Are Valknuts Cursed ?

Are Valknuts Cursed ?

What is a Valknut?

Nevermind, I looked it up.

So, Is it cursed Doctor ?

What do you think it's cursed with?

Ask on /x/

Acetone maybe ?

Not sure, it seems to be an interlinking of slain warriors. I think it symbolizes their everlasting journey through life and death; and also their joining of arms as militarical brothers.

I had a strong feeling of death was coming while wearing it Doctor.

Interesting, did you know the symbolism and meaning behind the Valknut before wearing one? If so, it could just be a subconscious feeling of death linked with the previously implied concepts of these Valknuts.

I should also note that Valknuts were made to commemorate fallen soldiers.

i Somewhat knew what it was Doctor, I took it from work, it was all oxidized and dirty, i cleaned few hours ago.

Do you work at a museum or archaeological site?

Antiques Store

The stuff we sell is not related to German paganism tho, i think this necklace was the only item related.

Hmm. I am no expert in things possibly cursed, but the Germanics and Old Norse peoples were very religious and quite superstitious in one sense. The Valknut necklace you have could previously been tied to someone that valued it greatly. It seems a bit too new (I know that you cleaned it) to be an old relic, but you may have to take this to /x/. Sorry if I wasn't too much help.

Its not an old relic, it was from the owner,s inventory from his previous store.

I see, may I ask what sense of death you felt? Was it like you were going to die right then and there, or just an overall feeling that people were going to die?

that i was going to die

Did it linger after you took it off?

The Valknut symbolizes Odin's ability to bind men, the power he has over even the greatest of warriors. Val means "slain", as in fallen in battle, in Old Norse and knut means knot, as in something tied/bound.

wearing it shows allegiance and obedience to Odin, accepting your future fate as Einhejrer -a slain warrior who dwells in Valhalla until Rægnaråk -The Twilight of The Gods, where you fight for the Asir and the Vanir against the Jættir (Giants).

if you're looking for protection, wear Mjolnir -Thor's Hammer.

The Valknut is not protection, it binds you to Odin and your fate will be sealed.

År og Fred, Reginn Òll Ginheilliger Gód.

regards, a Dane.

This is way better than anything I would have found.

well, now you know why you sensed death. Odin is farther of the Gods, giver of life and the wisest of all.. but, also Farther of The Dead, Valfader, in Danish and Old Norse.

OP here, That was someones else comment

Not OP, I was just admiring your knowledge and work. I was the original "sleuth," but I wouldn't have come to that conclusion.

I hope you do fine OP, I would definitely suggest trying what other user suggested.

Good luck

ah, my bad. But hey, now you know.