Is this the best Paradox game?

Is this the best Paradox game?

Stellaris

Kill yourself

It's complete simplified trash.
Both Crusaders Kings 2 and Victoria 2 are better games than EUIV is.

Kill yourself

CK 2 is the simplest one dude

I like it the most, but I wish they weren't such gamey mechanics like monarch points. I would like to get into HO3 but its takes so much time to actually know what you are doing in a paradox game I just have not done it

Viky 2 is a better game, but I like more EU.

different flavors, kiddos
each one makes sense as CK2 medieval kings did not have much of control over their territories or economies, and victoria 2 world had fast communications and shitload of bureaucracy...
everything makes sense

you have too look at it form historical perspective too not as only game mechanics

Kill yourself

Defenitaly the most enjoyable, Ck2 fabrication of claims is too slow and frustrating and the focus on Dynasty rather than actual nation is another reason it's behind EU for me. Hearts of Iron looks to be the best one but i just haven't got the patience to learn the mechanics of it,yet.

>playing a game where you can murder natives
Yea... how about no.

vicky 2 has incredible potential but just try to make ANYTHING with smaller nation and you will fail
and i mean stuff like industrializing, not conquering a continent

This

I wouldn't bother with hoi3 since hoi4 is coming out in 8 days

>Ck2 fabrication of claims is too slow and frustrating and the focus on Dynasty rather than actual nation is another reason it's behind EU for me
that is realistic
although they could have added option to declare war and get diplomatic penalties like in eu 4...

there really was bunch of illegal claims back then too

One of my favorites to be sure. Hearts of Iron 3 probably would get the top spot for me, but it doesn't always work on my old ass computer. When it does though it's awesome.

Monarch points don't really piss me off like they do a lot of people, however the ability of sub saharan Africans to resist conquest is a bit annoying. I shouldn't have to send the entire Portuguese army just to conquer zanzibar in my quest to dominate global trade.

>"""""""murder""""""" natives

You mean granting the gift of wonderous new technologies and ideas to local savages, for their own good?

>hoi4

I seriously hope you are joking.

Relax man, it's just Johan trying to get some last minute preorders

diseases, mountains, jungles, deserts, unfriendly natives, water , food, shelter...
there is no intricate diplomatic divide and conquer tribal system so they made it this way

>try to get the Great Perm achievement
>it's fucking impossible
reeeeeee

Yea I get that you shouldn't be able to grab the entire continent in the 1600's, but it shouldn't be so difficult just to take trading posts around the continent in order to dominate Indian trade lanes, which is what Europe did.

it's a toss-up between HOI3 and Darkest Hour. Darkest Hour has a more comprehensive historical "playing field" but HOI3 is somewhat more complex.

>although they could have added option to declare war and get diplomatic penalties like in eu 4...

While I actually like that CK2 somewhat discourages blobbing via slow claim fabrication, it is kinda silly to imagine a Christian king conquering his way through an entire Caliphate only to settle for a single duchy but alas.

I can't wait for HOI4 to come out. WW2 games are the best and this one is going to be the best of them. Watch the world war wendesdays

>A FUCKING LEAF

Stellaris is better, it's about space, not some caliphate wannabe continent.

EU2 was the best because it's rigid events system taught you the history of Europe as you played.

You can check MEIOU and Taxes, it has small trade provinces along Africa you can colonize, and others that you can buy from local powers
They have big trade modifiers, and with them only you can control trade in their regions.

I'm HOI III, I always play as Germany. I also name all of my units after historical units (i.e. when the 98. Infanterie Division spawns, I look up the regiment names, and apply those names to the in game division's regiments). It makes the whole game take longer to play, but it adds to the fun factor in my opinion. I also give all of my other units historical names (XL. Armeekorps, 6. Armee, Oberbefehl der West, etc.)

Kill yourself

You just have to expand south towards the middle east/western India regions, maybe get a march or two - no real need to declare war on Russia until you have the strength. Independence war is hard but if you're lucky you'll get Novgorod and a horde on your side.

After 50hours in I can say that it's very shallow. The only thing you can do with your country is expand its borders. The internal development is shit, the internal politics are barebones and don't effect your playstyle at all it's just a choice between minus X to Y or Z stat.

For a colonialism simulator colonies are surprisingly worthless and perhaps the weakest part of the gameplay.

CK2 and Victoria 2 are pretty much the best right now

HOI3 is just way to complex and not really satisfying even when you learn to play it compared to other paradox games

EU4 is pretty meh with the whole "mana" system, dumb RNG it didn't help that they made it worse with the last 3 major patches/DLCs . EU3 is a bit better but it's really outdated.

So far HOI4 looks pretty good. Hopefully they don't ruin it like EU4.

My nigga.

Also no love for HoI2? I modded the everloving shit out of that game. I still pay it drunk, occasionally.

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

you should really kill yourself

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

Genocide Simulator 2200 is.
They have just made Xenophobes even better with Clarke patch.

Kill yourself

This. I have 500 hrs in CK2. Everytime I load in EU4 I get confused and quit.

>Have 100,000 of the finest Square Infantry led by Napoleon himself
>Get beat by 10,000 rebels led by the local butcher because he rolled an 9 and I rolled a 0

For the Glory is an excellent remake. If you liked EU2 give it a run.

It's okay if you pirate it, definitely not worth the money it it costs with the DLC though.

I'm annoyed because I spent a long time learning to play it last year and then put it down for a while, and since then they've released tons of patches and DLC that make it a totally different game.

If you aren't constantly playing it and keeping up with the changes it's a pretty inaccessible game. I feel like just not playing it until they stop monkeying around with it, but then by that point it will probably be completely cuckified.

The next patch is supposedly supposed to make it so European nations are less dominant compared to the rest of the world, which is just faggotry. My favorite part of the game was the relative historical accuracy and now they're more or less doing away with it to appease faggots who think India, China, or Japan should be able to easily take over the world.

>pirating

No, this is.

kill yourself

i love this game but you cant make cities with millions

easy answer

having 2,5k hours in this game

>buying paradox games after the kikery with DLCs on EU4

Fuck off faggot, I'm using that money to grow the worlds largest potato, carve it in a shape of a woman and marry it.

Kill yourself

upps meant to post a M&B:Warband pic

sorry guys

Imagine what kind of useful things you could do with that time.

Master a skill. Make some decent cash.

Kill yourself

Yeah...how bout some ice for that sore ass

HEJ HVORDAN GÅR DET?

Kill yourself

Everything's scaled down for simplicity. A city of 70,000 people in the game will look like half of New York City, when, in reality, it's only a really tiny city, like Scranton PA.

Until patch 1.16

- Corruption mechanic ruins the fun outside of western europe, punish you for things you were already punished and is totally uninteresting as a whole (a fucking ledger)
- A separate pool of manpower for the ships. It looks like a good idea but again it adds nothing and makes tedious to play a landlocked nation. In some cases, you need to wait 70 fucking years after the conquest of a coastal province to build ONE ship.
- Estates : C'mon. Just...we already have a parliament system with seats by province but now they create the Estates with 0 link with the parliament. Thanks to them, a province next door can be oversea. Wow. Such an improvement.

If you stay in 1.15.3, this game is a masterpiece.
CK2 is really pleasant too but its more luck based. If your character suddenly dies at the age of 24 while you are reorganizing your empire (changing some laws and shit) you might lose everything.

Darkest Hour best hour!

>If your character suddenly dies at the age of 24 while you are reorganizing your empire (changing some laws and shit) you might lose everything.
Just like in history, eh?

And the European Phenotypes mod is back.

does it have multiplayer?

Ho don't take me wrong, I'm not saying it's unfair. I have spent around 1k hours on ck2 so I can live with it but sometimes you just don't want a game where you lose everything just because you were unlucky.

I mean, that just like when you're going after the achievements in EU4. Even if you accept it, it will drive you crazy to fail it because a serie of random events.

I like both games but generally I prefer EU4.

Idk, perhaps there's a mod. I haven't seen it in the game itself though.

Has anybody played some non-Paradox grand strategy games? I was thinking of getting Revolution Under Siege.

It had so much promise. Then the Snowfall DLC fucking killed all my hopes for it ever improving.

The next patch will make the technology based on investment. African countries will be as technologically advanced by investing in the right institutions.
It will be literally
>need more money for dem programs

But that aside, it would be great with an overhaul of trade mechanics.
Make trade goods not be abstract anymore, but make production of troops and buildings be dependent on ressources, so you would be able to have real trade warfare. So Victoria 2 but with less liquor and burocrats.

Did they ever comment on it or just pretend the whole thing never happened?

Distant Worlds: Extended is an alright game.

Honestly, I've spent the most time on HOI III.
HOI III better captures the feeling of actually being the leader of a nation.

kill yourself

Is this a new meme?

dont ignore the dubs user

Kill yourself

Crusaders Kings 2 always crash on loading screen. Victoria 2 as well. What the fuck is wrong with you Paradox, dlcs to the max and the games won't fucking work.

Paradox cucked the games
Nowadays CK2 has "Gender equality laws" shit so women can act as commanders etc.

Why does everyone hate Stellaris? I just bought it and seems pretty awesome.
I'm creating a scientific utopia ruled by fungus right now

Good choice, just started playing icemanias extended with good ai mod.

Ever get into a game where the ai just doesn't colonize??

They said it was racist comments and not the mod specifically that got it pulled so as long as the creator controls the comments better there is no problem

Linear, you do the same shit everytime, there's literally no variety in how you can approach the game.

STELLARIS
TELLARIS

Is collectivist still better than xenophobe in every way?

I always just blobbed anyways by declaring holy war on fucking everything and everyone.

Usually that's how most paradox games are until the dlc's and patches
I don't know if you played CK2 or EU4 when it was released but there was only one way to play then as well. Plus in eu4 at first the only completed countries were a few select european countries like France and Britain, the rest were "playable" but had no events.

Nah. Victoria II or Crusader Kings II has my vote.

Dutch know where its at.

Cities: Skylines is their best games. I don't like simulating spreadsheets like you autists.

HoI4 looks to be absolute garbage. One click and I win if I have enough men type of deal.

Stellaris is awesome
>conquer xeno empire
>genocide their entire goddamn race

Never 4get

Kill yourself.

I just downloaded Stellaris. Why is there so much hate for it? I haven't really played it yet just sort of clicked around and reading shit

>Trying to recreate the Persian empire as Zoroastrians
>going really well for once get about three quarters done
>ruler dies
>greedy regent ruins everything for short sighted financial gain