These are designed to do major internal damage. Are these really needed for petty crimes...

These are designed to do major internal damage. Are these really needed for petty crimes? I honestly don't see the point to these rounds.

Well thank goodness the second amendment isn't limited to what you can see the point of.

What you need is a sawed off fully automatic elephant rifle with exploding tips. Anything less is for pussies who can't handle a real gun

Killing an armed intruder really fast and effectively. Everything that can be used for attack can be used for defense and the way reality itself works there's little point to preventing access to simple technologies to criminals but a huge effect in doing so to the law-abiding. You don't want us to have hollow-points for the same reason the 17 year old who capped my father for saying "get out of my house" when said person was robbing it doesn't want us to have them: I could kill him in 1-2 shots to center mass. With a normal bullet he will almost certainly return fire injuring or killing me unless I get him dead in the goddamn brainstem or lower brain generally. Then the jury asks "Why did you shoot Dindunothing McAngel in the face the second you saw him and yes I am asking this even though he was pointing a gun at you because Dindu" because I shot him dead in the face instead of being able to at least pretend I was an overarmed panicky piece of shit.

Ugh fucking leftist commie racist court control we should just form some fucking mobs already and do what we know is right.

If I wanted to rob something i'd take an fmj so i could cripple someone instead of doing major damage. I wouldnt want to actually kill someone.

You have the wrong mindset. They aren't made to turn your stomach into ground beef. They are made to expand so when you shoot someone in the leg etc, that they expand so instead of shooting someone 5 times and killing them. You can drop them with 1 or 2 so you don't kill them.

They're actually designed to reduce overpenetration. By opening up, they increase drag significantly, meaning they have less kinetic energy after passing through the target, if they pass through at all. I don't like the idea of shooting my target and hitting something or someone behind him, it's irresponsible.

That will leave 2 holes for each bullet for him to bleed to death from. He'll still die, but too late to do your corpse any good.

the point of these is that ideally the bullet will stop and break apart in your target, causing the most damage. when bystanders are nearby theres less of a chance you'll hit an innocent with a through and through shot of your intended target. these are simply self defense bullets. you can accidentally shoot the guy in the leg and its possible for a fragment to travel through his bloodstream to his heart... very effective rounds at close range

We aren't those cute

You don't shoot anyone with anything for petty crimes.

Deadly force is for violent felonious crimes.

>the point to these rounds
to kill nigger trash

Frontier Elite II, nice game

Them's soft tissue damage boolits.
If it's not worth killing over, it's not worth shooting someone over. Define "petty crimes", you b8ing f4g. I don't see the point to your continued survival. Go on, make your case.

Or for crimes you intend to claim are felonious.

You want to be able to use a smaller caliber round and still knock the assailant down with one shot. Hydrostatic shock means the kinetic force of the bullet will transfer through the water in the body causing temporary paralysis but you don't want to fire a bullet so big it goes through him, the wall, your neighbor's wall and into his kid. The bullet seperates, transfers the energy to the target and stops. Or hits the wall and shatters with out penetration. A good .38 is big enough for home protection.

Hold on loosely, but don't let go
If you cling too tightly you're gonna lose control

Interesting dialect. Take a closer look, maybe of yourself.

>when bystanders are nearby theres less of a chance you'll hit an innocent with a through and through shot of your intended target
this

I dont trust these in the least.

Its not a petty crime if the criminal uses a firearm to hurt someone you twat.

> (OP)
>>the point to these rounds
>to kill nigger trash
/thread

You need to defend yourself against grenade wielding rabbits and turkey's in the forest.

FMJ likes to punch through a body and can cause collateral damage.

You can always just not commit any violent crime or try to hurt anyone and you'll live your entire life without having to interact with those.

>>I don't see the point

Because the point is hollow, Eugene.

Hollow points just cause a little more pain and make you bleed a little more. There's nothing magical about them. I carry them in my G19, but I don't worship them or believe that using them is more important than being skillful with my weapon. At the same time, I am very anal about the sharpness of my edged weapons, so maybe I am a hypocrite or something.

These do not work the way you think they might. They will cause damage but do not have the killing power of a typical hollow point. Specifically because they break up into shards that can not penetrate bone. So unless the shot is lucky you run the risk of just doing tissue damage and not hitting major organs which are protected by the skeletal system.

the 2nd amendment doesn't define arms, meaning the government is well within it's ability to regulate what arms are and what they aren't. Otherwise you could go by a bazooka right now. you can't

>Well thank goodness the second amendment isn't limited to what you can see the point of.
If you were caught by the enemy with these on a battlefield, you would be summarily shot as a war criminal. And by the Geneva Conventions, they'd be in the right.

you want the critical defense rounds my man. the polymer keeps the hollow point from getting denim or other shit caught up in it and reducing expansion. if they don't expand then they'll overpenetrate. you want these boys to expend all their energy inside the body of the person you're shooting, not in the wall behind them

they also expand and slow down far more rapidly in soft tissue. ya know, so you don't shoot through somebody and kill the innocent person behind them.

used to work at a lgs. they sent us ballistics gel blocks these had been shot into to be put out on display. The display hurt their sales tremendously. These things do what they're intended to do and fragment but they only penetrate a couple inches. It'd be a goddamn nightmare for a doctor to have to pick out all of those little copper pieces but it's nowhere near lethal. you'd be better off with a pellet rifle honestly. at least some of those can actually penetrate through the soft tissue and reach an organ

You are right, I prefer a 12 gauge shotgun with buckshot for petty crimes. Hollow point rounds are for too damaging.

they are designed to stop inside the target, which means it won't pass through them and hit a bystander.

>don't see the point
>hollow point
It's not as funny when you repost it for the 100th time.

You don't see the point because they are hollow.

I use deer slugs. I'm scared of any pictures or my tv breaking.

You don't count good, do you?

this belongs on /k/ newfag

You can. Actually.
Get a class 3 weapons permit and you can purchase weapons such as an M72 LAW or other explosive ordinances.

Mind you, such a license is expensive.

Faggot

A primary strategy of war is to wound the enemy so they become a burden to themselves.

>fell for the hornady meme

>are these really needed for petty crimes

Implying cartridges are designed for petty crimes you fucking piece of flabby armadillo cock.

This is true. But, we in the west have suffered many horrible wars in the last century and that has led us to create laws which govern our behavior on the field of battle.

In reality you are correct, but you are incorrect when it comes to our standards on the modern battlefield and how you're applying that principle.

The thing with guns is that you have to read on more than just what a single type of ammunition does to understand the entire culture behind it. for example, some criminals that survive gunshots wounds from a person defending their own home with the use of a firearm end up taking it to court and winning against the person simply defending what they have worked for. if you are FOR that would be criminal, walk yourself into Harlem at night and let nature take its course.

that is the dumbest fucking myth and it really needs to die. republicans keep perpetuating it for no fucking reason, probably because of how laughably stupid it is.

Then don’t own a fucking gun. Period. Full stop. Get a taser you shitbag. You never shoot to wound. You shoot to kill. These aren’t warning shots. You are firing to save YOUR life.

Lots of retardation in this thread

i carry these in my lcp 2

FAGGOT

Its always been true you dumb fuck.
You know what hurts a war effort more than losing a soldier?
Losing a soldier and having to dedicate resources into keeping them alive and rehabiliting them

>I honestly don't see the point to these rounds.

Niggers.

Odd way of telling everyone your mentally retarded

wow are you really that stupid user? Up till now I thought it was only rumours

dead man walking. Enjoy being cornholed by a goatfucker

precisely

Everyone in this entire god damn thread is wrong.

The purpose of hollow point bullets is NOT that they do more damage and/or allow you to take down a threat with less shots.

The purpose of a hollow point is that it expends all of its energy in the target, and not into whatever is behind it. That's why police carry them: so they can shoot the perp and not have the bullet pass through and hit little Susie down the street.

Nice thing is they're like $30-$60 per box of twenty and Jayquan's welfare check can only afford Wolf and TulAmmo.

in what world is any crime involving lethal weapons petty? you are retarded

Don't shoot as far, safer to use in public

>NOT that they do more damage and/or allow you to take down a threat with less shots.
>it expends all of its energy in the target
You should think this through a little more user

This.

They are designed to dump most of the energy into the target reducing the likelihood of over penetration

Greater damage is a side-effect of the round's design. The purpose of the design is to avoid over-penetration, and thus keep bystanders safer.

You have that backwards user.

Thread

Op has a hollow point.

That's wrong though.
They were first made and used for hunting rifles in the late 1800s

What you're sayimy is why they are currently used in handguns, but it's not the purpose they were originally designed for

I habe these in my 1911 .45 as well, like the round

>need

and the point of hollow points is to cause massive tissue damage while decelerating the projectile go the point that it shouldn't go out the other side of the target and hit a bystander

Reported for racism.

>These are designed to do major internal damage.

This is where you are wrong.
They're designed to stop an attacker fastest, with the least number of bullets fired.

Your face is designed to look like a butt.

no one cares. go back to nutting your monitor screen in some shit tier loli thread

how well do those perform?

>less of a chance you'll hit an innocent with a through and through shot of your intended target

This is ballistically impossible with any normal pistol caliber. There simply isn't enough energy left in any normal pistol caliber bullet to do damage once it passes through a human.
Normal calibers:
9x18 makarov
9mm parabellum
.357 sig
.357 magnum
.40 S&W
.45 ACP
.45 long colt

They're a knockoff from the Xtreme Defender, Xtreme Penetrator - and they don't perform as well.

>Your face is designed to look like a butt.

This is where you are wrong. Your face is my ass.

I carry 10mm, overpenetration is a concern for me

less of a concern compared to a 5.56mm/.223, 7.62mm/.308

those are rifle calibers you assclown

You're an idiot or a troll.
>/thread

Valid, but that doesntmean that's what hollow points were originally designed for

and?

I was talking about overpenetration, how there's less chance of that happening using a 10mm compared to using a rifle round

Zero chance if you just throw bullets at people

>I carry 10mm, overpenetration is a concern for me

Not exactly happy this myth is still alive and kicking.

It's not. I should have put that caliber in there too. It simply won't have enough energy on the other side of a person, even with ball ammo.

You can read the FBI HAF report. The most damage agents do is when they miss their targets, not shoot through them.

No one has has ever shot through one person and injured or killed someone behind them with a pistol caliber.

you mean hague convention, and no you wouldn't be shot; that is if the opposing party also respects the hague convention.

>10mm compared to using a rifle round

Rifle rounds put the same weight of metal at going over 2000 feet per second, and there is still a chance (if it's a standard rifle caliber) that the bullet would not break the skin of the person behind the one the bullet passed through.

Bullets are not magical.

Low penetration+ high manstopping senseless? I dont get it?

Why would the constitution be viable in war fucktard. This is meant for niggers.

fag

>geneva convention

These are legal by the convention, so I'm not sure why hollow point ammo is outlawed.

I'd prefer just killing the asshole who was threatening me. It beats the fuck out of getting manslaughter out of it because a round went through his dome and ate a poor 5 year old girl standing in the back ground.

>It beats the fuck out of getting manslaughter out of it because a round went through his dome and ate a poor 5 year old girl standing in the back ground.

The 4th rule of gun safety is knowing your target and beyond, so this would never happen.

this is all i came to say.
people who know what hollows are, but dont understand why they work the way they do are the worst kind of people.
"you carry hollow points? what are you trying to kill someone?!'
well.. yes. and im not trying to hit whatever/whoever is behind it

>would never happen
k

if it was impossible with pistol calibers, why is it it a fact that over penetration with standard fmjs is an issue

Dont talk shit about stuff you don't understand, dumbass