Every LEO that I personally know is kind of dumb. Most of them are generally nice people, but just not very bright...

Every LEO that I personally know is kind of dumb. Most of them are generally nice people, but just not very bright. Is this common in law enforcement or is it just coincidence that all the ones I personally know are like that

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836
youtu.be/xY48e1oDXSU?t=7m56s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most people in general are stupid. Police are no exception.

Fpbp

Average IQ of American LEOs is above average (and that's just for patrol cops) so statistically, the people are more likely to be less intelligent than American cops.

If you really want to find unintelligent people, then talk to a gun owner. They tend to have below average IQs. This is purely statistical though.

The smartest cops I know they have a self realization that they are only a peg up from the niggers they patrol for. It’s kind of sad actually

ITT user attempts to rustle jimmies but actually ends up demonstrating that generalization is meaningless due to the vast amount of statistical variation in human beings

Because the really smart people that want to get into law enforcement become prosecutors.

Smart cops get promoted and you don't really see them out and about

Lol, my dad was a cop for a bit and said the best insult to a regular officer was to say "oh, you seem a bit old to not have made sergeant yet"

holy shit do you watch rick and morty? Me too

>cop detected

Here we go again

I knew a guy whose dad had been a cop for 20+ years and was still doing patrol work, I’m pretty sure he still hasn’t made sergeant. He was one of the nicest/stupidest people I’ve ever met and his son didn’t fall far from the tree

They tend to not know what the laws actually are

There are plenty of dumb cops just like any other profession, but there’s honestly a lot to being an effective patrolman (e.g. knowledge of laws, when you have probable cause for arrest, when you can search, agency policies, tactics, effective communication, ability to escalate/de-escalate, etc.) There’s a high learning curve.

I knew 2 smart cops. They got promoted really fast and don't interact with the public anymore. The cops most people interact with are either every level, or not progressing.

Its because they're NPCs, user

Does that make being black playing on hard mode?

If you consider -3 to intelligence and +3 to agility as "hard mode", then yes.

FFS, so incredibly many laws. Everybody has a tendency to not know what they actually are, aside from any particular areas they're interested enough to research.

>A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.
abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

I know warrenton, is there any info on this image, op?

>Average IQ of American LEOs is above average
Yeah, but the average is dumb as shit.

No, but I’m originally from Warrenton and I remember the Warrenton PD being a bunch of assholes. Fauquier County Sheriff Dept is cool though, they’re basically just a bunch of good ol’ boys who can’t be bothered to write a speeding ticket for anything less than reckless driving.

Believe me, no matter how stupid a cop is, their stupidity pales in comparison to the stupidity of some of the citizens they have to deal with.

Ikr, did you go to fauquier hs, if so what graduating class?

Yep, class of 2013

wanna know whats really happening. its not every cop you meet, its every cop you meet seeing you, recognizing you for what you are, and talking slowly, surely and avoiding difficult concepts because of your attitude. your the flat earther, the sovereign citizen. everything about you so clearly and easily reveals this no officer has been tricked by you it.

As a LEO, in a major department, with a loooot of people..

The average cop isn't dumb, but they do refer to the job as "the 13th grade" for a reason. Pranking each other and doing dumb shit is part of coping and bonding. That being said, the smart ones disappear fast. They end up in specialty units, or promoted and before long are in administrative positions pulling strings.

Again, this is a big city department, not a small town department. Can't speak for those.

dang, I was 2016, I may have seen you freshman year lol

You’re not fooling anyone officer

If you want to get an advanced degree will the dept. cover some tuition?

In smaller departments where everybody knows everybody, there's more likely to be nepotism. Everything is based on reputation and favoritism, but competence is still somewhat considered. At least that's what I've experienced.

As far as OP's question: knowing the law and how to apply it, understanding a force continuum and when it's appropriate to use it, making decisions more difficult than anyone else will have to make in their life in a split second, knowing every road in the city and which times to take which road because the other is too busy at the time, and knowing where everyone in your squad is at all times based on radio traffic, constantly hearing and deciphering radio traffic while listening to the idiot in front of you at the same time, perhaps even monitoring multiple frequencies at once, etc... Doing all this on a daily basis, while likely being tired because of having to work hella overtime, and hungry because it's too busy for a lunch break and those asshole city councilmen won't give you enough money to hire more officers.

This shit requires a ton of multitasking and it's mentally draining. An idiot can't do the job, at least not effectively, but unfortunately we still end up with them because it's a shit paying job. It may not be book knowledge but it's a different type of knowledge. I've met people who are both geniuses and people I wouldn't even think about fucking with, to people who are dumb as a doornail and only got hired because they can speak Spanish.

>Gun owners statistically have lower IQ
Not trying to troll but this makes sense. A lot of "Gun Owners" tend to be poor. Mind you a "Gun Owner" can be Bubba out in the middle of bumbfuck no where who only uses his Savage Axis in 30-06 to hunt durr and this probably makes up a good chunk of gun owners. Not to mention any amount of Crime-Afilliated-Negroids that own weapons tend to be of lower IQ as well. Richer folks tend to be the smarter ones and with wealth usually comes security, hence they don't buy guns because they feel safe. That said I'd rather hang out with a stupid Redneck than a hoity toity smart talkin college educated Liberal 99% of the time.

>talking slowly
This is what dumb people think dumb people do. Also, I’m friends with most of the cops that I know personally. I’ve been friends with one since grade school. I like hanging out with him but he has always been the 2nd dumbest guy in our friend group and we all give him shit for it, just like he gives us shit for other stuff. It’s not exactly a secret. The only cop that I know whom I’m not friends with is my friend’s dad, and he is without a doubt the dumbest guy I’ve met. He’s a really nice, sociable family man and he just has no common sense. He does shit like turn off his car while he’s ordering food at a drive through because he thinks it saves gas. Again, I’m not saying all cops are dumb, I’m asking if this is a common phenomenon or not.

>shit paying job

most of the big city depts I know of pay really well tho

>he thinks it saves gas
It does dumbass, unless your car is from the 80s. There are some Mercedes and BMWs that turn off automatically if you idle at a stop for more than 5 seconds, then start up when you hit the pedal, and they save a shit ton of gas.

Lol maybe, I actually just finished up college. Warrenton is a great place to grow up but I’m ready to get out of here

Yeah, in suburban Portland after overtime you're talking 6 figures. Civil servants are the only servants I'm aware of that make above the median.

If you live in commieland where they tax the shit out of you, then yeah they put a lot of money into public works. But that means you have to enforce commie laws.

In typical states it's more like you start anywhere from 38-50k, then you're supposed to move up on a pay table but you never actually get the raises. Everyone's actually making like 10k less than the averages they advertise on the internet.

lol it does save gas you idiot and you dont have to hear your car whining loud.

Not really though. Start your car on an idle with a full tank. Leave it over night, it's got a half tank.

But having less gas makes it lighter and thus more efficient, which saves gas.

Start your car with a full tank. Turn it off. Come back the next morning, full tank
>it doesn't save gas you guize.

>If you really want to find unintelligent people, then talk to a gun owner.

This. /k/ is retarded as fuck and most are noguns to begin with.

It's like watching /k/ in action.

The amount of gas you save is so negligible it’s basically nothing, definitely not worth the time to turn off/on your engine at a restaurant for a 10 second order. Also
>don’t have to here your car whine
You might have some issues with your car dude

Yeah I know what you mean. Congrats on graduating, where was it?

UVA

T. 2 liter i4 driver.

Nice, man! Hope you get a cool job to get all the funs you want and to get out of VA!

Unless you have a cracked belt you shouldn’t be hearing a “whine” when your car is idling

it takes more gas to restart your car than to keep it running. shutting it off and starting it again is also very hard on the engine

>free food and housing
>hard mode

Come on user

Cop here: this

Really? Damn. I know the advertised starting salary for Seattle PD is like $75k

Where'd you hear this fantastic piece of fudd lore?
>fuel required to start the engine is the fuel that would be pumped into the cylinder during every single stroke
>a small explosion inside of your engine is harder on it than a sustained small explosion
This may have been true in 1980 but it isn't anymore. A lot of cars automatically turn off the engine when the car idles for more than a few seconds. Hybrids dynamically turn the engine on and off while you're moving. Uninstall life, gen x'er.

>your the
i wouldn’t be calling other people stupid if i were you

so u drive a hybrid pussy?

I have a cop friend, some of them simply don't want anymore responsibility than they have to deal with. They do the job well, and come home each night, and survive long enough to retire and move on to something easier and less stressful. Promotion means more headaches, and political BS as you move up the ranks, I completely get it.

I’d take more responsibility and politics over writing tickets and handcuffing dirty drug addicts any day desu

In my dept? Yeah, I'm on a fast-track for promotions and specialization now, but anyone can get the tuition assistance, just takes the time to fill out the application.

I guess the pay depends where you are, I make decent money, and in a few years I'll be making great money.

I do in fact commute with my girlfriend's sonata hybrid. 40 MPG at 240 horsepower is plenty for getting to work and back. Do you enjoy wasting your ammo money on gas? How's your 120 horse, carbureted pickup running these days? Blown up any mufflers this month?

But any truck made past the 70s is a pussy truck!

Civil law enforcement is entry tier. Most are above average and have a civil degree. Next rung is state police and federal police, these guys require a grad degree plus a detective equivalency, so average IQ is around 115 to 120. When you get to foreign service and operations groups, you get turbo autism and base entrants usually have 2+ languages, a grad degree or PhD and some really odd research interests.

I too enjoy 5k RPM at 80 miles an hour. Sucks gas harder than a starving Cambodian ladyboy sucks cock.

my army buddies and i pissed on someones hybrid once

Don't forget that it spews manly exhaust and needs an hour of manly maintenance for every hour of operation!

I drive a Honda Fit and I don't give a shit if some turd burglar thinks it's manly or not.

Whoa, cool! Did you hold his dick while he held yours?

You did God's work, sir.

nah

You missed out. Nothing says brothers in arms more than holding a man's dick while he pisses on a car.

>state police
>grad degree
Idk what state you’re from but in Virginia most state troopers either have an Associates degree or BA at the most

I should clarify, the ones with an AS degree usually have military experience to compensate for less time in higher education

Yeah, this. There's nothing wrong with being fucking retarded, most people on /k/ are fucking retarded, with the exception of Oppenhimer. Shit just happens.

shit, was for

i work in a gun store in the south,and usually even the dumbest hood rat customer knows how to properly clear a firearm before they bring it in to sell it, so us being handed a weapon after being told "don't worry its unloaded" is pretty uncommon. Except for this week, where two police officers on two different occasions brought us in their "unloaded" firearms only for us to clear it ourselves and find a round in the chamber. I mean shit like that is why we make sure to get the gun in our hands asap so we can clear it personally, but when the two unintentionally loaded guns to enter our store in five months both come from fucking local law enforcement, it really bums you out.

I'm not a cop but my agency gives a very generous education reimbursement to any employee including police as long as the degree is somewhat related to your job.

Obviously every jurisdiction or agency will differ.

In PA, they will accept Associates in Cosmetology with zero military experience.

I know because I processed 2-3 groups of cadet files and examined said files extensively.

I cannot tell you how many times I would skim through a file and say, "How'd a muppet like you pass selection?"

It's always amusing to see them just barely pass with their bullshit lies about never having done drugs.

Then there was the one guy in his 40's. He marked that he'd done every kind of drug 100+ times between the ages of 15 and 30. Even whilst admitting a history of using drugs, you're golden so long as you've been clean ten years...aka, lie. Polygraphs are unreliable as fuck. Even the most obvious lies manage to pass if they go in with a sense of calm. It was pretty infuriating to read their answers on both the written and polygraph tests.

Not to mention the number of times they drive like wreckless fucks, are actually the one at fault, and even when they pull over, forget to park, and the patrol car hits a fire hyrdrant, nope, still not their fault. It was the fault of the fire hydrant, or a civilians car for being there.

For guys who like to preach to kids about taking responsibility, I've never seen a workforce avoid personal responsibility en masse to such an asanine extent.

Working with State Police made me decide real damn quick that I never want to be a police officer, regardless of level. If I did, it would be extremely temporary, just to say I did it.

PS their cafeteria had the most monstrously sized baked potatoes on Wednesdays or Thursdays. Real steamed brocolli, melted cheddar cheese, sour cream, and freshly pan fried then crushed bacon bits... Can't lie, I'd go back for those taters...

It's nice when you run into a difficult situation when you can defer responsibility for making a decision to the guy higher on the ladder, there is extra stress in being the highest level guy on duty.

dumb people don't ask questions, they just follow orders. Ideal for military, police...
nothing new here.

reminds me of this angry speech
youtu.be/xY48e1oDXSU?t=7m56s

This. Intelligent people tend to lead and criticize. Military and police needs stupid sheeps which obey.

Anybody ever suck a cop's dick? I always imagine their cocks would be ice cold