I need your help Sup Forums

I need your help Sup Forums

I have never used a mechanical keyboard. Always thought they were needlesly expensive and that they gave no real tangible advantages, and broke down just as easily. I've still got a membrne HP keyboard weighng over 2kg from 90s and it still works like a charm and keys feel amazing.

However, I got a smaller desk. I need a TKL keyboard and there are literally NONE on the market except for mechanical. I tried some budget ones at the store and they were a let down. Redragon K552 and Genesis Thor 300 had wobbly keys and a lazy space button. Rapoo V500 was a bit better but it has Poo in it's name, so I dont feel like dropping 60USD on it. Here in Serbia that's like 4 days of work so... I don't feel I am rich enough to buy a shit product.

I took to searching online for some real Cherry MX sort of stuff.

I have an opportunity to buy a Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S with brown switches. Seller won it in a giveaway of some sorts, didnt like how small it was. It has no warranty, and he is sellling it for 70USD. Should I go for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

duocom.rs/sr/proizvod/razer-blackwidow-chroma/40096
duocom.rs/sr/proizvod/razer-blackwidow-x-chroma/42908
duocom.rs/sr/proizvod/razer-blackwidow-x-tournament-chroma-rz03-01770100-r3m1/43474
amazon.com/dp/B01CVOLFUG/
youtube.com/watch?v=CVtjCbpW7as
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i recommend the Razer BlackWidow X Ultimate with military grade metal construction and razer green switches. nice and heavy and best keyboard ive ever used.

i bought it for 79.99

don’t fall for the gaming meme

Just bought this. It has Cherry Reds, and it's great for vidya. I'd stick to blue for long periods of typing though.

IF any respectable brnd sold a mechanical keyboard for 79$ new I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

However, prices here put it at ~220USD

If you dont believe me check the link. This shit is ridiculous.

duocom.rs/sr/proizvod/razer-blackwidow-chroma/40096

Recently got a logitech g610 orion brown, like it so far and got media keys.

Those do look awesome, but I need a TKL keyboard, which wont cost me more than 90$.

They can't. Prices in Serbia are higher even though we are paid less.

Also if I order anything online, I have to pay for shipping, 10% import tax and VAT of 20%, making whatever I order cost the same as anything in a store, just with waiting time, and a chance it would get destroyed, lost or stolen during shipping.

actually the difference is the base has a metal construction and the keys standup rather than siting inline from the base

this model is similar but is a chroma model (more expensive):

duocom.rs/sr/proizvod/razer-blackwidow-x-chroma/42908

see

Just don't buy anything from Logitech and you'll be fine. I would recommend HyperX Alloy Pro TKL. Beside little tacky keycaps, it's almost perfect.

>Redragon K552

This is actually a really good budget mechanical.

oh, this one is also the same type of model (metal military grade construction and stand-up keys, looks like a slightly more compact form factor though)

duocom.rs/sr/proizvod/razer-blackwidow-x-tournament-chroma-rz03-01770100-r3m1/43474

same keyboard with images shown on american amazon web interface

amazon.com/dp/B01CVOLFUG/

Blue switches all the way. I write code 10hrs a day so consider the right keyboard to be important. I have a das keyboard which costed me about 150$ iirc. I also make 130k/yr so it wasn't exactly a huge chunck of my income. Im still sble to save about 50% of what i make so i can stop working before my mid 40s despite purchases like that keyboard which are rare for me because im very disciplined with money.

You're in a diff situation op. You don't make a lot of money but can still live on less so you can one day not have to work. But probably not if you buy expensive keyboards. Id tough it out with a cheap one if i were you. You dont really need one and it's not worth the % of your life you worked to earn money for it.

>military grade

What does that even mean? It can survive being cumed on by a goat fucking taliban with lower ph in his semen?

>mechanical keyboard
nigga what the fuck are you talking about?
why do you keep qualifying the keyboard? how many different types of keyboards are there?

Keyboards are like death metal. Thousands of genres and sub genres but you're still a faggot no matter which one you settle on.

There are membrane and mechanical, retard.

Do what i do
>Use tech until it breaks or degrades
>Replace or upgrade with 4-5 star equipment
Do not complicate your life

The amazon one would be affordable in a stretch, but over here I gotta pay almost double, so it doesn't work for me.

Hahaha, Logitech did get worse over the years. I know the HyperX is good, but I just don't have the 160$ money for something I used to pay 20$ tops.

I saw the reviews, and although they are good, when I tried it, it just felt shit. Keys wobbled left and right, space, shift caps lock and tab buttons all felt different and clicked a lot louder, while needing less pressure to activate. It felt cheaper than almost anything I ever used, and I used the cheapest things that exist.

Matori, cemu komplikacije? Uzmi koju god

Thanks for the advice, but I will have to work most of my life unfortunately. Pensions aren't what they used to be. And they were never great. Food prices here are the same as anywhere else in Europe or USA, so...

You may be right indeed. I'd still buy a membrane kb, but there are no TKL models on sale. Only some bluetooth tv stuff, which is really really bad.

I keep justifying the cost by adding up all the money i paid for cheap shit which broke down. Maybe a mechanical keyboard will last longer and save some money that way?
Also optical switches.

I have an aluminum chiclet kb atm, with the Z key broken off, and the F2 button permanently activated. I think it is time I get something better.

Kad bi imao prostora za veću koristio bi onu HP tastaturu. To čudo je neuništivo. Ovako, jedino što mi ostaje jeste neka bez numpada, a sve takve su Ili skupa bluetooth sranja ili mehaničke.

Realno dal bi puko 7000 na polovnu (kvalitetnu) mehaničku tastaturu?

>membrane
youtube.com/watch?v=CVtjCbpW7as
I shit you not, I gave you benefit of the doubt and watched all 3 minutes and 23 seconds of this video elaborating the """"""differences"""""" between the two.
A course of action I greatly regret taking and i can safely say I sincerely hope you are killed in a car accident where the person you love is the other driver

>I have an aluminum chiclet kb atm, with the Z key broken off, and the F2 button permanently activated. I think it is time I get something better.
Time for an upgrade

6 million click lifetime on membrane keyboards vs 50+ million on mechanical ones.

I think the 10x the lifetime plus better experience is largely worth 5-6x the price.

Yeah but would you pay 70$ for an unused CoolerMaster Pro S without the warranty?

>Yeah but would you pay 70$ for an unused CoolerMaster Pro S without the warranty?
I would have to look into it.

New is 120$ and its too pricey at that point, this one is 40% less.

I'm asking is if the 70$ price is justified even if it has no warranty? OFC i wll check it before buying for any faults.

100% this All those bells and whistles are fucking useless.

Do any of the keys stick to the frame on your g610? Like capslock F keys etc

40% off is a good deal.

>I liked one of them but it has poop in its name
kek. Way to stick it to the Indians, pushing their agenda. Good on ya.

Even with no warranty? Would you trust CM enough?

:-DD they are chinese actually