Let's talk about Japan, the country that has solely ripped off Western rock, American Metalcore and Deathcore...

Let's talk about Japan, the country that has solely ripped off Western rock, American Metalcore and Deathcore, underground indie, US pop music, and the bands of Latin America while weebs on here like to pretend they've made anything original, groundbreaking, or interesting and not just shitty attempts at imitating bands that have done far more for music than they have and will ever do in their existence as a people. You weeaboos are incapable of properly judging music as once there is an asian person involved, your interest is piqued. I'm not sure who should be more ashamed of themselves, these Japanese "musicians" who steal all their ideas or you weebs who eat it up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=97cNTLuRs-s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

weeaboo please. let's not.

Latin America has never produced anything of worth.
Retard.

Latin American here, the only worthwhile music I can think of that has come of Latin America post-Bossa Nova is the weird post-punk scene that sprouted up towards the mid to late 80's, and even then that's full of duds.

>Let's talk about the consumer oriented sale of music as a commodity which is a capitalist industry
>Because of its origin, anyone from outside of America who works within it is a talentless hack because I force imaginary national boundaries over work because I'm xenophobic and/or desperate to take vicarious pride in the work of my countrymen
Fuck off, brainlet

I thought everyone knew Japan was more innovators than inventors.

Japan is the biggest music market in the world, bud. So your "reeeee capitalist imperialism" argument falls apart there.

so we're pretending gagaku doesn't exist? that the shamisen, the koto, and many other instruments didn't exist before the west came in contact with japan? please take your poor bait elsewhere

>reading comprehension
since when are we talking about traditional music?

>weebs on here like to pretend they've made anything original
>anything

you've said nothing to limit the topic to popular music.

I never mentioned traditional music. Do you even know what board you are on? The amount of people on Sup Forums that listen to traditional music is little to none. Also, since when do weebs listen to traditional music? Stop kidding yourself. If you can't take the implication then maybe you need to go back to middle school.

>I-I wasn't m-making stupid sweeping generalizations to maks my ignorance, i-it was all implied!

sure kiddo

Cultural appropriation means they like you.

and Western rock ripped off Afro-Caribbean Blues/Jazz, cry more fag

Did you read that post at all?
>The Japs didn't invent my commodity music
>'yeah, either did anyone else you listen to. It's not like Coldplay are good because they come from the same place as the Beatles'
>Japanese people buy things too!
It's like you can't even read, man, wtf is wrong with you?

Read my post again, I mentioned the genres I am talking about at the beginning of my post. I would have included "classical music" or "traditional music" in that grouping if I was talking about that too. Also, I've posted this same sentiment not too long ago (pic related) and included the specification "since the 60s." I'm sorry I left that specificity out this time around and you couldn't take the obvious implication.

"solely ripped off" implies that anything they've made since the 60s has been a ripoff of american rock, indie and metal, which is hilariously untrue as well. where are you taking your b8?

yes, anything new that they have introduced in their country since the 60s has been a rip off.

yawn

even louder yawn

>ew

Weebs leave this board

tango and bossa nova are miles better than the shitty city pop, shibuya-kei and japanese shoegaze you fucking poseurs listen to

Blues ripped of British and Irish folk music.

jorge ben, antonio carlos jobim

Anti-weebs are just as bad as weebs. So scared to enjoy anything Japanese because you might be branded as a weeaboo.

>City pop
>Free improvisation (invented by Group Ongaku in 1960, before AMM)
>Turntable music (as a form of free improvisation)
>Harsh Noise
>Onkyokei
>Microsound

guys, let's not bully him anymore

The edge

>incapable of properly judging music
Says the retard who needs others to tell him what to even think

Weebs are mentally ill. They go through their whole lives wearing yellow tinted glasses.

Pretty much every person lives with some adopted personality, weebs just stand out to you because you idolise anglophonic media. Sure it's fucking sad that they see Japan as some wonderland but it's not like anyone who idolises people for recording sounds is any better.

Sad are the fags who deny Japan's wonders

youtube.com/watch?v=97cNTLuRs-s

>implying anything sounded like this before 1982
japan invented ambient pop

>it's ok when Japan does it

this

/jp/ is not a Japan board

lol

please don't go around saying shit like this

>Latin America has never produced anything of worth.
What a story, Mark

>OP complains about weebs
>calls him a weeb
really activates my almonds...

There's a surf/protopunk band from peru that's pretty good called Los Saicos
Brazilian music has some gems despite being a turd nowadays

I think you missed the point I was making.

which was?
my dude blues is older than sound recording technology and thus, the commercial music industry. the phrase "ripped off" is completely irrelevant and useless in any convo about it except if only to display that you're totally ignorant to the folk process of rural musicians.

Oh, so you were taking my comment literally? I was making a facetious comment to point out that rock wasn't a ripoff of Afro-Caribbean music. While undoubtedly a huge influence on it, there were other influences at play besides that.

weak-ass point and nonsensical execution. next.

kek

it is to weebs

city pop is just a weeb version of adult contemporary

microsound as a concept has been used in western avant-garde music before weebs got hold of it

can't say much about the rest but I bet they're also wrong

/thread

t. thinks ryo fukui is a genius while never ever listening to any bill evans

Whites invent shit, japs perfect it.

debussy million times better

whites invent shit then degnerate it, and then japan picks the pieces up and improves on it but it never reaches the peak it was once at.

this

Lol @ idiots like you making this broad generalizations. Imagine bringing this up in a conversation in real life holy fuck.

>biggest music market in the world
>not the USA
You done fucked up 'bud'

>American Metalcore and Deathcore
imagine caring about these

>implying America didn't rip off from Britain and blacks

Noise was revolutionized by the japanese though.
They became and remain the standard against which all others are judged.

Uhhhh... No Wave scene? Vzyadoq Moe?

Yeah, everyone creams themselves over the latin american no wave scene

>Latin America has never produced anything of worth.
despaaaacitoo, honestly tho just kys for your shit opinion.

Citation needed

Reminder chinks can't get into industrial that isn't loud random noises (ie power electronics and noise)