So if he wins the finals this year he officially passes Jordan right?

So if he wins the finals this year he officially passes Jordan right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoEl2Oo66IY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>passes Jordan right
LMAO

He hasn't even passed Kobe yet boy.

>if

Yes he has.

He passes Kobrick

If he keeps winning until he loses to Father Time then he passes Jordan

LOL
Kobe is the single most overrated player in history. He was given the easiest nba league before LeBron came in and shook him up.

>Cavs Fan !1r8leLgB8c
ok bro

Curry will surpass LeBitch

Curry will be out of the league in 5 years

All of LeBrons' rings have a asterisk. 2012 - Lockout season
2013 - literally Jesus saved him
2015 - refs + Apemond suspension + Kyrie game 7 GW

LeBron is overrated as fuck, has to stack his team with the most talent in his conference and still bitches.

even if curry wins another finals vs lebron, james will still have the edge for beating curry when it mattered the most. That records not meaning shit because no ring will forever haunt the warriors, unless they go 74-8 and win it this time.

What happens when he takes his 5TH L in the Finals this year, forever out of the Top 10 All Time?

>being this retarded

Let me guess, you think Joe Montana is a better QB than Tom Brady?

Yeah because averaging 30/11/9 in the Finals and beating a 70 win team from down 3-1 somehow warrants an asterisk. Just stop the hate and enjoy the fact that you are witnessing one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Salary cap? No thank you. I'll buy a championship instead.

>An insight into the mind of a soccer-watching Warriors-bandwagoning Asian virgin retard

What does NFL have to do with this?

When LeBron gets 9 more Scoring Titles, wins DPOY, wins another MVP, wins 3 more rings with 3 more FMVPs then we can have a debate about hI'm being the GOAT over Jordan. Until then he's not even above Shaq or Duncan All Time.

Honestly, I think if there's enough of a narrative around the finals (surely that means Warriors - Cavs rematch, right? Spurs are a low-ratings team, Rockets are gay, other West teams are interesting but not good enough) and the Cavs win trough LeBron doing great things (another narrative of LeBlock or maybe he actually hits a game winner for once in his life), only THEN will the discussion begin for NEXT season. He will be a very comfortable second place and contender after that but pundits will seriously consider the next season a GOAT-deciding season.

>Titles/awards are the only things that matter
You can cherry pick stats and records if you want to go that route, what LeBron has done with his time in the league is pretty fucking insane.
>Shaq
Nevermind you're retarded.

Not there yet but if he makes the finals again (regardless of outcome) I think he's squarely number 2 alltime. 7 straight finals appearances is ungodly

You're retarded if you would take LeBron over prime Shaq

you obviously didn't watch the game tonight huh?

4 of 5 starters for the cavs sat for the better part of the 4th quarter. Irving and Love did't play one minute in the 4th, and Lebron had a 40 point triple double.

Dog are you high?

Curry's entire life became a meme after 3-1. No matter how great the rest of his career goes he can never recover from that.

BREAKING NEWS The Pacers are garbage and the Cavs are stacked

Confirmed for only knowing about LeBron once he returned to Cleveland.

>I would pick Shaq over Lebron

user you have no right calling other people retarded.

Confirmed for only knowing about Shaq when he played for Cleveland

imo it goes

"new" league

jordan
shaq
duncan
bron
kobe

"old" league

russel
jabar
chamberlain
johnson
bird

I don't know user.

People are too quick to forget just how dominant Shaq was during the threepeat era.

I would say that never has a player been so unstoppable (aside from the single caveat of his free throws) in the entire modern era.

LeBron couldn't beat a old Mavs team in his prime and got washed in the Finals in historic fashion against a old Spurs squad. Lets just ignore that tho

Except for maybe LeBron?

Why are you on Shaq's dick dude, nobody of merit considers him an alltime -great-. (I even really like Shaq, but get fucked).

He also fell off the fucking map after his first year in miami and in general declined way faster than he should have because he was lazy as fuck. He should have easily been a top 3 playee ever

this being said i think by the end of his career bron and jordan are pretty much going to be neck and neck. the guy is a monster and the only reason i have him at forth is cause if he ended his career right now he wouldn't be on par with the rest imo

All you neo nba fans forget how shit LeBron was against the mavs

I can't defend not beating the Mavs other than the NBA is rigged and the narrative that year was Dirk being an unstoppable giga-Caucasian who perfected the jump shot, but them losing to the Spuds was being out-basketballed. That finals was great to watch, and you can't just fault LeBron.

lmfao that was 2011? who gives a fuck

only if he then moves to the Warriors and wins another 2

That was his 8th year in the league lil bitch

It still happened, never happened to Jordan tho

b-but i thought the nba started in nba 2k11?

>Jesus
Curry wasn't on his team.

>Curry
>Klay
>Durant
>LeBron
>Drayboon

Who could stop them

>old Spurs squad

I want 12 year olds to leave.

Manu, TD, and Parker were all literally in their primes. Plus they still had based defensive legend Bruce Bowen.

He's past Kobe bruh

Only when he gets 5 rings

He has long since passed Jordan
Only stepping stone he has left is Pippen. Kareem is simply unattainable

I'm talking about 2014, not 2007 when he got swept. Go to bed faggot you're gonna miss your small bus in the morning to middle school.

lol jesus christ dude are you serious?

LeGod is unironically the greatest player overall already

Jordan is the greatest winner, but not a better player than James

James = Rodgers
Jordan = Brady

Achieving pic related and coming back from down 3-1 against the statistically greatest team on paper of all time is the most impressive accomplishment in sports history

>Implying 3 of Kobe's rings weren't courtesy of pic related

>implying LeBron wasn't gifted rings by Ray Allen and Kyrie and Kevin Durant

true

>Those basic bantz
>Trying this hard on an Angolan yak farming board

see
but no please don't stop riding dick. we who cheer for the goat to do his thing love it when you bitches get proven wrong. it's kind of like batman vs the joker. we need you just to say we told you so, and you need us cause you have no one to troll besides believer in the GOAT

>greatest winner
>laughingstock of the league first round exit machine when not surrounded by an all time cast and top 3 coach
hell even Dwight is a better winner

So if you hit a clutch shot at any key moment in a series you are the sole reason for a win and only one deserving of a ring?

>mfw Shaq and Kobe were actually "gifted" rings by Derek Fisher and Robert Horry

You say that sarcastically but look at what Kobr accomplished without Fisher while Fisher was off making more finals

>who could stop them
Drayboon, Curry and Durant

Wrong. LeBron still hasn't had a better Finals series than what Jordan had in 1991 or 1993

no, because fewer championships.

Championships are the end-all be-all of the quality of a player. This is true. Don't like it? Win a championship or paradoxically create a communist hellhole, thus successfully winning competition, and then declaring that competition is not allowed.

Not yet, the closer he gets to 6 rings, the more likely he will to reaching jordan.

>coming back from down 3-1

But Jordan was never down 3-1 in a Finals or ever down period in a Finals

I do wonder if that happened what % of gatorades would turn out to actually just be anti-Lebron rather than pro-Jordan, and suddenly switch to saying Russell is the goat because muh 11

Then Bill Russel is better than Jordan

This is one of those things that genuinely grinds my gears.

When will people realize that Lebron and Jordan played in two completely different eras and therefore can't be properly compared? Lebron is the greatest player of the 21st century, period, just like Jordan is the greatest from his respective era.

Lebron is not only an athletic freak of nature but his basketball IQ is off the charts. He ADAPTS his game to style of basketball played in the modern NBA (3 point heavy, easier to draw fouls)

Guess what? Jordan did the exact same thing but according the brand of basketball of the 90s (smashmouth, hard nosed defense, etc.). If you were to take the two and switch the eras they played in, they would be forced to change their gameplans and play style entirely.

tl;dr Accept them both for being the greatest from the era they played in and stop firing up this argument every time Lebron has a good game.

If Lebron wanted to win 6+ rings he could just take a paycut and fucking sign on the warriors for the vet minimum.

What the hell do people mean by these ring arguments? Is he suddenly good now if he does that? And better than Jordan?

Or do you mean he has to make his own team and lead them to the trophy like he's doing with the Cavs

Jordan didn't adapt. he just flailed miserably for years until his front office decided to draft a top 10 all time player and fill out the rest of the roster with guys ranking from 30 to 250 all time

if Lebron played with a top 10 player he'd have 10 rings.

scottie pippen is literally top 10 dont @ me

Jordan is a miserable prick with no friends.
That's a difference.

>muh different errors excuse
Didn't work for Joe Montana, doesn't work here.

this

i mean the moment he entered the league it was his. right now he has kyrie, which is decent. and love, which is ok. everyone else is just about as good as anyone

jordan had a crazed lunatic out for boards and shutting down players, and then someone even bigger and more athletic than he is to tag team his way to the top

name one other player on the cavs who is arguably just as athletic and big and dominant on the cavs as le fuckin bron james

Jej, nigga even I can get hot and shoot a couple midrange jumpers foh

Shooters have longer careers than gorilaballers

Most experts consider Shaq a top 10 player irl

Thanks Spain (lmao) but if they do he's never higher than 8.

If Lebron had a hook shot he'd literally be Magic

If Magic was faster, more athletic, had a decent 3 pointer, played better defense, and wasn't a tremendous flaming faggot with HIV, he would literally be Lebron.

forgot pic

LeBron is pretty mediocre from the 3 point line.Either way prime Bird>Magic

Magic saw the court like no one else could, or ever will. Lebron sees his face in the wax reflection.

8 is pretty fucking good in my opinion.Specially for a lazy fuck that never bothered to improve his game

Magic is 30% on his career from 3pt. Lebron is 34% and 36% this season. Its improved with age to the point where its more than just decent.

Prime Kobe and LeBron on the same team at the same time as Jordan and Pippen. Which duo has more rings in 10 seasons?

LeBron 3pt % is getting higher because he takes less, not that he's a better shooter than years past. You make 1/3 3pt a game and that's 33%

>Magic is 30% on his career from 3pt
You have to take into account that 3's weren't trained back then and was a secundary option.If they had practiced 3 mores their % would be way higher

Scottie might not be top 10 at his position All time, let alone just top 10.

youtube.com/watch?v=GoEl2Oo66IY

If this ain't some of the most electrifying shit ever

>Scottie might not be top 10 at his position All time, let alone just top 10.
Who are better than him?
I can just think of LeBron,Bird,Durant,Ervin and Wilkins and the last two are debatable

Jordan was an overhyped glory hog. LeBron surpassed him when he beat the greatest team of all time. Only nostalgia fans believe otherwise.

>nostalgia fans
You mean almost every NBA fan under the age of 25?

It seems like every person I know who religiously defends Jordan, Wilt, Bird, etc. are guys who never saw them play.

Bird
LeBron
KD
Worthy
Pierce
Dr.J
Baylor
Hondo
Rick Barry
Wilkins

>being this retarded

Let me guess, you think John Cena is a better WWE Champion than Hulk Hogan?

Why do NBA fans always talk about superstars only?

Am I high or are there literal fucking retards who think Lebeta is better than shaw, kobr or Duncan in this thread? That babby back bitch cakewalks to the finals in a shitty and watered down conferences only to get bailed out by ring chasing former superstars and pop having a senile moment (2013) or the league officials (2016) for his manufactured legacy. I'll give him 2012 though...he earned that one.

Kek, Curry will never ever live down 73-9, 3-1

It's not just NBA fans

Also it's because they're on the court 3/4 of the game, nearly every game

Brady lived down 18-1. It's possible but Curry has to win at least 3 more rings and 3 FMVPs. If he does that his career will look like:
4 rings
3 FMVPs
2 MVPs
Every 3pt record in NBA History

If he does this idk if that's a better career than LeBron but it's a top 10 All Time career and Magic will be the only PG ever ranked above him. The health of KD and whether or not Klay will be content being a 3rd option in his prime years will determine if he gets this done.

73-9, 3-1 is worse than 18-1. Not only did they blow the finals after the best season in NBA history, but they did so becoming the only team to blow a 3-1 game lead in the finals as well.

Some of those SF are pretty debatable