youtube.com/watch?v=OJbKvvf4B_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

none of them

inb4 nas
inb4 wu tang
inb4 iquid swords
inb4 mos def
it's all bad

Both your picture and your words are good choices, friend. If you like 3 feet and havent heard UMCs you might like them. Similar sound.

I'll go with Cool Calm Pete - Lost

yeah this is great
I really like the sampling on 3FH, it's a shame that copyright crackdown has killed much of it

Gonna go with Lil B - I'm gay

'll check it out. Thanks brother

saw someone call this "boring" on here the other day. I don't understand this board sometimes

>inb4 west coast east coast beef??

Someone has to be "that guy" to post Kanye so I'll be it

>mos def
>bad
wew

shoulda posted yeezus

youtube.com/watch?v=BZQl3fO255E

such an overrated fucking album

the ones where they produce their own music

daily reminder that sampling was invented by rock musicians

Incorrect.

post your favorite song from the album

youtube.com/watch?v=uvzkoEppPwc

yeah... just as i remembered, it's a forgettable project (haha).

3 feet high is a fine album but it's a 7/10 at best. the other hiphop being released around the late 80s is so completely superior in every way. it takes a nation of millions, paul's boutique, people's instinctive travels, straight outta compton.... all of these leave me with no reason to revisit 3 feet high.

I guess it was a lot of peoples' first alternative hiphop album so they're fond of it

If you consider "fine" to be 7/10 I think you've done my job of discrediting you for me.

>it takes a nation of millions
>straight outta compton
>ATCQ
zzz

9.8/10
5.3/10
9.4/10
9.5/10
9.2/10

Not even tcd

In my personal opinion these are the records that no other rap album can touch:

Nas: Illmatic
Jay Z: Reasonable Doubt
Wu Tang Clan: Enter the Wu Tang 36 Chambers
Kanye West: Late Registration
Kendrick Lamar: Good Kid Maad City/To Pimp a Butterfly
Atmosphere: When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint that Shit Gold

Many other albums are incredible, but these albums to me have yet to be topped in the genre. Honorable mentions are Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP, Del's Deltron 3030, Biggie's Ready to Die and Kanye's Late Registration.

*Kanye's College Dropout

PSYCHO IN THE
PSYCHO IN THE
PSYCHO IN THE
PSYCHO IN THE
PSYCHO IN THE CUT WITH THE MASK AND THE PISTOL GRIP

its popularity is deserved
as much as i am insecure about liking a popular album (biggest insecurity of Sup Forumstants)
it is OBJECTIVELY the greatest album in the history of rap so far

gkmc is obviously inferior sonically and isnt as grand

Replace Reasonable Doubt with Low End Theory and swap Dropout and Registration and this is my list.

including Atmosphere? I've never seen anyone actually put that on their list

these

here's another one

Me Against the World was better.

Nah.

Yeah, actually. Super underrated. Also wanna add Funcrusher Plus by Company Flow and The Infamous by Mobb Deep in the honorable mentions, love those two too.

That instrumental for no more pain was way ahead of its time. Well at least for the West Coast

youtube.com/watch?v=O2mCW_swjaE

If there wasn't so much filler I'd agree

fpbp

Agreed about no more pain

White girl turnup music, honestly not rapping is the best thing Gambino's done, Me and Your Mama is a 10/10 song.

where are your albums

Me against the world or all eyes on me are the only correct answers. Ready to die is also acceptable.

Pic Related you plebs

there are 2manymemekids

pic related, Black Up and are close seconds.

this is the one

truly overrated

plebs, pls.

all good

*Blocks your path*

still one of my favs of the decade so far

Wew way to jump on that "other people like something so it's bad" train.

lmao its pretty good just leave it at that

my top 10 br0s

good stuff m8

list me some 2017 shit to listen to

you guys are cool

Laila's Wisdom - Rapsody
Black Boy Meets World - Danny Watts
Saturation 2 - Brockhampton
Big Fish Theory - Vince Staples
Flower Boy - Tyler The Creator
Some good shit out this year

I love that album quite a bit but I gotta say Me against the world probably edges it out

Dumping some favorites of mine

fuck yes

heheeehe

Well played. I liked that album a good bit too
>tfw Philadelphia Cop hits
His best imo. 8.4/10
7.5/10
8.4/10
6.5/10 i prefer no poison desu

def agree on flower boy, saturation, and big fish theory. haven't heard anything else though

Also good picks

Easily one of my favorite G Funk albums ever

9/10 great fucking album
7.6/10 ATLiens is sooo much better
9.7/10 one of the GOAT hip hop records
8.3/10 really a great west coast album
8.5/10 obviously a great pick
5.5/10 they hadn't found their lane yet imo
8/10 some duds but the deep cuts(LVL, Hell, Jodye) are mostly amazing
4/10 fuck outta here with that
9.3/10 one of the best of the decade so far honestly. Just 46 minutes of great bar after awesome bar, not to mention El-P's one of the GOAT hip hop producers

i love flylo!

Mr. Thug Isolationist

8/10 really unique and cozy sounding. Solid stuff
10/10 shocked it hadn't been posted already, I assumed it had
7.3/10 Pac is overrated as shit, every album is at least 40% useless filler. Biggie all the way, greatest rapper to ever do it
10/10 modern classic
10/10 goat memphis rap. The eerie dark, claustophobic feel could not have been created better
7.6/10 his best work yet. He has more to do but his producing chops have improved tremendously. That line about his day 1's turning to 3's and 4's bc track 7 is one of my favorite rap lines I've heard all year
9.2/10 the greatest sampling in any hip hop record
8.9/10 so much fun, I love it. As much as I can't stand the artist Pharell him as the producer is incredibly impressive

>Pac is overrated as shit. Biggie all the way, greatest rapper to e-

lol
that and unseen being 8/10 and i stopped reading immediately

wow your name really fits you huh?

Unseen's a great album, what's the problem? And Pac's substance was pretty dry most of the time. He has great hits too but plenty of songs that just say "us niggas got it bad" like 6 times different ways. He's seen as so political but he lacks the passion of a Chuck D and he doesn't give enough detail on a lot of tracks to keep me interested or elevate the urgency of the problem. Biggie is just the pinnacle of bombastic gangsta rap between smooth smoke-to tracks and trunk-knocking bangers. Not to mention he flowed over every single beat he ever went on like fucking butter. I can't say the same for pac

One of my favorites as well

>pac is overrated
Agreed. Boring voice, and I personally cannot stand 90's west coast

Biggie is the greatest to do it off 2 albums. Right. and no, he didn't kill every track. He just flowed, and sometimes even more standard and streamlined than Pac who was extremely versatile, and has had more impressive moments than Biggie has with a mountain of solid content.

Biggie just says "i'm hardcore" 6 times different ways, but Pac is at fault here for making the ghetto a big topic? Fucking please.
>He lacks passion

get the absolute fuck out of my face

I like some 90's west coast, I prefer 80's desu, and I definitely prefer east coast. Couldn't agree more about the voice, he just doesn't beg my attention or vary his pitch enough in his flow
I didn't mean he killed every track on every level. He just flowed over every beat fantastically, and had more charisma and personality than pac. And while Pac may have tried out more different sounds(which also obviously comes from having a longer career), he ended up with a lot of failed experiments. I'm not saying Pac wasn't a passionate dude, I'm saying I didn't hear it in much of his music

what kind of punk buster shit is that? You best fix that attitude

youtube.com/watch?v=JesIRFwAafc

But yeah there's nothing wrong with making the ghetto a huge topic like 90% of political rappers, I just don't think he explored it in depth or took a unique side to it. He just drew attention to it. Big didn't really do that, I mean a solid 5th of his songs told a specific story and he mostly used vivid imagery to assert his boss persona, which I just personally found more entertaining

I just hate the bouncy funk beats they always used. I like the grimy new york beats. Shit that bumps in your head when it's raining at night

>He just flowed over every beat fantastically
then your standards for fantastic are shit, considering he had very basic rhyme schemes he would pull out and drag on. Pac had just as much charisma, he just also knew how to be serious. You're just secluding yourself to the songs that come to mind when he's done every single angle.

>I'm not saying Pac wasn't a passionate dude, I'm saying I didn't hear it in much of his music

You've heard his discography in chronological order then? and understood his place in time during the recordings?

mark

Honestly the album that got me into rap

Best Dogg Pound track coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=OJbKvvf4B_s

8.5/10 Errbody loves the Dogg Pound. Kurupt's solo album Streets is a Mutha is dope too
9.1/10 his best imo. The production is so lush, it's really amazing
8/10 overrated but still really solid. I personally think So Apalled is underrated as hell
9.7/10 one of the albums that made me love hip hop like I do today. Pigeons still blows my mind every fucking time I listen to it
9.6/10 my AOTY2016. Danny is a modern legend of hip hop

>8/10 overrated but still really solid. I personally think So Apalled is underrated as hell

lmao

The only correct answer ITT tbqhwy

you just love everything, don't you?

I'm
and Also gonna add We Got it From Here, Thank You 4 Your Service and Midnight Marauders by ATCQ, Modal Soul by Nujabes, Aquemini by OutKast, Flower Boy by Tyler, XXX by Danny Brown and Live From The Dentist's Office by Injury Reserve to this.

Forgot to add Be by Common and I've been bumping both Saturations recently.

FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH A DEVIL NAMED TARZAN