We're fucked

we're fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20171126115922/https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/06F8BFD079A89E13852581130053C3F8/$file/15-1063-1673357.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>People thinking anything is going to change

ISPs realize that it's still a capitalist market, if they start gouging, that'll open a huge window for an ISP that won't

Hey thanks for this Trump cucks! When is your hero going to stop this for all of us in the working class? What's that? He's a who're to corporations and fucked us all? Golly who could've seen that coming?

Good thing for me I have competition! I can choose Verizon or... Verizon. I'm sure they won't fuck me on pricing or throttle streaming that competes with their shitty cable service though. Plus any anti-corporate sites won't be slowed down. No sir.

You can't possibly be this fucking stupid. More than half of the country has one fucking choice.

where's anomalouse when u need them?

Trump voter here. Legitimately angry about this.

Yet with all the Internet prpviders in the US, Comcast always gets the last word to fuck everyone up their ass.

You know that a "free market" cannot exist with greedy companies like these right?

>More than half of the country has one fucking choice.

>And they don't already price gouge

Why do you think that is?

Also, you have to be naive as fuck to believe the big ISPs aren't going to be working/colluding together.

Nothing will change. Amazing that you guys think that the regulation was being adhered to in the first place. ISP's have hoards of lawyers and don't give a fuck.

>Also, you have to be naive as fuck to believe the big ISPs aren't going to be working/colluding together.

Yeah because Wal-Mart works with so many other stores instead of trying to price them out of business

they do, internet in the US is shit.

you do realise here in bongland even we dont have data limits? we just pay for a connection and thats it, no bullshit

also, why did they repeal it anyway if nothing will change?

big ones, sure. but what happens when small ones open up and start offering open internet? oh thats right, a market correction!

ISPs have monopolies on nearly every major market. How could you be so fucking stupid to not realize this?

Retards.
Just like most government rules plebbit dawns over, net neutrality actually means the exact opposite.
See this.
Here's a copypasta:
Let's take a look at the actual legal terms of net neutrality
Here's the official document: web.archive.org/web/20171126115922/https://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/opinions.nsf/06F8BFD079A89E13852581130053C3F8/$file/15-1063-1673357.pdf
Let's look at page 15-16 (pic related):
>While the net neutrality rule applies to those ISPs that hold themselves out as neutral, indiscriminate conduits to internet content, the converse is also true: the rule does not apply to an ISP holding itself out as providing something other than a neutral, indiscriminate pathway — i.e., an ISP making sufficiently clear to potential customers that it provides a filtered service involving the ISP’s exercise of “editorial intervention.”
>Such an ISP, as long as it represents itself as engaging in editorial interventi on of that kind, would fall outside the rule. See U.S. Telecom Ass’n, 825 F.3d at 743; FCC Opp’n Pets. Reh’g 28 -29; FCC Br. 146 n.53 . The Order thus specifies that an ISP remains “free to offer ‘edited’ services” without becoming subject to the rule ’s requirements . Order ¶ 556
In conclusion, net neutrality was never what it says on the tin, and is an opt-in system. It made no difference, and was just a foot in the door for further internet regulation.
Governments hate free speech. It allows the populace to come to terms with reality without the rose-tinted goggles of propaganda and indoctrination. So it's no surprise that governments like the US are actively trying to suppress it.

Basically net neutrality is the opposite of net neutrality, in typical orwellian fashion.
All it does is enable government corruption, and selective enforcement.

This.

This represents everything.

lol muh internet illegal torrents n shit

Or just other companies trying to suffocate the smaller company. Happens in every sphere of capitalism.

Glad to hear that, hope you get burned to ground completely soon as well.

Now do you realize that corporations don't give a fuck about you and government regulations are important?

you cant though. its the customer that decides what companies live or die.

Large ISP firms like Comcast and Verizon split up territory by like town or county and then say “I get this place and you get that one” effectively driving out any potential competitors because they already are providing to every single person within X amount of miles

>A service is already being provided, that means no one else can move in on their territory

Do you even capitalism?

Yea but do you realize the gov doesn’t give a fuck about you either? Why would you trust them?

The real point of implementing NN as a policy was to avoid the numerous, wasteful lawsuits that arose over the years when IPs started fucking around with internet access. It gives an immediate reaction to these bullshit antics, rather than having to sue ISPs. Do you want to have to sue your ISP or join a class-action suit because they're throttling things, or whatever? I don't.

Sure lemme just get to wiring up the continental US with my venture capital

The potential consequences of any American internet provider being found to be imposing sponsored service restrictions on the provider's reputation vastly outweighs the potential consequences of simply business as usual. Nothing will happen.

Because i can fucking vote them out but im fucking stuck with Verizon?

government regulations would be important if the government didn't take bribes in return for special treatment

Maybe he doesn't realize yet, But he will!!

Would have been passed asap if hillary was president...

Providers reputation.

That's funny.

>What are corporations already worth billions which would see a golden opportunity to diversify

You can go to Wal-Mart and do your grocery shopping, clothes shopping, banking, buy a gun and get a subway sandwich under the same roof. You don't think they would jump all over something like that?

theyre a joke, just empty threats

Nice try Cletus he fucked you and you know it. He doesn't give a shit about any of us and that stupid MAGA hat you wear was made in China.

>the retards vote for trump
>trump takes away NN
>they flip their shit

But you knew orange was going to take away NN.

So why are you whining?

I'll make my own internet, with blacjack and hookers!

I guarantee he won't. It would be easier to bild a moon base than to change these people's opinions.

You don't say?

>people blaming trump
>doesn’t understand Obama brought on Pajeeettt
>still try to make this a bipartisan issue

>mfw

You know Walmart depresses cost on their supply chain right? That it puts small suppliers out of business just like it killed local retail?

Trump made him chairman in 2017.

Yeah and they keep prices low because they realize if they gouge, it opens up competition.

They keep prices low because 50% of the country makes minimum wage.

The government cuttently doesn't give a fuck about me. But that doesn't have to be the case for eternity. Holding elected officials accountable doesn't happen in this country.

Completely agree. Special interests and lobbying are a huge problem, however Trump's promise to "drain the swamp" didn't work out too well when he nominated billionaires to his cabinet.

Yes and who do you think was pushing the repeal all the years prior. Oh wait this is the first time you heard about it. kys

why are you comparing such wildly different industries? walmart and isp's are such wildly different companies that comparing them is retarded

your average joe cant open up his own fucking isp. however he can open up his own small shop if walmart becomes expensive as fuck, because he can then sell shit cheap and beat them out

>doesn't know that trump made removing NN a campaign issue
>pajeet is doing trump's bidding
>may be a retard

kys

Yeah that's why, because they genuinely care about the little man, the one you were just saying they put out of business.

Yeah but companies that are already filthy rich can start an ISP

Communist cunts can't handle this much freedom.