Why does Sup Forums hate reddit and t*mblr again?

Why does Sup Forums hate reddit and t*mblr again?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/the_chainsmokers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They have the wrong kind of taste in everything, including music, literature, cinema, fashion, food, politics, etc.

they hate rym too

These are the objective ratings

so why does Sup Forums hate reddit and t*mblr if they have similar tastes again?

because Sup Forums is full of rejects from both sites.

>loveless only a 6
other than that I gree

>fashion
the only thing /fa/ understands about fashion is its artistic context, which is fine. i'd much sooner respect and trust someone, especially a grown-ass man, in a tucked in button-down shirt, a leather belt and some dark wash jeans over someone wearing rick owens and alexander wang in public.

*which is fine, but i'd much sooner respect

Wish you didn't use bowie for your stupid fucking thread

dubs if true

bowie is tumblr incarnate

i was here before those sites even existed noob

dont pretend you're a music critic when you haven't even listened to all of these pleb lmao

>Sup Forums's nu-males actually think mucore is some crucial, acclaimed list and that you'll be a pleb if you don't listen to that overrated garbo
Lmaoing back at you, faggot.

no U.

Go back to ur motorhead

>Go back to ur motorhead

not implying it's essential but if you've spent some time on this board you've heard most of those albums anyway
say, a critic reviews an artist on their whole but neglects a 3-4 albums, would his review be legitimate? perhaps not the perfect analogy, but if your intention was to review all those albums there based off your superior taste, taking the effort to listen to the remainder albums wouldn't be too much of a hassle
and what counter-argument is this when you heard all of the accessible Sup Forums core albums there already?

Trying too hard

I suppose tumblr would like his androgynous antics.

Though he is my favourite musician

reddit.com/user/the_chainsmokers

I'm sorry but Sup Forums doesn't have an opinion of it's own. The reason we hate tumblr and plebbit, is because anthony fantano the music nerd does !

There are a lot of differences between reviewing an artist without listening to his/her whole discography and rating album off of an incoherent mess of a chart though
> when you heard all of the accessible Sup Forums core albums there already?
And the ones I didn't rate are inaccessible? I thought they were some lame female pop so I avoided them espcially after I listening to Art Angels but I'll give it a try
If "trying hard" means having preferences and not being a tasteless drone, sure. Maybe you should try it sometimes too.

>TDS
>4
Discarded.

You aren't a drone, but you sure are tasteless user.

point is why even attempt reviewing the chart if you havent heard all the albums? and my use of 'accesible' was a mistake, i meant in terms of popularity, and availability on the board here

Taste has nothing to do with this faggot, you're just too far up your own ass to understand why some of those albums have their acclaim. No I'm not talking about Death Grips or Kendrick or AnCo. I agree with like 5/8 of your ratings but you're trying too hard and need to lighthen up.

TDS's more like a part of a suicide starter pack, t b h f a m

>never listened to Hounds of Love
your opinion is disregarded

Deathconsciousness is a good example of suicide starter pack
NIN is glorified numetal

Okay, i'll take the bait user, why do you think Pet Sounds, Remain in Light, Blonde on Blonde, OK Computer, TDSOTM and Low deserve those ratings?

>numetal.
>It's the "user doesn't know what he is talking about" episode again.
>user doesn't even know what TDS is actually about.
Just kek

t. schoolshooter

>Deathconsciousness is a good example of suicide starter pack
I am getting sick of everyone pretending that album is so depressing or some shit.

it doesn't really matter what you think though

Dylan Klebold was a NIN fan

And recently they've found a school-schooter has been playing Call Of Duty.
This argument is literally that kind soccer moms used. It proves nothing.
The columbine shooters were edgy fucks, Dylan disgusts me the most, he should have fucked off and killed himself alone. I am getting sick of these two shit-heads being so well known and talked about. Dylan liking NIN doesn't change what TDS is actually about, it actually mocks people whom hurt others due to how damaged they are and how they want to be in power. (Big Man With A Gun).

>the fact that schoolshooters like NIN doesn't mean that NIN is a schoolshooter-core

>schoolshooters
We are talking just about just one, they also liked Doom, is Doom a game for school shooters?

i dunno but their taste (like most entry-level "oh yeah i'm alternative or whatever i like music" kids) is basic as shit, it's alt hits like frank ocean alt-j bon iver and i find that really boring

>Doom a game for school shooters?
it's possibly the most schoolshooter-core game of the 90s
>angsty and edgy music influenced by metal
>not numetal

>He really thinks NIN is numetal
>Not baiting
>Thinking most of The Downward Spiral is actually metal.
>Not knowing TDS is more influenced by industrial.
Besides, NIN has strived away industrial influenced metal right after TDS was released. So calling NIN as a whole numetal is just utter retardation.

>>Thinking most of The Downward Spiral is actually metal.
>>Not knowing TDS is more influenced by industrial.
numetal, almost like krautrock, doesnt have many distinct features
Limp Bizkit and slipknot sound almost nothing alike, yet both bands are considered numetal
TDS is numetal
>NIN has strived away industrial influenced metal right after TDS was released. So calling NIN as a whole numetal is just utter retardation
the irony of no self-awareness
that's like saying that calling Linkin Park as a whole numetal is just utter retardation

adsnhmg is a faggot. pass it on

is that you?

>numetal, almost like krautrock, doesnt have many distinct features
that's not true at all
>Limp Bizkit and slipknot sound almost nothing alike, yet both bands are considered numetal
so every band from a genre has to sound the same? is that what you're saying?
>TDS is numetal
you still haven't explained why.

>that's not true at all
wrong
>so every band from a genre has to sound the same? is that what you're saying?
no
see >>TDS is numetal
>you still haven't explained why.
see

>wrong
>no
compelling arguments
also, pretty much every metal is edgy and angsty. be more specific instead of giving a shallow description of the music

I don't really get these kind of divisions because Sup Forums is exactly like them: has different types of users and gets generalised for one. But then again each one spits on the other so it's ok (although people from reddit seem to admire Sup Forums???)

>The wrong kind of taste
Wew

>implying Sup Forums has good taste in any of those things

To be honest, I have no idea why, other than Tumblr and Reddit having completely different demographics they cater to. I guess people just want to start rivalries out of nothing.

the whole ''''''rivalry'''''' between websites is fucking retarded and yet I see it in pretty much every website I frequent

They turn this meme rivalry into a real war. Remember the Charlottesville plow?

Why not?

>I dont like what you said before
>so I'll just ignore it so I can concentrate on your no's
>using sarcasm
>without being aware of the fact it's going the lowest point of my part of the discussion
>and despite the fact I have the same 'compelling arguments'
huh nice
>pretty much every metal is edgy and angsty
so you just don't understand what metal is
no wonder you don't understand what numetal is

>>I dont like what you said before
>>so I'll just ignore it so I can concentrate on your no's
I didn't ignore it you fucking retard, you literally just redirected me to your post again as if you said anything of substance in it even though I was directly replying to it
>>without being aware of the fact it's going the lowest point of my part of the discussion
what?
>so you just don't understand what metal is
explain how a good part of metal isn't angsty and edgy
I don't think either is a bad thing btw
and you still haven't explained how nin is nu metal (besides throwing around a couple of adjectives)

metal is for children user

denial that cricicallyacclaimedcore has seeped into these communities as well so the only thing separating Sup Forums from them is shitposting

>explained how nin is nu metal
I-it just is, okay?

All the albums on that chart are pretty entry level for their respective genres. So if you haven't listened to all of the albums on that chart, it shows a lack of the sufficient musical knowledge you need to have your opinion taken seriously. You don't know anything about music history, you haven't even listened to the most baseline classics. Your opinion is irrelevant because you can't properly criticize, contextualize, and analyze music if you have a lack of knowledge about music, which you have demonstrated above is the case.

and the rest is for manly men I suppose then faggot?
bet you feel like your taste is better than everyones too gtfo

>besides throwing around a couple of adjectives
people usually explain things this way

all of you really need your cherry popped I bet most of you just listened to the mainstream (slipknot, disturbed, metallica, anthrax, and probably a shit ton of bad metalcore)
like really
if anything metal deserves to be talked about for it's technical and fascinatingly interesting work for the bands that actually put love into it. to simply disregard and entire genre is like wow ok, I thought this was Sup Forums

there's some deep shit in there mein. learn some real mental problems in some of those songs or just like what they're going through.. instead of just songs about fucking and the same cliches

(not saying there's not cliches in metal you just gotta find the diamonds among the variety)

my taste is better than everybody who listens to metal, yes