are looking for decades if not all life, fuck college is waste of the time and money anyway
when comes to employment 3 years of college is usually worth 6 months of experience on that job, and after few years they have to hire you, you are better then other candidates, you find joy in little things in life like video games, alcoholism or cheating on your wife

consider yourself lucky, get a job in skilled trades and get payed to learn instead of pay to learn

OP here.

Funny enough. ENGINEERIng chemistry is what did me in. I got an A in marine engineering but I do now half of the chem final.

It's the first semester. Take this as a learning experience as to how your habits and mentality failed you. Sometimes you have to do even more than going to section and asking other students. It's not fair but if you want to succeed then you sometimes have to work harder than others.

Self testing also goes a long way. It fucking sucks and is boring as hell, but it does help a lot. Also, if you feel like you do have a mental health issue, get it taken care of immediately. It's only going to hurt your grades more as you go on.

Worst comes to worst you have to repeat a semester. You can make this up because you have three summers before your senior year, and if you can't then there's no shame in not graduating in eight semesters. Good luck user.

no big deal
failed math last year. did the exam this year and passed
got a new math exam coming up, probably going to fail, but ill just deal with it next year again
will probably take me 5 years instead of 3 to get a bachelor, but who the fuck cares

* I didn’t know half of the Chem final

It just takes practice anonsky, there are more people in this boat than you think. Experiment and find your style. Also, let me guess, chemistry?

Yup engineering chem.

Should switch your major to a general degree or business. Go to community college and get your grades up.

Pick up a trade...all the technical engineering, without all the thinking.

Perseverance and determination are the most important skills you can develop in life.
Stick with it, if it takes a year longer, it doesn't matter in the long run. Everything will become more possible afterwards.
By working hard you have improved, despite not passing the first time. Therefore by continuing to work hard, you will continue to improve.
Think of it like a driving test, most people don't pass first time, but they do become better each time and by continuing to practise.

I earn six figures cleaning toilets.
I'm 21.

the world needs ditch diggers too

7 years later

>Look at me now, I'm just a semester away from earning my bachelors

It's sad when niggers can get Cs in school and you cant.

If you think you need college to succeed in life you are an idiot. I'm 35, have only a high school education, and i make more than my wife who has a master's. Some of the brightest and richest people in the world either dropped out of college or never went. It beats the hell out of being a slave to student loan debt for 10 to 30 years of your life!

what's your profession?

SPARTAAAANS!

I failed college, too. You can always go back if you suddenly evolve into a functional human being. Lucky you for the first semester. I failed out after, like, 7.

If you think you need college to succeed in life you are an idiot. I'm 35, have only a high school education, and i make more than my wife who has a master's. Some of the brightest and richest people in the world either dropped out of college or never went. It beats the hell out of being a slave to student loan debt for 10 to 30 years of your life!

>this
I started out at university to become a psychologist and after the first semester I knew I couldn't do 8-10 years of school so I transferred to a local community college for electrical systems tech, a 1.5 year program. I graduate at the end of the summer and I'm lining up a job installing security cameras that averages 56k a year as a single nigga with zero experience

did you actually pay attention in class and do your hw? if you did and still failed, learn a skilled trade. faster and easier and still make good money. college isnt for everyone

that's what he said lol

Maybe yuze just dumb. Education ain't for everyone you know. Truck driving awaits, friend.