DNA from ancient Phoenician stuns scientists

DNA from ancient Phoenician stuns scientists

foxnews.com/science/2016/05/27/dna-from-ancient-phoenician-stuns-scientists.html?intcmp=obnetwork

A study of the first DNA obtained from an ancient Phoenician reveals that the man had European ancestry.

The research team, which was co-led by Professor Lisa Matisoo-Smith of the University of Otago in New Zealand, sequenced the first complete mitochondrial genome of 2,500-year-old Phoenician buried in North Africa. Experts studied a man dubbed the “Young Man of Byrsa” or “Ariche,” whose remains were taken from a sarcophagus in the ancient city of Carthage, just outside Tunis, the Tunisian capital. Carthage was the center of the Phoenician civilization.

yahoo.com/news/first-dna-ancient-phoenician-shows-europe-ancestry-222951219.html

Phoenicians are known as the creators of the first alphabet, and inhabited the coastal cities, Tyre, Sidon, Byblos and Arwad, in what is now Lebanon and southern Syria.

According to lead study author Lisa Matisoo-Smith, a professor in the department of anatomy at New Zealand's University of Otago, the remains reveal the earliest known evidence in North Africa of a rare European genetic population, or haplogroup, known as U5b2c1.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2016-05/uoo-ads051916.php
youtu.be/jy-3RzmF_NU
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=OD_TIrX7zu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The first DNA analysis of 2,500-year-old remains from one of the great early civilizations of the Middle East, the Phoenicians, has shown the man had European heritage, researchers said Wednesday.

The findings offer the earliest evidence of the European mitochondrial haplogroup U5b2c1 in North Africa, according to Matisoo-Smith, dating its arrival to at least the late sixth century B.C.

Ancient DNA study finds Phoenician from Carthage had European ancestry.

eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2016-05/uoo-ads051916.php

>tfw self identify as Phoenician

feels good to be validated, man

>tfw Tartessian pure breed
>tfw white monkeys call spaniards niggers

>tfw thought it was going to be WE WUZ KINGZ
>pleasantly surprised

AYO HOL UP

WE

Experts analyzed the mitochondrial DNA of 47 modern Lebanese people and found none were of the U5b2c1 lineage.

Same shit that will happen to Europe.

This is actually a "Just a moment, chap" thread.

Read you dumb ape.

>known evidence in North Africa of a rare European
they're called Berber and are basically, germanic bastards

WE
WERE
KINGS
AND
SO
ON

WE WUZNT KANGZ????

WE WUZ ALPHABET N SHEEEEIT!!!

In the contrary.

One second old bean are you to tell me that we were royalty and whatnot?

>Phoenicians are known as the creators of the first alphabet
>what is cuniform
besides they probably belonged to the sea peoples believed to be indo-europeans, as they were also a seafaring nation

Hyksos
Sea People
Blonde Peruvians
Mound Builders
Jade Emperor

Why would this stun scientists? Why would scientists think they were black?

Beautifully put.

We have survived and will never fall.

>The findings in the journal PLOS ONE suggest his maternal lineage likely came from the north Mediterranean coast, on the Iberian Peninsula, perhaps near what is modern day Spain or Portugal.

So this guys great great great great etc grandmother may have been a spic and Sup Forums thinks this makes him a European e.i "white" because he may have been .01 percent spanish? lel

And what is European genetic or ancestry?
Do you realize Europe is a continent that contain different Caucasian groups
Why germanics so ignorant and stupid?

Why

Do you

yeah I did this doesn't mean shit you simian

Excuse me
*sips tea*
Wait just a moment there my man
*explores world*
Are you attempting to explain to me
*whips slaves*
That us fellows were
*Forms colonies*
Some jolly sort of
*Sells opium*
Monarchs and whatnot?
*dances poorly*
That we

the white man wasn't suicidal back then

>hail from the iron islands

and that's where i stopped reading.

Could this not just have been a native Iberian who adopted Cathaginian culture and moved to Carthage?

Cuniform was hyroglyphs like chinese, not an alphabet.

>No white man, you are the the sea jew

>dances poorly

I look black when I'm dancing.
youtu.be/jy-3RzmF_NU

WUZ

y'all are dumb.

let me help you for a second

modern europeans emerged conclusively in the fossil record about 3k years ago as teh dominant group, defined as r1b and r1a sweeping across the whole of europe, killing local horticulturalists, raping their woman, and displacing horticulture with feudal agriculture.

different europeans have diferent profiles NOT because of different r1bor r1a markers, but because fo different native groups that were rapedand remain in the genome

this means that
1. hitler was RIGHT, somehow,50 years before molecular dna evidence
2. when we discover a european in bronze age centers of antiquity, and he resembles a basal european profile rather than a basal semitic profile, it means that semites REPLACED the eruopeans, explaining bronze age collapse

you fucking idiots

here's another one for you

in china there WAS NO bronze age collapse and NO dark ages because there was NO population replacement event where chna was invaded by shitskins. their DNA profile reflects this.

youre welcome, Sup Forums

Only his maternal haplogroup was iberian

For all we know this man was 99.9 percent black but had a great great great great great great etc grandmother who was Iberian

They need to do an autosomal test. Mtdna tells even us less than ydna because it mutates very slowly

SO U BE SAYIN...
WE WUZ HANNIBAL N SHIET??

debatable
>An alphabetic cuneiform script with 30 signs including three that indicate the following vowel was invented in Ugarit before the 15th century BC. This script was not used after the destruction of Ugarit.[11]

Might sound crazy, but what if the "Phoenician" was just an immigrant?

>be poor dirt farmer living in southern France
>Greeks are gone, so no more people to sell shitty grains to for a high price
>hear of great city in the south of the Great Sea
>pack up and travel there
>shit's pretty nice
>lots of tan qt3.14's
>people can read and write like the Greeks, but aren't busy butt-fucking 12 year old boys
>all seems pretty good... wait... what are they doing with that baby?
>well... guess paradise cant be perfect

muh sicilian DNA

>hieroglyphs
>alphabet
Pick one you stupid faggot

WE

Didn't read

He looks like he is a Roman, no?

you're dumb and you should feel dumb.

when in history has a female lineage violently displaced a rival female lineage and taken the men?

never.

we hvae evidence from the levant that philistines were greek. philistine sites have bones with isotopes that could have only emerged in greece.

they weren't female warriors

the levant was basal european until about 1500 years ago, supplanted by back migration from europe

>they're called Berber and are basically, germanic bastards
That could be from te Vandals.

It's funny how they always try to make the depiction looking something between a nigger a mongoloid and a gooks.

Better not offense anyone even tho DNA says he was probably more looking like casear but whatever.

>genes from 600 BCE
>ancient exist Phoecians 6000+ BCE

The study is off by an order of magnitude. Its like saying modern Greek DNA is the same as ancient Greek DNA (same for most of Eastern Europe)

No clue what you're blabbering about, but I'm sure it's nonsense.

I'm saying just because we know his maternal haplogroup doesnt mean we know anything about his actual ancestry beyond speculation

Exactly. Niggers have NEVER Built a successful civilization....EVER!

Even the Egyptians were most likely Europeans mixed with Sand people.

bad theory. at the time oceanic voyage was impossible. southern european lineages came into the levant by dinghies that had to e rowed, they hadn't discovered sails yet. the med is the only place where this kind of travel was possible, and they still had to stick to the coast because they didn't have star charts.

3k years ago, modern euro lineages came into europe via the northern caucasus, about 2k years ago, those same lineages made their way back into the caucasus region, and further south into phoenecia, the elvant, etc. by rowed boats, BEFORE they made it to north africa, because making it to north africa is impossible by following the coast.

the tale of king david is the tale of native levantine people being displaced by european invaders who were smarter, more numerous, etc.

WE WUZ DESTROYERS OF CIVILIZATIONS AND SHIT

>Colonizing
>just a immigrant.

"Ariche's mitochondrial genetic make-up most closely matches that of the sequence of a particular modern day individual from Portugal.”
Yes, he was 100% white!
t. Alberto Barbosa

the Kush Empire was pretty good

Interesting so how exactly did the Europeans of old look? I have heard stories that the Ancient Romans had Red and Blonde hair. Is this true?

The Picture that OP posted looks like a Italian / Mediterranean male not much different from what you would encounter today.

you're showing how stupid you are

never in history has a group of females migrated to a new place and interbred with the males.

if the bones are from a foreign group with female lineage, it means the males invaded and brought females with them.

we use these kinds of metrics to track population movements very accurately. you're trying to deny fucking facts

Vandalo in spanish is literally translated as thief

I never mentioned or speculated on anything you are talking about, consider medication friend.

Underrated. I chuckled heartily.

I just hope an external enemy strikes soon enough to wake us up. If the lefties keep draining our veins of blood it may eventually be too late.

Wir waren Könige!

Their name comes from ancient Greek and it either means "blood-red men" (meaning they have red skin, which would mean they were not White), or it could mean "red-headed men"
"Blood-red men" would probably mean that their skin appeared red from the blood vessels beneath, and also that their skin would turn red when they blushed.

ancient accounts are probably accurate. they didn't simply imagine the existence of red hair out of nowhere.

the remnants of pre-r1b/r1a peoples are most closely genetically related to irish/basque peoples.

A colony of the ancient Finnish kingdom. We're more U5 heavy than any other ethnicity.

>at the time oceanic voyage was impossible

who said anything about traveling there by boat? He could walk there like humans have always been doing.

And maybe he did sail. People did not always stick to coasts. How did some of the larger islands in the Mediterranean Sea get populations on them? He could pay for passage to Corsica, then Sardinia, and finally onto Carthage itself.

There is a lot of ways to immigrate somewhere. I mean, modern illegals do it with makeshift rafts and anything that floats nowadays.

Who's to say that this European didn't do that? Imagine the rage those Phoenicians must have felt.
>damn snowskins
>taking our country over
>won't be praising Baal much longer at this rate
>we'll be a [insert ancient Euro language here] speaking country in no time
>Caananite? more like Cuckanite

>making it to north africa is impossible by following the coast.
Unless they can break down the boat and move it on land,

t. Alberto Barbosa

Colonies attract all sorts of international attention. Even before modern communication. Look at the United States.

>the white man wasn't suicidal back then

We aren't suicidal.

If there is just one small gathering of unashamed whites, then the inheritance lives on.

I was just going to say that.

U5 is unequivocally Finnic in origin. That is really interesting.

Phoneicains were Siberians ?

Spanish people are white you obvious minority

>Even the Egyptians were most likely Europeans

Ramesses II, the most powerful pharaoh of the Egyptian Empire, was a REDHEAD, for fuck's sake. His preserved corpse shows not even a trace of negroid features.

* WHITES CONFIRMED MASTER RACE *

* BLACKS BTFO YET AGAIN *

the gays are already getting more redpilled, the moment women see multiculturalism as it really is nothing is stopping Europe

>are most closely genetically related to irish/basque peoples.
No they are not

They are most closely related to Sardinians

And it would be impossible for them to be closely related to Irish and Basques since basques and Irish aren't even closely related to each other.

What if we was every ancient civilisation from Mesopotamia to Egypt and our history just repeats as a cycle of getting destroyed by shitskin immigration and we move further and further north as a result.

The last Pharaohs of Egypt were black. There's a reason for that.

I fucking love you, user.

Wait a second lads. Do these scientific findings give evidence to the claim that we people of European descent, were in fact partially descended from a successful civilization?

walking takes thousands of years because you can't feed an army supplied with bronze weapons by scavenging.

they necessarily took boats, and they necessarily had ships to transport mined bronze.

infrastructure at the time was better than what you would commonly assume. infrastructure stayed in tact roughly until the age of cavalry when arabs went around burning ships, deep water ports, forcing italians and spanish to build all of their settlements in the mountains (you didn't think that was a coincidence did you?)

ship transport means an army could land in the levant in a year, instead of after several decades of walking. it meant they could bring food to supply their siege armies, it meant they cuold bring their woman, which is precisely what this dna evidence shows.

>U5b2c1

Wait what? How is that possible? What route would Finns follow to get to that location?

Stupid cumskins everyone know da real Master Race was the ancient Atlantians who were all Niggas! They used power crystals and earth magic when white men were living in caves. You are all children of Yukub!

>Experts analyzed the mitochondrial DNA of 47 modern Lebanese people and found none were of the U5b2c1 lineage.

Bingo.

>U5
finnic caliphate confirmed

People from Phoenix are Phoenicians

Pretty cringey stuff desu

This time we will move more than North, we will move away from this entire planet and claim space for the white man!

So the logical next question is.. When?

When do we start?

>A study of the first DNA obtained from an ancient Phoenician reveals that the man had European ancestry.

Lies.

That nigga was black as the ace of spades.

>Ramesses II, the most powerful pharaoh of the Egyptian Empire, was a REDHEAD,
Sauce? Was that from a DNA test of the mummified corpse?

Nice but still kinda cringey

Lived long enough to see the 'we wuz alphabet n' shiet' meme die
Thank you based and perhaps orientationally challenged Fins

>walking takes thousands of years
>instead of after several decades of walking

I mean... do you read what you are saying? Entire civilizations migrated on foot/horseback. It's entirely possible.

They did it fast too. Humans just walk bro. We're good at it. All the while of walking, it's not like they did not have the means to barter with the passing peoples.

I am just talking about the single skeleton they examined. Maybe HE got there by walking after the foundation of Carthage. Maybe HE sailed there with vessels bound for the new city: the fucking name Carthage comes from Qart Hadasht, "the new city".

>U5b2c1
LOL FINNS confirmed for Master Race?

APPROPRIATE THREAD THEME!!

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=OD_TIrX7zu0

SAY IT WITH MY FELLOW WHITES

WE

It's always funny to see cumskins claiming to be Phoenicians, Egyptians, Romans and Greeks and Sumerians and SHIET because some DNA matched one mommie

WUZ

kek