User! name the most important musical genre of the twentieth century! and don't say heavy metal

>user! name the most important musical genre of the twentieth century! and don't say heavy metal...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=muCPjK4nGY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Objectively Pop Rock

Minimalism

How do you define "important"?

Rawknrawl baybuh

Buttmetal

Something something niggers

serialism

nu-metal

This is objectively the correct answer, by the way. It's the most influential development in music of the 20th century, similar to cubism in visual arts and stream of consciousness in literature.

Psychedelic Rock

Jazz

Pop

Serialism was a passing fad that no one liked my dude.

Not true. Serialism dominated the music world for ~50 years, and all other methods of composition were judged in comparison to it. It was perhaps even more influential than cubism was in the visual arts, which only lasted about a decade.

DEATH TO ALL BUTTMETAL

Neo avant-dadaism

emo

nightcore

patrician choice

Yeah because it was the only thing left to do with instruments that were hundreds of years old.

Then ya know electricity happened and people had fresh things to explore.

electro swing

Prog rock

obviously the blues

Actually the instruments changed quite substantially over those few hundred years. A fortepiano sounds extremely different from a grand piano, for example. Also, many new things have been and are still being done compositionally with totally acoustic instruments: look at movements like spectralism and new complexity for examples

Not as substantial a difference as electric guitars and amplifiers and tape machines and synthesizers and samplers and digital effects and DAWs tho, hey?

Spectralism seems interesting. Reminds me of that talking player piano.

youtube.com/watch?v=muCPjK4nGY4

Probably this but it did start to develop in the late 19th century

Progressive Electronic

Jazz or dub

Post-avant djent.

Either jazz or r&b

Death to Papa Roach, Blink 182
All those fucking pussies sound like soggy doo

synthwave

Its punk.

1. Punk
2. Jazz