I've received these two bills as change today. Wtf is it? Is it fake money? Monopoly money?

I've received these two bills as change today. Wtf is it? Is it fake money? Monopoly money?

My autistic self couldn't ask

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8c8dfa00oWk&list=RDMM8c8dfa00oWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno op, looks pretty real

How much do they sell for now a days

Yes it is real US currency.

those are real. i have a few myself.

$2 you dumbfuck

You cucks are retarded. Of course it's real.

Valid US currency.
How fucking old are you?

No retard they do not make them anymore so they are worth more for collectors

How come these bills are so rare? Is there a reason behind it

LOL they're worth $2.

Not him but why don't they make them anymore? They make the perfect tip bill.

I get these from the bank regularly to be a hoity toity faggot. If you can find a retard who'll pay $2.50 for them, good for you.

But here in the real world they're worth 2 dollars

This.

If you don't know that $2 bills exist, you don't deserve the fucking change, faggot.

I collect those, im not sure why. Im always pretty shocked when someone actually spends them, just like silver dollars or some shit.

Ever heard the expression "queer as a 2 dollar bill"? Whoever gave you those was trying to tell you something

Damn I havn't seen a silver dollar in ages lol.

Luke dies via force projection fighting Kylo Ren and saving Rey

Probably because I have all of them hoarded up

It's actually $3 bill but.

I have heard they are primted just as often as our $1 bills, but urban myths have made us believe they are rare and special. I believe the Monticello only gives out change in $2 bills and nickles. Save those, while they are just money, they are cool to get your hands on.

inb4

Did you get fired for accepting illegal tender in exchange for goods and services? Because if not you should've been. It's your job to be that "autistic self". Don't sacrifice it for the sake of someone elses 5sec of comfortable interaction.

I also have a silver dollar.

And also a half dollar.

$2 bills are still printed, just not as many as other denominations. There's nothing really special about them.

Damn you, give me those.

they're real! here's mine

They still make them, you're just an uninformed retard.

Always wanted an Eisenhower dollar.

Why does yours have 11 11 11 11 and OP has 12 12 12 12

many years ago, these were (re)-released in 1976 (yes, there are newer ones).

when I was a kid, black people would hoard and spend these on Martin Luther King Jr day, to show off "black spending power", for some fucking reason .

so in mid February, these would be all over the place.

Nowadays, these are newer versions,a nd these are just an oddity,

and I personally use them for chickenshit tipping, like tipping the car wash guy, because no way am I gonna tip the carwash guy $5 for wiping the car dry.

nigger you can walk up to your bank of choice and get a stack of $200 if you want. unless that shit is ancient $2 is $2

print year? dunno.

They are a current circulating denomination. The last series is '95. When the Treasury wants to print more, they will. It's worth only $2, unless it is a star, mule, numerous kinds of errors, or a unique serial number.

neither are silver

us coins before 1964 are 90% silver.

war nickles are 15% silver (1942-45)

the ike dollars are proofs.

EASY MODE way of checking:
look at the edge. if it has 2 layers its zinc. if it has 1 shiny color, its silver

Yup. It's the perfect tip bill. Also, black people will have a bill of thier own soon. The 20 dollar bill will feature a nigress. It'll get released soon.

Those are district numbers, where they were printed. I believe 11 is Dallas and 12 is San Francisco

Jesus Christ there not rare I work for a bank and they still produce them it's just no one uses them except for autistic 40 year old who tip strippers. There useless

So OP bill was printed in the future? Lol. His bill was made in 2003. Can't be printed in 2012.

I guess this person is right

thats sad

speaking of silver dollars, here's mine.

How so?

Embrace it

That's an Eisenhower dollar and a Kennedy half, neither are silver....i have actual silver dollars. Pretty neat. I'd love to have a st Godens golden dollar tho

Never seen that before. Nice... Don't spend it

Fuck, didnt mean that

>tip strippers
thats funny!
I ask for these the rare few times a year I have to go to teller window, becuase I think they are the best "chickenshit tips" when I want to tip more than a dollar, but less than $5, and everyone who gets one does a doubletake, and I dont feel like a jew giving just a dollar.

didnt realize bank tellers think I am gdtting these for strippers, haha.
so that means their is skanky pussy juice permeating the majority of these
>Im okay with that

Beautiful. I'm too lazy to get mine out. I have a 1880 of that coin with the patina rainbow on the back.

Hahaha the others are 40 year old who think their awesome for tipping on a big bill lol. There not cool there just 2 bucks lol.

I stole a chuck e cheese coin

Here's the back, I got this from my grandpa a year before he passed along with a bunch of reichsmarks from WW2 and other countries he visited.

Because it was a retarded idea.

perfect for carwashes and panhandlers, buying 1 beer at the pub, or the bathroom attendant, which is what I do with 90% of them. thats funny, nonetheless.

I am old enuf to remember when they were first re-released in 1976, with the bicentenial back picture, and the black spending power days, and I guess a buck was worth a buck back then, and I still think they are fun, but you are right, they are just two bucks, but I have a childhood memory of 1976

Yes they do make them, I've had friends cash entire paychecks in 2 dollar bills just to get attention tipping at clubs and shit because people like you don't think they're made anymore

They have awesome nastaligia power, and agree great for those things. I've never spent one to be honest, do bars and resteraunts give you a hard time about it?

at the pub, I notice the cash drawer does not have a slot for them (I sit at bar counter), so they probably hate them. they have $3-$5 drink specials at happy hour, and when I get one or two drinks before going home (not enuf for DUI), i feel a $2 tip is just right for 1 guiness

what can you guys tell me about this?

Haha when I was a teller I also just found them annoying, not an issue but yea there's no spot for them lol. Do they ever ask about them or look at them weird

Ain’t nobody gonna accept that, money comes in 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100

2 ain’t one of those amounts...

Go give that shit to a homeless dude and watch his ass get cracked for tryin to pass them off and upload the vid.

Yes. It’s very uncommon though

it looks like a coin. likely metal of some kind. probably old, before the 21st century.

What year is it? Can you post a side picture of the coin? It looks to be maybe a commemorative edition coin, I've never seen anything like it.

this is a 1 troy ounce silver coin (a cheap collectible). No numismatic value, purely silver melt value, these were made in the 1970's, for people to collect silver. havent seen one of these in ages, becuase people tend to collect silver in ingots nowadays

if you want to know what it is worth, just google the wholesale value of 1 troy ounce of .999 silver

> oops, this answer was for you with the
"destiny not dust" 1oz silver coin

those are real you stupid fuck

I did some googling and it is a silver dollar minted by the us, it seems like it wasn't a super popular minting, but it was hard to track down a lot of info. Seems to be called the liberty freedom silver dollar

Reported, have a nice day

Fuck u retard

looks like 1973

your google fu is shit
they are a 1 troy ounce "collectible"
they cannot be used at the 7-11 to buy lotto tix.

they are .999 1 troy ounce of silver

No plus don't report to the authorities... I can't risk prison time... Please..

youtube.com/watch?v=8c8dfa00oWk&list=RDMM8c8dfa00oWk

post some of them reichsmarks will ya

Why the fuck would you take mine you have never seen before? Hey, dummy, you have a $100 bill? I'll give you 6 of these rare b&w $20s I have.

They're worth $2

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

I too live dangerously.

I worked at a gas station last summer and I traded 10 dollars worth of snacks for these dimes. There were more but my boss wanted to keep half.

$2 bill, real, worth $2. They are still produced just not commonly used, you can get stacks of them from banks freshly printed. ones with value will have red or blue seals. or like any other paper currency a unique serial # like someones birthday
ike isn't silver you can buy them super cheap hardly over face value, kennedy is 40% silver.
65-69 kennedy are 40%
thats a morgan dollar. 90% silver, worth 20-30$.one of the most popular types of coins for collectors.
thats a silver oz. not a currency, worth the price of silver. people buy these straight for stacking silver silvertowne dot com updates price of silver and has more you can buy

get on my level
>cheapest souvenir you can buy at disneyland

Here's the oldest ones I could read the date on.

i just found one on ebay for 28$ BIN. its not currency but thats not a bad thing
mercury dimes, nice move. date values can vary but worth about 3$ a piece

don't have pics but can anyone tell me if a $5 coin is a real thing? it looks legit but it says George Bush on it

I found one of these a long time ago in very very very very bad condition. Im from texas

T H I S

need pic, try googling or ebaying it. it might be for another country? say liberia on it maybe

That is a huge desirable effect for collectors currently.. Look up coin "toning" and see the auction results. Saw an early 60's dime (pre 1965) that was nothing special except it had a nice tone to it.. sold for over 6 grand!

lol, I'll give you $10 for it.. cash money..

They printed them in the 80s/90s or something. Next time you go to a bank or get change ask if they have any two dollar bills. Sometimes they do.

red seal $2

They used to make 500 dollar bills too.

it's a $2 bill you corn shuck

.... they still print them.. look at OP pic.. series 2003.. haha.. it's not that they're not printed anymore.. they're just not printed in quantities like other currency (quarters, $1,5,10,etc)

$2 bill used to be used primarily at dog tracks and horse tracks, minimum bet was $2

more of my stuff