SO WHY ARE WE WORRIED ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT HAVING LESS CONTROL? WHAT ARE YOU FAGS GOING TO DO WHEN NOTHING CHANGES?

SO WHY ARE WE WORRIED ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT HAVING LESS CONTROL? WHAT ARE YOU FAGS GOING TO DO WHEN NOTHING CHANGES?

Other urls found in this thread:

techliberation.com/2017/07/12/heres-why-the-obama-fcc-internet-regulations-dont-protect-net-neutrality/
amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6141-Certified-Cablevision/dp/B00YUU5628/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513306741&sr=1-3&keywords=SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0
twitter.com/alexander_pai)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

could you enlighten me on whats going on? Theres a lot of contradicting info.

Because we're cucks.

Probably cry about something else.

As a free market guy I say lets see how this fucking goes. Can't be that bad the internet was fine in 2015 when we didn't have this government control.

They handed parts of the actual regulation of the internet from the Federal COMMUNICATIONS Commission or FCC to the Federal TRADE Commission or FTC.

This benefits us in the long run as such: Communications Commission can regulate CONTENT. Trade Commission can regulate anti trust, meaning MONOPOLIES. Those in areas where these big companies have boxed the small ISP out from offering anons a good deal over Comcast or AT&T... We will be able to sue for monopolistic practices.

Read the actual wording of the bill or a good TLDR somewhere.

ok great cause concast is really fucking my area with throttling and theres no other options other then dial-up. What about all that shit about low-speed high-speed lanes?

Isnt comcast going to just maintain their monopoly and then charge extra if i want to game or watch netflix or visit my "political" webiste?

why couldnt we sue them before? a monopoly is a monopoly no?

Look up the federal court cases between Tom Wheeler and ISPs from thw first time they were Title 1.

>government having less control === corporations having more control

There is nothing in the Obama Era regulations that prevented that is the thing.
techliberation.com/2017/07/12/heres-why-the-obama-fcc-internet-regulations-dont-protect-net-neutrality/

So, why do they not do it? It's not really worth it. And won't be going forward, for the most part. Now how does this specific regulation play into it?

It explicitly states that any service that WOULD do that, regulate any such content like that in any way, would have to brand itself as editorialized, openly and clearly. This means any service doing that would basically have to alert you in some way before you agreed to it.

This is also where the FTC comes into play. Offering just that service would allow monopoly anti trust laws to come into effect and allow communities to sue to open up utility lines to smaller ISPs or other larger choices to come in and offer other packages for competition purposes under the FTCs anti trust regulations.

I like velveeta :(

The problem is the goverment is not giving up all controll over the internet, just the power to keep it neutral. It is still basically enforcing a monopoly.

Like governments have done much good throughout history

Well except for those times it wasn't. Like when Comcast charged Netflix a huge sum of money to allow Comcast customers to have a functioning connection to Netflix.

Oligopolies are legal. We couldn't sue them before and still cant

NICE DUBS

CHECK THEM DUBS

>preventing ISP from fucking over their consumers is government control

MENT ALSO DUBS

God forbid they Charge Jewflix for using massive amounts of bandwidth

Recucklicans think preventing businesses from fucking common people over is EVUL SOSHULIZIM.

You don't know what anti trust laws are do you

>Nothing changes

I'd rather the gov have more control then greedy corporations. Especially when my wallet won't be too happy about it. Just my two cents though.

this fucking guy gets it. so many retards on here crying when they have no fucking idea what any of it even means

Now, nobody can hold the ISPs accountable for actions that go against net neutrality. We aren't getting the Great Firewall of China, but we are instead allowing our corporate overlords to assume absolute control over our digital communications.

Except you now have these laws
>Americucks buttbuggered that drumpf got them no wall and no internet

comcast cuck

charging them is charging us. Theyll just increase costs. Personally i dont care about jewflix because their content is shit but the principal still applies

3 retards in a row. excellent

>Portuguese budget rate cellphone plan

How's it going, corporate shill?

This is bullshit. Im on comcast and I conduct a very simple experiment. Everytime my internet seems to be slow (less then 10mbps) I go and do a speedtest. Guess what happens? The service JUMPS back up to 25mbps as does upload. Ive done this every time without fail. Now they just block my service for now reason for a couple hours during prime time and claim its maintenance

>He doesn't realise that a brown Verizon shill has done literally nothing except help Verizon fuck Google/Netflix/Amazon his entire life

Why are Republicucks so intent on turning the US into a shithole? Where are "muh freedums" at again?

Genuinely confused at the never-ending idiocy of Americans.

This is why Comcast, owner of NBC Universal, has been pushing for NN on their networks.

>DR i jast pure-chased the 4chane package for $Tree.Fiddy a month I'm sure none of those norms could afford to get on here now

Faggot there is a full blown operation going on I another thread.

fucking idiot. deregulation is good. this means smaller isps will be able to compete with the giants, thus driving the giants pricing down. you people are so fucking stupid I swear to God.

Comcast has literally changed their TOS since NN died

Let me go ahead and start running FUCKING CABLING to every house in america so i can start competing with comcast you fucking shill

speed test.
>thats so 2003.

Yeah, why do we need laws or government at all? Big corporations can surely be trusted to protect consumers, and not engage in collusion or price fixing.... Fucking right wingers.

something like 35 percent of all downstream traffic is Netflix.

More than the next 8 sources combined.

Why shouldnt they pay a premium?

You think any ISP just ate that cost or did they pass it on to you?

GOOGLE TRIED YOU FUCKING IDIOT

THEY COULDN'T DO IT

FUCKING READ SOMETHING YOU FUCKING PLEB

Either bait or just plain retarded. You'd suck nigger dick, if Trump told you it would piss off the libruls.

please explain im a scrub

>I-I WANT to be charged more! I swear! H-harder daddy!

>Have a choice to not buy a service
>Choosing to go into business with someone who will fuck you

ITS THE CORPORATIONS FAULT

>Choosing

Charging them is charging Netflix's customers. Not charging them is passing the cost on to all the ISP's customers whether they use Netflix or not.

Im confused doesnt netflix have to pay for distribution? Just because they have a large portion does that mean they arent paying to distribute? Beyond their own server costs

Im not arguing, im just trying to understand

You are literally the dumbest fuck I have seen on here since the "fuck her right in the pussy" kid.
Like really, if dumb were pennies, you'd be warren buffet.
>you let the big boys run the cable, then sue them for monopoly and they get forced to resell you their bandwidth at cut-throat rates, so you can then turn around and resell it at a modest profit which will still be cheaper than the big boys.
Or, you fucking dickhead, you use next gen wireless and don't run any cables.

YOu probably just have shit connection and use their shit recycled modems.

I use my own modem and have had zero issues for multiple years.

SUre the cost sucks, but no interruptions.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thats you user hope your proud of yourself

Good point
I didnt look at it that way
Thank you user, i can always trust you to put my retardation to bed

I still really don't understand what's going on. Can someone please dumb down the answer for a Sup Forumsro

No. Not even a hint. Instead you fucking lrn to google the interwebs and lrn how networks work.
>then you laugh at the dipshits on Sup Forums while your shit is cash.

you know why google couldnt do it?

It was cost prohibitive.

But you expect comcast to continue upgrading the lines and maintaining them while bending to your will cause "MUH NETFLIX"

>REEEEEEEEE

thats you user look in a mirror please

How much did your bill go down since 2015 exactly?

Why do you think net neutrality had any part of it that prevented them from charging you more.

God you're stupid.

shill, how much is comcast paying you?

I actually stopped paying them and abuse their wifi hotspots for free internet. So truly i dont have a reason to complain.

What package do you get and what modem do you use?

When i was on their 50mbps on their modem with everything hard wired I got the same speeds i do now leeching my neighbors hotspot (25mbps max, 10mbps avg. Never above 10mbps up, 5 avg)

Comcast no longer promises you half the shit it did yesterday, America now has third world country rules because drumpfs pet indian removed another human right rather than helping build the wall
Also idiots like believed Sheet Tailka when he pretended Obama invented NN

I have 3 big corporation options where I live.

Deal with it.

who has the photo of pajit in the santa outfit with the nerdf gun and it says "don't come to internet tomorrow"

You're fucking retarded if you think getting rid of NN enforces a free market. Allowing providers to throttle is terrible for competition in the content market. And if you are in fact "a free market guy" then you know that competition is basically the most important aspect of a free market.

not even a little bit. It made me happy to point out the obvious stupidity and ignorance that abounds on Sup Forums.
>Thank you public education!!

And all three of those will fuck you the same way because who else are you going to go to?

They pay to host the data, you pay to download the data.

Funny enough, Amazon and Netflix host their data on the same location, which is why prime and Netflix overlap so much.

It's a surfboard, think docsis 3.0 but not sure. Bought it on sale a few years ago cause its cheaper than renting over time.

I have 100 down 20 up.

Well ur parents probably pay for your internet so it shouldn't really bother you. Kek

The local startup that is slowly moving to neighborhood to neighborhood, who will now start having more demand.

Nice, intimate knowledge of the inner workings of amazon and netflix data centers. You must be so 1337

Also, "Haha you cant answer my questions in my predetermined scenario that makes it impossible to answer, checkmate."

Or let me frame it this way, "What your crying about, once all these corporations start lowering your costs and increasing your speed you'll benefit."

this decision is quite literally the opposite action of trying to uphold a free market user, considering this merely gives ISPs a potential license to paywall things they don't like, reducing competition in favor of empowering the nepotistic Gods of the Internet

regulation isn't always 100% a bad thing when it prevents monopolization

amazon.com/ARRIS-SURFboard-SB6141-Certified-Cablevision/dp/B00YUU5628/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1513306741&sr=1-3&keywords=SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0

This?

also your package is 100/20 and so is your speeds? Ive never ever ever in all the places ive lived in PA and DE have I gotten the speeds of the package i was buying. Just curious

Good luck ever getting a local start up without NN

Repeat after me:

Removing Net Neutrality means more freedom for corporations

Corporations are people

Therefore, Net Neutrality is slavery

Now, go vote Republican.

Then it loses all its customers cause ATT and Clink and Frontier and Verizon will offer you the same thing and take all the business.

Thats how competition works.

>WHAT ARE YOU FAGS GOING TO DO WHEN NOTHING CHANGES?

IF NOTHING CHANGES, THEN WHY THE SHIT DID THEY REPEAL NET NEUTRALITY IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU INFINITE MORON HURR DURR CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL DERP

>t. Donald Dump's easily manipulated Murricah

You faggot American'ts have the functioning IQ of a pea pod to not anticipate this happening. It's only going to get worse from here in the land of the fee, home of the wage slave. Won't be the biggest empire for long when you and your president have the foresight and depth perception of a one-eyed toddler.

Please please don't ever change your mind. in fact, tell everyone you meet your NN opinions. Please, do it!
>maybe I'll be lucky enough to overhear you when you do and it will really brighten my day.

you are so fucking retarded

You know niggers were among the first slave owners in america right?

Verizon is literally the reason these laws were made stricter

hey Russia, watcha doin'?

I might be wrong on the upload, I dont do much uploading honestly it may only be 10 but I know I usually exceed upload speeds by a few and match my download speeds, not always consistent but it fluctuates near the top end

>Like governments have done much good throughout history
they've kept corporations from mauling your virgin ass.

>FCC removes a regulation from a few years ago that allows the government to boss around ISPs
yeah we are so stupid for removing this. How did the internet exist without such regulation, truly a mystery.

what are you talking about, startups existed before net neutrality and will exist after lol

Ajit Pai

>4868 Old Dominion Dr, Arlington, VA 22207

>Wife: Janine Pai
>Son: Alexander Pai(twitter.com/alexander_pai)
>Daughter: Annabelle Pai

you know upload caps the download right?

ok
you are a faggot that can't stop sucking nigger cock

Oh and yeah, that looks like the modem, they have multiple version that all look alike, you can usually find one on sale on slickdeals though if you're patient.

my outlook is if i bought the 100mbps package and got 50 i would be happy. But they rarely broke 25, so i refused to pay the bill and kept their router.

how, exactly, are smaller cable companies going to be able to enter the market again when they will just be bulled out and outbid on infrastructure resources?

what the fuck inbred language are you talking.

>Ive never ever ever in all the places ive lived in PA and DE have I gotten the speeds of the package i was buying
Stop using shit tier routers like:
Linksys
D-Link
Trend Net
Asus
etc.
>how new to this inter-networking thing are you for christs sake?