Why is RAM so popular?

I think this album is shit. It's overrated to hell and back. What is so good about it? It's a normies first Daft Punk "experience".

I feel you OP. Get Lucky was a decent single but the rest of the album is super lame

Daft Punk in general are about as normie as you can get. The reason RAM was so big is because it was released after a long hiatus.

>huge hit single with fucking Pharrell the hitmaker
>features indie darlings Panda Bear and Julian Casanova
>didn't sound anything like human after all
>ze zentezizr

why wouldn't it be popular?

>is
It was very popular at the time it was released because the marketing was great. Literally nobody talks about RAM anymore.
It does have some great tracks, though. Fragments of Time, Motherboard, Touch, Giorgio by Moroder, Instant Crush, Contact, and Doin' It Right are all good at least.

>why wouldn't it be popular?

because it's objectively their worst album and coasted off a bunch of big names in the credits and one single that got played to death

if anything other than motherboard is your favorite track you're a normie

All Daft Punk is normie. You're normie.

This but Contact

True patricians listen to normie-core in addition to non-normie-core

I agree that it is their worst album. I think some of the songs are *decent*, but not enough to qualify as a good album. Discovery is leaps and bounds better.

One of my favorite albums T B H.

It's what got me into listening into full albums and exploring music honestly.

Get Lucky is probably one of the worse tracks.

Best: Beyond/Touch
Worst: Give life back to music
Overrated: Get Lucky/Lose yourself to dance
Underrated: Fragments of Time

lame 80s nostalgia

Touch is pretty good

Doing it Right is boring and annoying. I agree on you with the others though. Touch is a fucking masterpiece.

this, but unironically

>Worst: Give life back to music

Nah disco was just making a comeback at the time after the Disco Demolition Night and Daft Punk just made the perfect album at the perfect time

I just want to see if they'll manage to salvage it like they did with Human After All in their next shows

popular? it's not even talked about anymore

>tfw no Alive 2017

what's the point of even living anymore?

>Yeah dude frickin normies cant get into my other medicore funk/disco ripoff albums and dont get the deep songs that repeat the same 10 second melody and lyrics for 5 minutes
God you redditors are so delusional

Check out Daft Punk's new single "Get Lucky" if you get the chance. Sound of the summer.

>alive was 10 years ago

shieeeeeeet

This, Meanwhile BoC is Patrician.

>no one mentions the Tron soundtrack

It wasn't bad, it just wasn't as original as people had come to expect from Daft Punk. It was basically a Tarantino-tier fanboy album.

it's their second best after Discovery. what makes me the most mad about it is that they only gave Get Lucky radioplay. i think for example Fragments of Time could have been popular with the normies too and it's a much better song.

this

Instant Crush is my favorite song on the entire album

Sure it's less gritty than their other records, but RAM sounds and feels extremely well produced. Going through every song, you really feel that time and energy has been spent on them.

OK, OP, so you don't like it "just because muh mainstream". Who the fuck cares? Great talk, very insightful

Any time I've played RAM in the car with a friend, they've always commented without fail that they really like Instant Crush whenever it comes on.

It's the first physical CD I've ever bought, so it'll always have a place in my heart.

Keep telling yourself that, even though patrician is a meaningless buzzword.

G O D T I E R
O
D
T
I
E
R

EVERYBODY
CALL
ME

Better advertising and marketing than any other DP album. Homework came out when they were only famous in France, despite havinng a whole movie made for Discovery that wasn't targeted at everyone and they probably got more famous from their tracks used in ads than from the actual album, I don't remember any marketing at all for Human After All and it was made really quickly as well, and no one cares about Tron Legacy.

It's shit.

"Doing it Right" is good boi

AND WE WILL NEVER BE ALONE AGAIN

so is "normie"

Daft Punk was never that good. Idk what gives you the impression that normies couldn't "get into" Daft Punk before RAM as if One More Time, HBFS, Technologic, etc. weren't all popular songs that got a ton of radio play. Daft Punk has always been extremely "normie-friendly", and if anything i've seen RAM get shit on so much by redditors who think Get Lucky and Lose Yourself to Dance got their super secret mediocre electro-disco band stolen from them that it's underrated if anything. Motherboard, Fragments of Time, Instant Crush and Touch are some of the better songs in their catalog