Was called in to cover someone's shift last minute

>Was called in to cover someone's shift last minute.
>Comes in, I had to cancel plans.
>Coworker is there, she's been there for 2 weeks. Simple job, it's a college job for me. Not hard. (Basic POS, stocking, customer service.)
>Was closing, new girl was leaving in 3 hours.
>I was going to close by myself. No big deal, but I had about 4 hours ahead of me after she leaves.
>Asked to get food before she leaves.
>Got food when it was dead, ordered it from next door, then came back.
>All is well.

>goes and picks up the order.
>Comes back to 4 customers, she fucked up a transaction.
>I tell her to stand back, I will handle this, serve other guests pls.

For the time she was there with me (three hours) she would screw something up over not asking me questions. I was instructed to leave her and watch her and jump in when she asks. But after the third time of telling her that she needs to ask me, I was a little curt.

This was two weeks ago. And now I got a text from my boss saying I was "rude and mean to her". My hours are now cut because "she can't work with me" and I found out she's made me out to be the point of gossip.

What should I do now, Sup Forums?

kill her

Find a new job, sounds like your boss is a fucking asshat

This.

Quit. Leave your asshole boss at the mercy of this useless twat. This is just some bullshit job while you study hard for better things, right? Bail. Bail as hard as you can.

Get a new job. And when you do, don't jump on other people. Let them make their mistakes. When your boss is the one that has to clean up their mess, he'll feel differently.

new job. thats a shit way to train. everyone learns different but newbie should basically have you shadowing her til completely confident. if after a few weeks she wasnt confident she shoulda been let go. crap manager. dip outta there, find something else.

Nobody is hiring right now. I'll keep my mouth shut, reinstate I didn't mean to come off mean and then bail once I find another job.

apologize to the girl and suck your boss' dick

where do you live where not one place is hiring?

It sucks because the owner (It's a franchise) is never there and would see me on the schedule and blame me for not fixing it. It was a money and inventory issue that had to be fixed right now.

Would it be wise to just keep the peace until I can find another job? Fake an apology and start looking? Unfortunately, I can't find shit all right now and this job works perfectly with my hours for placement. (Final year.. I need 600 hours.)

it sucks because she was hired in just by being friends with the owner.

A place where there's too many gooks and I can't speak chinese.

dry cleaner?

literally don't go to work anymore and use the time to find another job

If your company has a weapons policy say you saw her with a taser/pepper spray as most bitchy girls do and she will get fired if your company has a weapons policy (75% of food places do)

>she was hired in just by being friends with the owner
I had assumed this. It's the only reason the boss would have sided with a 2 week newbie over someone who cares enough to come in on their night off.
I know it sucks, but if you are gonna keep that job you'll have to not lose your temper with her, no matter how bad she is at the job. Eventually, she'll either quit or the boss will realize that she's bad.

I was literally called an hour before to come in. I had things to do, a significant other to see, homework to do and a huge list of errands. But I knew nobody was available so I did him a solid and came in anyways.

I didn't think I'd have to watch EVERYTHING she does, since it's been two weeks. You should have known how to follow clear cut instructions right by the POS system. I'm not new to retail, I've trained employees at his business. Why the sudden fucking issue. Then I found out she told everyone who works there that I'm "super rude and mean" a week ago. I didn't bring up the fact she did some liability bullshit because she's new and she gets mad because I went straight to the point and asked her to give me space while I sort the issue out.

wat.

>Was called in to cover someone's shift last minute.
Tell them, "Ok, next time I won't step in and help when this friend of the owner screws up and customers are lining while she can't get her act together. I'll just let her sweat it out, if it makes her uncomfortable. Oh, and don't call me into work at the last minute ever again, just to cover for someone who didn't even bother to show up for their shift, and then complain about me showing your employee how to do her damn job."

more like, don't pick up the phone to cover for idiots

Never pick up the phone, just listen to messages and reply if you want

Try to pick up shifts from other coworkers. I know at jobs like that a lot of people want off.

for real. i worked shift jobs a lot in the past and i remember them like guilting workers if they wanted some time off, it was ridiculous. plus they had a constantly shifting schedule at one. You would be on morning shift one week. than double shifts the next then the night shift the week after so you were always tired.

It's a mom and pap store. There's like... four of us.

Sit on your ass until you get fired. Fuck everything up and blame it on her. "I've told her this a hundred times", when shit goes south.

Then when you're leaving, for the final time, tell the boss she's been stealing. Have your friends get drunk and call asking for her. Do all the dumbest shit you ever dreamed of. Have a friend use a pay phone to call the TIPS hotline and nark her out for selling coke, place will have cops up the boss's ass. Make him beg you to stay, demand a raise, then quit anyway. Seriously, be a dick.

dubs commands it

>I didn't bring up the fact she did some liability bullshit
Don't. She's the owner's friend, you can't win in a mud-slinging war.
Now that she's not going to be working with YOU, she'll be working with somebody else. That person will find out how bad she is without any help from you. All you have to do is lean back and watch the show.

oh shit...
u right....
gonna do that once I graduate in December 2018.

OP, you should be able to calmly explain to your manager what exactly happened and that solve the majority of your problems so long as your rep wasn't previously fucked.

So long as you haven't done anything untoward before this co-worker arrived and calmly explaining the situation to the manager doesn't work, well then unfortunately your manager is a feminazi. It's unfortunate, but you did say you're working a college job and if that shit's near campus or, god forbid, on campus, feminazi infestation may be unavoidable. At any rate, if this is the case then you really don't have much choice other than looking for a new job. I mean what are you going to do? Feminazis don't give a shit about logic or reason, they just want to favor women over men.

No. I should be seen as a great worker. I learned the job very quickly to work independently because his senior/fulltime was going on a month vacation.

So I worked more than 40 hours a week during the summertime. I had plans myself, i cut them short and had my friend from out of country sit at the back of the store while I worked the days he couldn't compromise.

I don't know if he's a feminazi or not. Politics aren't really addressed or talked about in the store.