So can Sup Forums honestly give me any reasons as to why Americans need assault weapons, or even guns for that matter...

So can Sup Forums honestly give me any reasons as to why Americans need assault weapons, or even guns for that matter? You are statistically more likely to hurt yourself than to kill an intruder with a gun in your home.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-stone-kuznick-hiroshima-obama-20160524-snap-story.html
motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>need
pic related

/thread

Doesn't t Israel have some of the most lenient gun laws in the world?

>need

really makes you think..

That's really a well balanced breakfast?

fpbp

really makes u think huh

liberals btfo

i'm now an #NRAsshole

get some new material nigger.

SAGE
A
G
E

2 or 3 people kill themselves for every 1 person who killed by another.

Are we talking about suicide prevention or what?

None of you answered my question. Why do Americans NEED guns? If we got rid of guns in America it would me a much safer country.

>You are statistically more likely to hurt yourself than to kill an intruder with a gun in your home.
I'd rather die because of my own incompetence than getting shot by a nigger and have my shit stolen.

Funny because for me this picture is proving the opposite point, people say guns are evil etc. yet you list countries where guns do not cause any problems. Now listen to this massive tinfoil theory - maybe it is the people that murder others not the guns?

>48 people in Japan
I thought they had a gun ban, what's happening there?

European immigrant to the U.S. here.

Don't fuck with my right to be able protect myself or enjoy the sport of shooting or weapon collecting.

Maybe my image wasn't clear enough.

BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS

>If we got rid of guns in America it would me a much safer country.
Tell that to the San Bernardino victims

Why do we need weapons? For the same reason we need fire extinguishers or seatbelts or anything else that protects us.

Kill yourself, faggot.

>maybe it is the people that murder others not the guns?
DAS RACIST

>need

That's blasphemy nigga
The rosewood was perfect, kys

The only reason ZOG wants to take away guns is to make it impossible to defend ourselves from nonwhites when the race war comes.

Period. End of story. Gun grabbing is code for white genocide.

>west germany

>need

Protection from blacks.

If the attackers didn't have access to assault weapons then it wouldn't have happened. How can you say that guns would have helped the situation?

Exactly, Americans don't need guns, they just want them to fulfill some sort of childhood power fantasy

>need

Guns are banned in California dumbass, and they still got access to them

Are you saying a 90lb woman shouldn't be able to defend herself against a 200lb rapist?

Why do you hate women, shitlord?!

There are plenty of other methods of defense available to you that also wouldn't easily allow you to shoot up a school.

Classic right wing racism.

Can you give me a reason as to why I shouldn't be allowed to own a weapon and use it to defend myself?

Being more likely to harm myself is not a valid reason. If it were, the government would be justified to place everyone in solitary confinement in a padded room, since that is far safer than being left to roam freely in the world.

>not enjoying a 2000 kcal breakfast every morning
no wonder your women had to import men with some chesthair.

>that also wouldn't easily allow you to shoot up a school.
Ah yes, the classic "owning an assault rifle will make you a child killer" argument. Have some more faith in humanity libfag

You just want to ban them to fulfil some childhood power fantasy?

>assault weapons
You are aware most Americans can't even get assault weapons.
>ban muh salt rifles
You are aware across the board in the USA more people are killed by being beaten to death than by rifles. Assault weapons aren't the issue.

Even then how can you justify banning them when most shootings
happen in urban areas where guns are most restricted?

Great thing about this image is it uses gang related crime statistics along with the statistics for self defense so with the numbers from self defense and gang related crime added up of course you're gonna get a really high number

All that image is just shitty left wing propaganda

Not about need, and you don't get to decide.
Stay in your comfortable, idealstic world.

I dont need to explain shit to a retard like you. You're allowed to read the constitution to see why I "need" "assault" weapons, and if you choose not to, then fuck off.

I could just blow up a school, or a school bus, or run over kids on the playground, throw a grenade in a classroom etc.

Or I could use a gun to defend a school. So why would you want me unarmed?

Making things illegal doesn't destroy them, it just make said things accessible only to criminals

Nowhere in the constitution does it grant you a right to assault weapons.

Yeah it does. We made mass shootings illegal and... oh wait.

I have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I have the right to bear arms as the means to protect my other freedoms

>need
Not an argument. Do you NEED both of your kidneys? Nope. So you wouldnt protest the Government confiscating one of right?

You don't NEED the cloths on your back, your own home, or both of your eyes either. 2/10 made me reply.

My kidneys are not dangerous weapons. They cannot shoot up a school or kill 30 people with 1 clip. Assault weapons are, and can do all of these things.

>statistically more likely to hurt yourself than to kill an intruder with a gun in your home

Only if you classify suicide as "hurting yourself".

Also not necessary to kill intruder with gun to stop him. After hurricane Ike some guys tried to break into our house, wife and i chambered our guns and they ran off.

Excellent b8 m8

>really makes you think..

latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-stone-kuznick-hiroshima-obama-20160524-snap-story.html

>If we got rid of guns in America it would me a much safer country
Oh, you mean like China?

FAGGOT
A
G
G
O
T

Same reason Europe will need them in a few years replace niggers for Muslims and you will find out

>If we got rid of guns in America it would me a much safer country.

No it wouldn't. What makes you believe this meme?

Assault rifles aren't real and you thinking they are only shows your ignorance. You say assault rifle I say defense rifle. It all depends on how you use it. A scary "salt rifle" is no different than a hunting rifle in function. That's like calling a Ferarri an assault car. Or a katana an assault knife,

You know every political buzzword don't you

Assault weapons aren't real and it's not a clip

underrated

100% of school shooters and mass shooters have had both their kidneys. You're a ticking time bomb.

"assault weapons" is just a nonsense term. Doesn't pick out a natural kind. Add a flashlight to a normal gun and suddenly it's an "assault weapon".

>clip

You really think you should be allowed to own an automatic salt rifle with a 100 boolit clipizine?

Very well crafted bait, many hooks. I give you 8/10

Remove gang members and people shot in self-defense from the list. Then adjust for the violence of certain demographics and illegal weapons. Then adjust for population. It will not be so far from the other countries.

Also guns are the right of Americans so there's that whole Constitution thing.

>bill of needs

>My kidneys are not dangerous weapons
someone else could really use your kidney though, why are you so selfish?!?

>Allowed

It's called a right

motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/mass-shootings-map

Look at this article. Out of 62 mass shootings, 49 were done using legally obtained assault weapons with high capacity clips. Common sense restrictions could have stopped this. How can you argue against this?

No, like Japan or Sweden.

Another example of right-wing racism.

Assault weapons have a much higher capability for murder than hunting rifles.

Same reason the swiss need them

I'm confused. Of course more people will die in places where there are more guns. That is just how statistics work. I bet Florida has more shark attacks than fucking Kansas, but we aren't bitching about sharks.

Guess some people just don't understand per capita.

This one never works on liberals. I like to point them to the fact that legal gun ownership and crime levels are not correlated across the fifty states. It makes them forget why they want to go after the Bill of Rights.

>My kidneys are not dangerous weapons. They cannot shoot up a school or kill 30 people with 1 clip. Assault weapons are, and can do all of these things.
You think any of those mass shooters could've killed all those innocents without thier kidneys?

BAN ASSAULT KIDNEYS! ITS THE CURRENT YEAR PEOPLE!

You guys are clinging to a document written hundreds of years ago as to why you should be able to own as many deadly weapons as you want. The constitution is not some infallible document, it can be changed for the greater good and it should be.

Yes, and if we restricted guns then less people would die, just like if they removed sharks from an area there would be less shark attacks. It's common sense.

How do you even operate in the world, leftists? When you get in a car, do you have to constantly think about not running over old people on the sidewalk? Do you have to control your urge to gouge out your waiter's eyes with your fork when he brings you the check? Is your desire to rob your neighbor and rape his wife so uncontrollable that you chain yourself to the wall of your basement when you think these?

That's how leftists sound. You have no self control. You think that because you are so pathetic and weak and cannot even control your own thoughts that everyone else must be as shitty as you and would do horrible things with whatever is in their hands, particularly if they have a different political opinion than you, because that means they're obvious stupid and racist.

Glad they illustrated the real issue here.

Seriously though, can you show your "common sense" restrictions would have stopped them from getting a gun and shooting up a place?

>assault weapons
Are illegal in the US. An assault weapon is automatic. Automatic weapons are illegal.

When you live in a small lily white neighborhood with no crime it's naive to believe the rest of the country is like that. Let alone, that you can depend on the police. Have you ever had the police involved in a burglary or assault. Most cops don't give a shit and will do as little bureaucratic bullshit as they have to, the more they see every day, the less they care. They come in, take a report, say "don't call us, we'll call you".
Gun in the house means you have taken it to yourself to be responsible for your own life. After the countless failed government programs, why do idiots always think the govt will get it right next time?
Decent people just want to be fucking left alone.

>You are statistically more likely to hurt yourself than to kill an intruder with a gun in your home.

Every firearm accident I've ever seen or heard of has been the result of someone handling a firearm in a way they shouldn't have been (i.e. treating it like a toy, waving it around while it's cocked/locked), and the majority have involved alcohol.

It's not difficult or unreasonable for gun owners to keep their guns in some sort of safe (so that kids can't get to them) or at least in a trigger lock when they're not using them. Hell, if you want to have a gun on you just keep the thing in a holster that covers the trigger. That guns may pose a danger if handled irresponsibly is no reason that people shouldn't be allowed to own them.

>and it should be
na fuck off cunt i need my guns to fight off niggers and filthy pinkos like yourself.

>None of you answered my question. Why do Americans NEED guns? If we got rid of guns in America it would me a much safer country.

Your premise is false. As gun ownership has risen in the us the crime rate has fallen. The most murderous places in the us have the strictest gun control.

And fuck your justification shit. Cause freedom, bitch. Why do you NEED freedom of speech? Why do you NEED freedom to suck other men's cocks? Why do you NEED privacy? Why do you need freedom to leave house without papers.

How do you measure a firearms "capability for murder"? And how would one have a higher "capability for murder" when they are functionally identical. Why would they automatically have a "high capability for murder" rather than a high capability for defense? Do they have a mind of their own?

You have just proven that you have no concept of how a firearm functions so you're not even qualified to speak on the matter.

You're a retard.

You don't NEED to be on Sup Forums, yet you are.
>/thread

no assualt rifles are fully automatic, assault weapon is a made up buzzword that leftists use after being reminded time and time again they don't know shit about firearms

I want you to explain this chart to me. There is no correlation between level of gun ownership and gun violence in the United States. This means that going after gun owners WON'T work.

Yeah but that would also be illegal and infringing on one of Americas basic rights. I won't deny that if you could somehow take away all the guns in America that gun violence would likely drop by some margin. Doesn't mean its the right thing to do though.

Guns are banned in france and it didn't help them.

Troll harder .

Not quite.

You can fill out a shit ton of paperwork and shell a shiny coin, but you can own damn near anything in this country.

Feels good man.

Just fyi the most murderous places one doesn't work on libshits because they will say the gun control is because of the violence

>The constitution is not some infallible document
Let's ban Freedom of Speech then, since it can hurt people's feelings

Gun bans don't stop nuts from getting guns. They just stop law abiding people from defending themselves.

Stop supporting mass shooters user.

>right to own assault weapons isn't in the constitution

Neither is abortion.

That's what I said shithead. No citizen can legally buy an "assault rifle" it's a strawman argument. M16 =/= AR-15.

Abortion should be left up to the parents to decide, not just the mother, and certainly not the state

We MUST ban swimming pools! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

i was just pointing out a semantic difference

What's the age cut off for your parents being allowed to murder you?

And that isn't even correct. You can buy assault rifles with the correct paperwork and taxes.

12 weeks, when the fetus develops a brain

>If the attackers didn't have access to assault weapons

What fantasy land are you living in where you think just declaring guns as illegal means criminals won't still be able to access them?

If that were the case, why are gun-free zones such a priority target for spree shooters?

Moreover, even if they didn't have access to guns, they would have used the next best thing. Weren't the San Bernardino muslims trying to manufacture explosives in their garage?

Right to bear arms shall not be infringed
>"Assault weapons" are covered

Can't find the amendment for abortions
>Legislation from the bench

I think you can actually buy some fully automatic, select fire rifles, there are just an assload of restrictions that makes getting them more trouble than they're worth; they cost a fortune (an automatic AR-15 or AK will cost $10,000-20,000), you have to get a tax stamp, you have to get it registered with the NFA, some states ban them altogether, etc.

Then who is going to enforce that if it's not up to the state to decide?

We're getting there pretty soon user